Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

Users who are viewing this thread

Upcoming DLC confirmed and of happenings. More reasons to grab a sword and ride into battle again. Both modes sounds promising.
Brytenwalda was great playing as a mod. Best of luck on this DLC, Adorno & Team.

Gotta say i wasnt so hyped when i knew it was viking conquest, but after the confirmation that it is made by the brytenwalda team, and after looking at that feature list..... The tactical camera....i can see the immersiveness, the roleplaying charactetistic.........

TAKE MA MONEEEEY
and
GIMME MA DLC NAAAAOW  :grin:

Preferably in the opposite order  :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Although I am no fan of the viking theme (bought Warband for NW DLC) this indeed sounds promising. Especially that there will be sort of a real campaign and also the multiplayer naval battles.

I just hope its more accessible, than Brytenwalda. Don't get me wrong is a great mod and all, its just unbearably and soul crushingly hard.

Ramsay Bolton said:
I just hope its more accessible than Brytenwalda. Don't get me wrong is a great mod and all, its just unbearably and soul crushingly hard.

Hard!? Bah! Travelling, playing songs, capturing bandits, keeping them as slaves, duelling warlords, crushing skulls at the tournaments and bowing before the different kings isn't hard at all!

Just kidding - got stomped and ****ed everytime I tried to gather a party. :wink:

Extremely unimpressive wip graphics, but the features list is interesting and Brytenwalda was great. Look forward to playing this and well done to the team for getting the contract, I'm sure you'll deliver something worthwhile.

With regards to the graphics:

Adorno said:
jacobhinds said:
You'd think that they'd release screenshots showing the best parts of the game, though.
Actually no. Taleworlds were presented some time ago to a slightly dated version of our DLC and are the ones who took the screenshots.
It is definitely Work In Progress and what you see is a fraction of the DLC. We are working hard and every week new changes are made to the 'look & feel' of the DLC.
We plan on bringing you more info in a pace faster than that of Bannerlord  :lol:

Adorno
Viking Conquest developer  :smile:

I was wondering if this is some kinda solo test run of Taleworlds trying to release something w/o Paradox, so if they have to work out a few chinks they can do so now instead of when bannerlord is out.

Ramsay Bolton said:
I just hope its more accessible, than Brytenwalda. Don't get me wrong is a great mod and all, its just unbearably and soul crushingly hard.
I found the start to be longer than vanilla but not too hard. At the start, you get money from bandit hunting, then you get money from trading (the Wales-West England trade route being particularly profitable), and then when you're rolling with 150 mid-tier faction troops and high-tier mercs sign up as a mercenary and make loads of cash from selling prisoners. It's those Frank and Dena raiding parties that are a match for any heavy infantry force that you gotta watch out for.

Anyway, I'm really hyped about this DLC. I'm playing Brytenwalda right now and always wondered why they didn't make a scenario for the Great Heathen Army's invasion, and I guess this is why.

Back
Top Bottom