Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi! I am one of the fortunate guys that never had a crash or a major issue till now. I hadn't much time to play so I'm in the beginning of an early sandbox campaign... Never the less I have a couple of things to say:
  1) I would have bought the game anyway as I am a great fun of the series and of the good old Brytenwalda two. Due to my daily occupations I'm an SP player. I never have the time or will to enter MP. I'm a fan of mounted combat and I wasn't expecting to be very pleased by a game focussing in that era of sea and foot combat but I was positively surprised. Your mounted combat balancing is one of the best I met in various mods. Combat in general is very interesting giving good  emotion and realistic also. One last thing to make me happy should be more variety of horses But maybe this is not much accurate historically. Maybe horses or ponies with just different characteristics would do, maybe distinguished by local variants.
  2) I find it difficult to understand if there is a "suggestion and critic" thread or a "bug report" one. also a "change log" thread  would be nice. Every time I enter the forum I get lost in a see of posts of people mostly complaining about something.
  3)You must be having a really bad time with all the negative input. I'm not a computer expert (quite the contrary) so I really don't understand how it is possible to have that different performance of the same game. I even manage to run VC smoothly in my laptop (so far) which is a bit fixed (since my wife killed it once) but rather old. Keep the spirit up and you 'll manage to go thru. Make us proud !!!   

YourStepDad said:
Please, refer to how you asked for said refund. :smile:

Besides the point though, you aren't getting one. :lol:

I asked where I could turn to get a refund for this unfinished mess. You then said "check your arse" and you're still maintaining that you're not acting like a child? Grow up.

Aklis said:
YourStepDad said:

I asked where I could turn to get a refund for this unfinished mess. You then said "check your arse" and you're still maintaining that you're not acting like a child? Grow up.

If people on the forum are being ****s over your complaint, you should post your complaint on Steam in the form of a review of this DLC if you haven't already. It gives the forum fanboy trolls no chance to try and derail you or shout you down. I wasnt going to do a steam review but the behaviour of some fanboys/forum-trolls here changed my mind. Glad i did, your average buyer isnt going to check these forums first but they will notice the hugely negative feedback on steam.

If noone answered your initial question already, if you bought it off steam only steam can refund you. That is incredibly unlikely to happen but it might be worth a shot, i dont know if them getting large volumes of the same complaint for the same product might sway them.

Aklis said:
Not to dogpile an argument, and no disrespect, but you sir are the one who got offended off a comment that had a  :smile: on it, suggesting it is you who needs maturing, or perhaps forum experience.

Keep it up at this rate, and we will soon end up with a very mediocre version of Rabbleknight, annd we certainly dont want that (no offence, Rabble).

And as Stepdad said:
YourStepDad said:

Highly likely that you wont be getting a refund, methinks. Youre far better off just to wait until they finish patching, and enjoy the game then, IMO.

I seriously doubt the developers knew that there would be this many problems, and I firmly believe that, had they known, they would have fixed the problems and bugs prior to their release.

I seriously belief that Viking Conquest should BUFF UP the bow damage in the very next patch.
It is ridiculous that my character has 4 points in Power Draw and do 5-10 damage to unarmored enemy with every arrow hit. On the contrary, the same enemy who THROWS stones at me causes around 25-35 damage with every hit to the BODY. This is as unrealistic as it could be - RPG or not, some basic realism should be maintained, because bow+arrows are a lot more deadly than throwing stones at someone.

Big issue with party camping should be addressed ASAP - if the player clicks 'wait here for some time' the game takes 1000 coin from him and makes a refugee instead of a simple camping site. This happens both in sandbox and in story mode.
If the player already has a refugee, the game simply overwrites its position on the map and places it where the player currently stands instead of forcing him to demolish his old refugee first or just make a simple camp site as it was originally intended. Also, one more time the game takes 1000 coin from the player, even if he doesn't have them in his possession!
A sad irritating bug, it conflicts very much with the gameplay, especially if you have realistic rest enabled!

wildyracing said:
I seriously belief that Viking Conquest should BUFF UP the bow damage in the very next patch.
It is ridiculous that my character has 4 points in Power Draw and do 5-10 damage to unarmored enemy with every arrow hit. On the contrary, the same enemy who THROWS stones at me causes around 25-35 damage with every hit to the BODY. This is as unrealistic as it could be - RPG or not, some basic realism should be maintained, because bow+arrows are a lot more deadly than throwing stones at someone.

are you using heavy armour with armour penalty ON? It cuts your PD and damage. In any case this game and Brytenwalda dont have strong BOWS. Its WAD.

and you can do that yourself using a tweak tool. Remember that this game is easy to mod and tweak on the SP side. If you need help with that you can always start a thread about it.

wildyracing said:
Big issue with party camping should be addressed ASAP - if the player clicks 'wait here for some time' the game takes 1000 coin from him and makes a refugee instead of a simple camping site. This happens both in sandbox and in story mode.
If the player already has a refugee, the game simply overwrites its position on the map and places it where the player currently stands instead of forcing him to demolish his old refugee first or just make a simple camp site as it was originally intended. Also, one more time the game takes 1000 coin from the player, even if he doesn't have them in his possession!
A sad irritating bug, it conflicts very much with the gameplay, especially if you have realistic rest enabled!

Did you click on the button to rest (wait here) and then the make it so ? I know its a bit confusing, but on my 2 games I didnt get the 1000 bug yet.

Jason L. said:
  2) I find it difficult to understand if there is a "suggestion and critic" thread or a "bug report" one. also a "change log" thread  would be nice. Every time I enter the forum I get lost in a see of posts of people mostly complaining about something.   

No changelog for hotfix 1.0 yet. I am among the first that asked for one when it was in beta  :cry:

Bugs you can post on the support subforum (child board)?
Viking Conquest Support
Tech support, bug reporting and other related topics for the Viking Conquest DLC

We are still waiting for a manual/faq with details on mechanics and stuff. Or a wiki. And a mod subforum.

mauhur said:
Are you guys still arguing about stuff that isn't that big and easily to fix?

I mean i am really getting pissed of to actualy close the game and open it up again to let my FPS go high up..

Mostly it takes extremely long to just load to textures...

All i wish is that this getting fixed so we can have awesome big events without FPS going to 1 after a hour or 2..
(and the reason why i am really pissed of is because i actualy love this DLC, i keep playing this again and again, it annoys me that i have to close it and open it up to just fix the FPS..)

I agree, I am not getting any more crashes but the fps drops after maybe 1 or two hours. I cant tell because I have no concept of time while I am playing this game :lol:

kalarhan said:
Jason L. said:

No changelog for hotfix 1.0 yet. I am among the first that asked for one when it was in beta  :cry:

Bugs you can post on the support subforum (child board)?
Viking Conquest Support
Tech support, bug reporting and other related topics for the Viking Conquest DLC

We are still waiting for a manual/faq with details on mechanics and stuff. Or a wiki. And a mod subforum.
No i dont think a subforum would be good, i like how it is now, you can use taleworlds forum to get to viking conquest stuff, if we have an extra forum many players would not find it nor register there because its just extra effort for simply no benefit.

arteofwar said:
mauhur said:
Are you guys still arguing about stuff that isn't that big and easily to fix?

I mean i am really getting pissed of to actualy close the game and open it up again to let my FPS go high up..

Mostly it takes extremely long to just load to textures...

All i wish is that this getting fixed so we can have awesome big events without FPS going to 1 after a hour or 2..
(and the reason why i am really pissed of is because i actualy love this DLC, i keep playing this again and again, it annoys me that i have to close it and open it up to just fix the FPS..)

I agree, I am not getting any more crashes but the fps drops after maybe 1 or two hours. I cant tell because I have no concept of time while I am playing this game :lol:
Yeah if you play just multiplayer it goes not much down but singleplayer is very bad if you have 20 fps after 1 hour. Also the campaign map causes some little lack, I can't speed it up because it laggs ugly around.

Played quite a bit this weekend with the hotfix.  The game is pretty fun.

I'm getting crashes when entering villages, towns, forts and battles.  It happens about once in 15 interactions.  Occasionally, I'll get a crash when I'm walking around in a village.  Its frustrating but once I learned to save every two minutes it was manageable.

Harlef said:
No i dont think a subforum would be good, i like how it is now, you can use taleworlds forum to get to viking conquest stuff, if we have an extra forum many players would not find it nor register there because its just extra effort for simply no benefit.

waattttttttttttttttt???????????????????????????????????????/  :shock:

Subforum to this subforum. Like all the other 4 child borders we already have. Like the one used for support/bugs.

wildyracing said:
nacholoko16 said:
wildyracing said:
nacholoko16 said:
mauhur said:
Ill explain some stuff about my suggestion for polearm/two-handed axes/one-handed axes to be more common and more variety:
1 Good reason for it to be implemented is that not everyone had enough coin to buy or even make a sword.

2 Even though some axes were actualy pretty expensive and not everyone had a handy small war axe for one hands, Axes were still pretty common.
Anyway the axe that would be fun for devs to add is a dark age axe: http://bladesmithsforum.com/uploads/monthly_01_2011/post-26987-129494690272.jpg after all axes should be alot more common, but swords should be more worth than it already is and it should cost more for someone to carry a sword, anyway.

3 It is the earlier version of Danish Bearded Axe, remember that we are not in 10th Century but 8th, stuff are slowly processing, that would be the ancestor of Danish Bearded Axes, most people think vikings used axes the most but actualy Saxons and many other cultures used the axes more than sword aswell, not only for its cost but it was actualy really effective weapon for its price, as many said in the earlier comments sword were really expensive too, it was for people with high status, the higher-end soldiers, kings, earls, jarls, nobles, ETC. For a commoner a sword would be impossible, maybe if that commoner scavenged from the killed enemy.

In anyway though, everything can wait, i would rather have a fixed DLC than having new stuff added to the sadly bad DLC(i like it though, bad in a way that the bugs and glitches ruin it.)
We need more ONE handed axe variety and Expensive swords, thats the main i guess. An about 2 h axe Rollo time, totally true fella! 8/10 little fellas who play this and say WHERE IS THE 2 H axe on forum  is because they watch Vikings(like the serie but things might be discerned) and love ROLLO s2s2s2

And why exactly you have to state your position as a pure fact? There were two-handed axes in Viking's age, even if very rarely used in battle! Two handed axes should be in the game!
Did you study something some time fella? 2 H axe werent from that age, 2 H axe are from 11th...

In every epoch lumberjack axes existed. Lumberjack axes are always 2 handed. So based on this fact, how do you want to convince me that in the heat of battle somebody in Viking age won't use his lumberjack axe to fight if he simply hasn't access to any other weapons at the moment?!
In your logic maybe he will try to use it with one hand? Or maybe he will not use it, because it is not 'politically correct' for him to fight with 2 handed axe and he will fight bare handed instead? Ridiculous... 2 handed axes existed since the invention of the axe and have always been used for battle as long as for lumberjacking as long as for home defense if you insist.
2 handed swords are a whole different thing, but 2 handed axes must be in the game, let the devs name them 'lumberjack' axes if it bothers you, I am OK with this as long as they exist in-game.

Why would a Viking bring a "lumberjack axe" to a swordfight?  Most warriors of the period were not heavily armored and did rely much on their shield for protection.  Only the most exquisitely coordinated warriors would be able to wield a shield and 2-handed axe simultaneously.  Second, woodcutting axes and war axes are designed differently for different purposes.  Third, battles were mainly fought in shield walls.  Not having a shield but using a 2-handed axe would make the shield wall less shieldy. 

If you want a 2-handed axe in the game, mod the game.  It shouldn't be that hard to do.  Hell, why not throw in some Roman gear, since the Romans existed even before this period.  It would be nice to have a few scorpions and ballistae in sieges.  The gladius would work nicely for the tight, close scrum of the siege.

Redleg said:
Why would a Viking bring a "lumberjack axe" to a swordfight?  Most warriors of the period were not heavily armored and did rely much on their shield for protection.  Only the most exquisitely coordinated warriors would be able to wield a shield and 2-handed axe simultaneously.  Second, woodcutting axes and war axes are designed differently for different purposes.  Third, battles were mainly fought in shield walls.  Not having a shield but using a 2-handed axe would make the shield wall less shieldy. 

Cos he likes splitting skulls open? I dunno, why does a Viking do anything?

Back
Top Bottom