Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

Users who are viewing this thread

Froi said:
Was a pretty junk trailer in my opinion.  Should have released another in-game trailer showing off some other new features.
Yesh game is almost released and i still don't know very much about it.

Froi said:
Was a pretty junk trailer in my opinion.  Should have released another in-game trailer showing off some other new features.

Its not a feature trailer. Its a hype trailer.

OMG soo cool vikings! IWANTITNOW kind of thing. It works great for players that are not following the DLC already (and that prob already did a pre-order anyway).

Next week we will get the game... so kind of manual/faq... in another week or two we will have a full wiki and tutorials online from fans. And reviews. Lots of those :grin:

I'm pretty sure they made a lot of effort in depicting an accurate skirmish/raid with accurate 'Viking' equipment.
Props to the production crew!

That guard tower was essentially useless for not spotting those bright colored shields coming to attack the village.

So, considering we've seen the map and knowing beforehand we'll have the regions of Ireland, Scotland, England, Denmark and Norway...

What are you guys playing as? Scandinavians or Anglo-Saxons? Picts? Irish?

Personally I'll aim for my homeland and roll with a Norwegian Viking.
nxmeqc.png

Pic related.

Gylve said:
So, considering we've seen the map and knowing beforehand we'll have the regions of Ireland, Scotland, England, Denmark and Norway...

nxmeqc.png

Pic related.

I'm likely to have a game as a Scandinavian, a game as an Anglo-Saxon and game as a Briton (Alt Clut).

With the release date, i am in Brisbane Australia what time will i be able to play it from steam? Being an Australian i usually get stuff a day later than the actual date based on American time. But if i get it based on turkeys time, they are only 8 hours behind me.

When they tell me its the 11th i am overjoyed then i realize its the 12th, its oppression.

Gylve said:

nxmeqc.png

Pic related.

First and probably main character will be a scandinavian.
As a southern swede I feel torn, I'm bummed that I can't play a swede. I think playing a norwegian viking might be more fun than playing a dane.

Second character I'm not sure about, but I'm sure I'll focus on riding. I know the real vikings brought horses at some point, not sure how that'll work in game. So I'll save the mount part of mount and blade for more land based fighting.

When I'm basically done with endgame I'll probably try derping about as a trader or some ****.

As for me I shall be playing as a Norwegian since my grandfather came from Bergen, Norway so I see it only to be fitting. Plus I love the vikings culture, religion, battle styles. I believe I shall mostly play as a berserker if they add  in wolf and bear skins into the game, if not then ill fight naked XD.

Extradaemon said:
The option to build your own refuge, hire staff for it, and populate it with the wives and children of your troops...

Could we maybe hear more about this? It sounds like an interesting feature.
At any place you can choose to build a refuge, and in several stages expand upon it to garrison more troops/people.
Here you have a safe haven and can hire different staff, like a captain, physician, trainer, cook etc.

Back
Top Bottom