Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

Users who are viewing this thread

hrotha said:
Germanic Celt said:
Hengwulf said:
32 bits. I am trying to reinstall if I get it working I will let you know. It's just strange that it crashed even in the tutorial where graphics aren't that hard it would seem.

Ah, alright. In case re-installing doesn't work http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html has a solution that fixed crashes on mods like Brytenwalda and 1257 AD for me (I'm also 32 bit).
I also used to have constant crashes in mods for things as simple as unpausing.
I appreciate the help. I also have a 32 bits system and I'm also running into tons of problems, so thanks.

That said, I don't want to mess with my files, even though I know it's perfectly safe unless I'm an idiot, just so that this DLC, whose stated system requirements my computer meets with ease, won't crash. That's one for the devs. Optimize this thing, like, nao.

Wow, I feel frustrated and I haven't even played it yet (slow internet's really annoying). Still, I seriously hope it'll be patched and fixed soon

hrotha said:
Germanic Celt said:
Hengwulf said:
32 bits. I am trying to reinstall if I get it working I will let you know. It's just strange that it crashed even in the tutorial where graphics aren't that hard it would seem.

Ah, alright. In case re-installing doesn't work http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html has a solution that fixed crashes on mods like Brytenwalda and 1257 AD for me (I'm also 32 bit).
I also used to have constant crashes in mods for things as simple as unpausing.
I appreciate the help. I also have a 32 bits system and I'm also running into tons of problems, so thanks.

That said, I don't want to mess with my files, even though I know it's perfectly safe unless I'm an idiot, just so that this DLC, whose stated system requirements my computer meets with ease, won't crash. That's one for the devs. Optimize this thing, like, nao.

I guess I'll wait till an update as well. Thing is, I used the fix in you link couple of years back when I didn't have the RAM for some of the bigger mods. I could play them but I got crashes when saving. This is due to a large peak in RAM ussage and the fix allows your pc to temporarily give some extra room to counter that. It isn't a long term solution to my problems.

major problems for me (from the obvious crashes ofcourse).
* I get graphical bugs with textures like clothing, towns etc. turn all black.
* errors about .dll files
* massive framdrops

As my pc is old but still well within specs and people with better gear get similar issues, I think this DLC just needs optimising first.

Now I feel like I was lied...

Crashes, long loading time, characters run with very quick speed. I will not pre-order MB2. Will buy only after good review from others. haizz

I beg you devs of Viking Conquest.

Fix the multiplayer, you should know why there is so many buyers being disappointed, including. I was promised by my king a giant axe, i was waiting for this DLC since its day when it was announced. I was in love with the screenshots.... and what i have got made me sad          :cry:
Please release optimization patches, admin panels... Shieldbash, crouch and yes... TWO HANDED AXES! this is not that historical, you lost a major point by not adding any two handed axes... Maybe lower the speed of running because it feels like a little ****, everyone is fast as usain bolt, even though i had brynie i was still fast as some tunic guys...

Good Night,
Lugo.

q_q....

Edit: Please add more features, decapitations was promised...

Germanic Celt said:
BlazingPhoenix said:
Germanic Celt said:
Any other problems with the DLC yet? (I'm still downloading)
Ok so im a admin on the Wessex server. The first one get to 200 players btw. Here are a few things I have discovered in the past hour/two hours.

-No admin chat, literally admins can't do ****.
-Some retarded bug where random individuals get Thor's hammer, a 1 hit kill, crush through shield weapon, Admins can't give it out, random people just get it, and on ANY gamemode.
-Females literally look like males.
-No banner for Wessex makes me cry.
-unbelievable lag especially 100+
-Bow is under powered Takes 5 arrows to kill a man in basic armor.
-Naval just doesn't work. Literally the boats don't move, people spawn outside of the boats.
-Shader bugs
-No Dane axe, 2H axes etc
-nearly all the factions have the exact same stuff.
-Combat is just shameful, even on slow speed, you run faster then anything I have ever seen in MnB before by a long shot and it turns into a swing mosh pit fit, where blocking with a shield etc just isn't responsive.
-Siege is ridiculous, attackers spawn just outside the walls, sometimes even inside. the noise of someone hitting the main gate can be heard across the map at a insanely high pitch.
-The Soundpack, oh boy. "Moar Metals" is so goddamn awful it's embarrassing the moment I heard it on the first trailer made me doubt this DLC, you can't hear anything over the noise, realistic or not they just screech into your ears.
-Finally the fact that crouching nor shield bashing hasn't been implemented saddens me... especially since crouching and a double weapon feature was on NW but wasn't used on VC..

I have only played for 2 hours but come on this is just.... I will notify of more bugs etc.
Right not trying to be negative, but the multiplayer is just a utter mess, there needs to be a BIG patch. I haven't tried singleplayer yet so I can't say that's a mess though...

So far this DLC sounds really buggy, hope it gets fixed soon.
I think buggy is a understatement, I would call it a failure, not having crouching, 2Hs, terrible armor types no actual classes and admins not being able to do anything and using the worst sound pack of all time, you might as well used the sound pack where the guy changed every sound to just himself making noises.

Game crashes when you hit tab when in the tavern in Frisia (I'm playing the sp story game). Formations don't work in battles... the AI doesn't listen to Hold Position or Follow Me properly.

It's weird how buggy this release is with incomplete items/combat when Brytenwalda was good.

Lightman said:
Wow this sounds aweful....
can some of you upload a gameplay or something like that?
Every released video so far has been about singleplayer coincidentally so they didn't show off the absolute ****e that was multiplayer.

BlazingPhoenix said:
Lightman said:
Wow this sounds aweful....
can some of you upload a gameplay or something like that?
Every released video so far has been about singleplayer, of course it has been, we will just have to wait.
ye thats what I noticed as well ....
hoped that sb can upload something and here is the first video which doesnt look that good: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lh1gwQCrU28

Thanks for all the feedback. Most of the issues reported cannot be recognised from the alpha testing.
We are looking into the causes behind the issues. Many might be related to missing operations in the executable.
In the meantime bug reports are great. Please give details and perhaps screenshots along with system specifications.

Adorno said:
Thanks for all the feedback. Most of the issues reported cannot be recognised from the alpha testing.
We are looking into the causes behind the issues. Many might be related to missing operations in the executable.
In the meantime bug reports are great. Please give details and perhaps screenshots along with system specifications.
The movement speed most be fixed urgently... MP and SP.

Just got the crash after pressing tab in the tavern in frisia :mrgreen: there is always a man in every party who stand at spawn point in battles, trees are moving that's cool but maybe a little too much !!! Despite of that the game looks awesome !!! I think too that mails are a little bit too shiny in houses near fires !

Let's Debug this fantastic DLC : Shieldwall !!! In my opinion run speed is really OK it makes the game more dynamic, you can't probably run that fast with an armor, oh **** i was about to buy some cool things and i crashed in the tavern !!!

Back
Top Bottom