Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

Users who are viewing this thread

kalarhan said:
MadocComadrin said:
I suppose it depends on what you're definition of sword is. If it involves intricate restrictions on guard and blade length, tang and constraints on material quality, then yeah, they probably didn't own swords. To me, and many others, if it looks like a sword, works like a sword and smells like a sword, it's a sword. That is to say, if a commoner had constructed a functional, sword-like object from "lesser" materials, then what would it be? A large knife? I would consider the distinction between the two arbitrary.

Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_sword
And sword chapter from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_Age_arms_and_armour

Keep in mind the year the game plays on. Hint: its not 1000, 1100, 1200....
Why are you discussing about what is / isn't a sword?

Lightman said:
kalarhan said:
MadocComadrin said:
I suppose it depends on what you're definition of sword is. If it involves intricate restrictions on guard and blade length, tang and constraints on material quality, then yeah, they probably didn't own swords. To me, and many others, if it looks like a sword, works like a sword and smells like a sword, it's a sword. That is to say, if a commoner had constructed a functional, sword-like object from "lesser" materials, then what would it be? A large knife? I would consider the distinction between the two arbitrary.

Read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_sword
And sword chapter from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viking_Age_arms_and_armour

Keep in mind the year the game plays on. Hint: its not 1000, 1100, 1200....
Why are you discussing about what is / isn't a sword?

Its a long discution lol. I am just pointing out some facts. Some people want stuff to be ingame because they think it was cheap/common in the era ... while the historical evidence shows it was not. Like horned helmets or double blade 2H axes. Reading on the subject may help.

Sorry my bad I exppressed myself quit bad ^^
I noticed the discussion about the historical background and got to stick with that (and the facts from historychannel :lol: ).
But how did that end in the discusssion what's a sword???

Lightman said:
I noticed the discussion about the historical background and got to stick with that (and the facts from historychannel :lol: ).

Because things never end the way you think they will with "facts from the History channel"

I have researched allot of viking age history for probably over ten years just out of personal interest, and I feel this game is very well researched. I too am experiencing the crashes, noticed the horses with missing texture, and overly shiny armor but besides that great job guys, at least in story mode, I don't do mp much(at all).  I do think though that the Frankish mercenaries don't seem too Frankish because of the gear. I have some men at arms books that depict them differently, but I guess they are pretty close and being that the franks don't play a major role its probably not too important. The atmosphere in the villages and towns is great, I love the workers, running children and general dark age feeling.  I was wondering if hunting or joining a lords army will ever be available. Overall I don't think there is a better game then this if you are looking for true viking age immersion.

arteofwar said:
Overall I don't think there is a better game then this if you are looking for true viking age immersion.
I agree with you on all your points. I greatly enjoyed the game's era and SP story up to now, but I would just to ask:
Did Vikings fight at 20 fps in all of their large sea battles?

Oh I feel bad for being on the 'pressure to release' bandwagon now, the game and features look great but it crashes randomly as I leave and enter towns.

Hopefully it's all fixable through patches, I just hope it doesn't ruin the team's reputation or anything because the base of the game is really really cool.

So, after playing for about 4 hours, I seem to be a lucky one. I've had no crashes but I am suffering from lag. I can see that some banners and clothing textures are low-res. There are missing textures for ponies. It lags quite badly when I enter a town/village/fort and see the preview. Besides that it's really fun, but needs fixing.

Lightman said:

I though History channel was about Ice truckers and pawn stars?

Germanic Celt said:
Lightman said:

I though History channel was about Ice truckers and pawn stars?
You try to configure your launcher to 100(MAX) details beofre start the game?

Germanic Celt said:
Anyone know where this Adda lady is? She apparently lives on the wharf.
Middle house, enter there. Put settings on cofigure before game in 100 will let the graphics perfectly and wont give lag.

nacholoko16 said:
Germanic Celt said:
Anyone know where this Adda lady is? She apparently lives on the wharf.
Middle house, enter there. Put settings on cofigure before game in 100 will let the graphics perfectly and wont give lag.

Thanks! Gonna try that now.

Edit: Sorry, when you say "put settings on configure in 100" could you be more specific?

You go steam and run MB, then apears the MOD SELECTION screen right? then you go configure and put on VIDEO SETTINGS the TEXTURE DETAIl to 100.

nacholoko16 said:
You go steam and run MB, then apears the MOD SELECTION screen right? then you go configure and put on VIDEO SETTINGS the TEXTURE DETAIl to 100.

steam 60% negative  :sad:

ohana said:
nacholoko16 said:

Yeah, it's because a lot of those people aren't realising that this isn't the final version and there will be patches to fix it.

Germanic Celt said:
ohana said:
nacholoko16 said:

Yeah, it's because a lot of those people aren't realising that this isn't the final version and there will be patches to fix it.

While i agree with you, you must see that it was released as a final game and they do have the right to be upset with there purchase. I just wish people would wait afew days before writing scathing reviews. 

Germanic Celt said:
ohana said:
nacholoko16 said:

I don't think it is unreasonable to presume that a product on steam would be in its final finished state, if the DLC was unplayable and had as many bugs as it does have they should have pushed back the release date.

Back
Top Bottom