Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

Currently viewing this thread:

Hengwulf

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
0
DefenderoftheCrown said:
Hengwulf said:
BrustwarzenLenny said:
A bit higher than Warband for sure... But I have no experience with the game on older machines.
Anyone else?
I seem to be in a pickle. I have an older machine and am running into some real problems. First try for the campaign story mode I get massive lag during the Tutorial up till the point where the game crashes. My video settings suggest I should get 129% performence.

Second try in sandbox mode (thought might be the tutorial) I get some graphic issues and get a runtime error.

Third try, I ran it in directX 7 to see if it is really that bad. Run the storyline again and same crashes as before.

I shall try to reinstall, maybe something went wrong because of the loads of people downloading?

Shameful pc info:
intel core 2 duo 1.86 ghz
4G RAM
GeForce GT 620 2gig videocard
I'm having major issues as well. 

Intel core i7 920 @ 2.67GHZ
12GB RAM
ATI Radeon 5870 card

Just runs sluggish as all hell.  Tried screwing around with video settings and it just changes the way the game looks.  No actual performance increase observed.  Appears to be a really sloppy release.

And I don't see how the outdated graphics could be a problem for my computer when I can run much better looking, current games with no problem.  (Like Rome 2 Total War)  And both Warband and WFAS worked fine on my computer.
Quickly tested some MP and that seems to run fine.  :sad:
 

Germanic Celt

Knight
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
0
Hengwulf said:
DefenderoftheCrown said:
Hengwulf said:
BrustwarzenLenny said:
A bit higher than Warband for sure... But I have no experience with the game on older machines.
Anyone else?
I seem to be in a pickle. I have an older machine and am running into some real problems. First try for the campaign story mode I get massive lag during the Tutorial up till the point where the game crashes. My video settings suggest I should get 129% performence.

Second try in sandbox mode (thought might be the tutorial) I get some graphic issues and get a runtime error.

Third try, I ran it in directX 7 to see if it is really that bad. Run the storyline again and same crashes as before.

I shall try to reinstall, maybe something went wrong because of the loads of people downloading?

Shameful pc info:
intel core 2 duo 1.86 ghz
4G RAM
GeForce GT 620 2gig videocard
I'm having major issues as well. 

Intel core i7 920 @ 2.67GHZ
12GB RAM
ATI Radeon 5870 card

Just runs sluggish as all hell.  Tried screwing around with video settings and it just changes the way the game looks.  No actual performance increase observed.  Appears to be a really sloppy release.

And I don't see how the outdated graphics could be a problem for my computer when I can run much better looking, current games with no problem.  (Like Rome 2 Total War)  And both Warband and WFAS worked fine on my computer.
Quickly tested some MP and that seems to run fine.  :sad:
Is your computer 32 or 64 bit?
 

Hengwulf

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
0
32 bits. I am trying to reinstall if I get it working I will let you know. It's just strange that it crashed even in the tutorial where graphics aren't that hard it would seem.
 

Germanic Celt

Knight
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
0
Hengwulf said:
32 bits. I am trying to reinstall if I get it working I will let you know. It's just strange that it crashed even in the tutorial where graphics aren't that hard it would seem.
Ah, alright. In case re-installing doesn't work http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html has a solution that fixed crashes on mods like Brytenwalda and 1257 AD for me (I'm also 32 bit).
I also used to have constant crashes in mods for things as simple as unpausing.
 
Best answers
0
Germanic Celt said:
Hengwulf said:
DefenderoftheCrown said:
Hengwulf said:
BrustwarzenLenny said:
A bit higher than Warband for sure... But I have no experience with the game on older machines.
Anyone else?
I seem to be in a pickle. I have an older machine and am running into some real problems. First try for the campaign story mode I get massive lag during the Tutorial up till the point where the game crashes. My video settings suggest I should get 129% performence.

Second try in sandbox mode (thought might be the tutorial) I get some graphic issues and get a runtime error.

Third try, I ran it in directX 7 to see if it is really that bad. Run the storyline again and same crashes as before.

I shall try to reinstall, maybe something went wrong because of the loads of people downloading?

Shameful pc info:
intel core 2 duo 1.86 ghz
4G RAM
GeForce GT 620 2gig videocard
I'm having major issues as well. 

Intel core i7 920 @ 2.67GHZ
12GB RAM
ATI Radeon 5870 card

Just runs sluggish as all hell.  Tried screwing around with video settings and it just changes the way the game looks.  No actual performance increase observed.  Appears to be a really sloppy release.

And I don't see how the outdated graphics could be a problem for my computer when I can run much better looking, current games with no problem.  (Like Rome 2 Total War)  And both Warband and WFAS worked fine on my computer.
Quickly tested some MP and that seems to run fine.  :sad:
Is your computer 32 or 64 bit?
64 bit. 
 
Best answers
0
This **** is hilarious...  :lol:
I was doing a shore raid in multiplayer and the viking team couldn't control the boat correctly.
They ran in circle with their longboat for at least 20 minutes.

Epic fail.

Favorite DLC/mod so far.
I'm loving this.
 

[15th]Harvain

Veteran
Best answers
0
Oh god, I cant stop laughing since this DLC came out. New maps are needed for every mode, an actual admin panel, beacon is need on the Thor's Champion mode, the list just goes on, but I cant stop laughing my effing ass off over this DLC. Thank you taleworlds and the VC team, I love you, $11.99 well spent, for the laughs  :lol:
 

Germanic Celt

Knight
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
0
DefenderoftheCrown said:
Germanic Celt said:
Hengwulf said:
DefenderoftheCrown said:
Hengwulf said:
BrustwarzenLenny said:
A bit higher than Warband for sure... But I have no experience with the game on older machines.
Anyone else?
I seem to be in a pickle. I have an older machine and am running into some real problems. First try for the campaign story mode I get massive lag during the Tutorial up till the point where the game crashes. My video settings suggest I should get 129% performence.

Second try in sandbox mode (thought might be the tutorial) I get some graphic issues and get a runtime error.

Third try, I ran it in directX 7 to see if it is really that bad. Run the storyline again and same crashes as before.

I shall try to reinstall, maybe something went wrong because of the loads of people downloading?

Shameful pc info:
intel core 2 duo 1.86 ghz
4G RAM
GeForce GT 620 2gig videocard
I'm having major issues as well. 

Intel core i7 920 @ 2.67GHZ
12GB RAM
ATI Radeon 5870 card

Just runs sluggish as all hell.  Tried screwing around with video settings and it just changes the way the game looks.  No actual performance increase observed.  Appears to be a really sloppy release.

And I don't see how the outdated graphics could be a problem for my computer when I can run much better looking, current games with no problem.  (Like Rome 2 Total War)  And both Warband and WFAS worked fine on my computer.
Quickly tested some MP and that seems to run fine.  :sad:
Is your computer 32 or 64 bit?
64 bit.
Long quote chain, anyway, not sure what your problem is then, unfortunately.
 

Harkyn

Knight at Arms
Best answers
0
Germanic Celt said:
Any other problems with the DLC yet? (I'm still downloading)
Ok so im a admin on the Wessex server. The first one get to 200 players btw. Here are a few things I have discovered in the past hour/two hours.

-No admin chat, literally admins can't do ****.
-Some retarded bug where random individuals get Thor's hammer, a 1 hit kill, crush through shield weapon, Admins can't give it out, random people just get it, and on ANY gamemode.
-Females literally look like males.
-No banner for Wessex makes me cry.
-No Classes.
-unbelievable lag especially 100+
-Bow is under powered Takes 5 arrows to kill a man in basic armor.
-Naval just doesn't work. Literally the boats don't move, people spawn outside of the boats.
-Shader bugs
-No Dane axe, 2H axes etc
-nearly all the factions have the exact same stuff.
-Combat is just shameful, even on slow speed, you run faster then anything I have ever seen in MnB before by a long shot and it turns into a swing mosh pit fit, where blocking with a shield etc just isn't responsive.
-Siege is ridiculous, attackers spawn just outside the walls, sometimes even inside. the noise of someone hitting the main gate can be heard across the map at a insanely high pitch.
-The Soundpack, oh boy. "Moar Metals" is so goddamn awful it's embarrassing the moment I heard it on the first trailer made me doubt this DLC, you can't hear anything over the noise, realistic or not they just screech into your ears.
-Finally the fact that crouching nor shield bashing hasn't been implemented saddens me... especially since crouching and a double weapon feature was on NW but wasn't used on VC..

I have only played for 2 hours but come on this is just.... I will notify of more bugs etc.
Right not trying to be negative, but the multiplayer is just a utter mess, there needs to be a BIG patch. I haven't tried singleplayer yet so I can't say that's a mess though...
 

hrotha

Grandmaster Knight
WBNWWF&SVC
Best answers
0
Germanic Celt said:
Hengwulf said:
32 bits. I am trying to reinstall if I get it working I will let you know. It's just strange that it crashed even in the tutorial where graphics aren't that hard it would seem.
Ah, alright. In case re-installing doesn't work http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html has a solution that fixed crashes on mods like Brytenwalda and 1257 AD for me (I'm also 32 bit).
I also used to have constant crashes in mods for things as simple as unpausing.
I appreciate the help. I also have a 32 bits system and I'm also running into tons of problems, so thanks.

That said, I don't want to mess with my files, even though I know it's perfectly safe unless I'm an idiot, just so that this DLC, whose stated system requirements my computer meets with ease, won't crash. That's one for the devs. Optimize this thing, like, nao.
 

Germanic Celt

Knight
WBNWVCWF&S
Best answers
0
BlazingPhoenix said:
Germanic Celt said:
Any other problems with the DLC yet? (I'm still downloading)
Ok so im a admin on the Wessex server. The first one get to 200 players btw. Here are a few things I have discovered in the past hour/two hours.

-No admin chat, literally admins can't do ****.
-Some retarded bug where random individuals get Thor's hammer, a 1 hit kill, crush through shield weapon, Admins can't give it out, random people just get it, and on ANY gamemode.
-Females literally look like males.
-No banner for Wessex makes me cry.
-unbelievable lag especially 100+
-Bow is under powered Takes 5 arrows to kill a man in basic armor.
-Naval just doesn't work. Literally the boats don't move, people spawn outside of the boats.
-Shader bugs
-No Dane axe, 2H axes etc
-nearly all the factions have the exact same stuff.
-Combat is just shameful, even on slow speed, you run faster then anything I have ever seen in MnB before by a long shot and it turns into a swing mosh pit fit, where blocking with a shield etc just isn't responsive.
-Siege is ridiculous, attackers spawn just outside the walls, sometimes even inside. the noise of someone hitting the main gate can be heard across the map at a insanely high pitch.
-The Soundpack, oh boy. "Moar Metals" is so goddamn awful it's embarrassing the moment I heard it on the first trailer made me doubt this DLC, you can't hear anything over the noise, realistic or not they just screech into your ears.
-Finally the fact that crouching nor shield bashing hasn't been implemented saddens me... especially since crouching and a double weapon feature was on NW but wasn't used on VC..

I have only played for 2 hours but come on this is just.... I will notify of more bugs etc.
Right not trying to be negative, but the multiplayer is just a utter mess, there needs to be a BIG patch. I haven't tried singleplayer yet so I can't say that's a mess though...
So far this DLC sounds really buggy, hope it gets fixed soon.
 

Tsewe

Squire
M&BWB
Best answers
0
MP games / modes are always super buggy on release date.
That's one of the many reasons MP does not really appeal to me.

If there are gamebreaking bugs in the Story mod, now that would be important to know...
 

Salva

Sergeant Knight
Best answers
0
I like very much the feel and atmosphere of the dlc.

Multiplayer seems buggy right now, but I guess its just a matter of a few patches.
 

Lightman

Sergeant at Arms
WF&SWBNWVC
Best answers
0
BlazingPhoenix said:
Ok so im a admin on the Wessex server. The first one get to 200 players btw. Here are a few things I have discovered in the past hour/two hours.

-No admin chat, literally admins can't do ****.
-Some retarded bug where random individuals get Thor's hammer, a 1 hit kill, crush through shield weapon, Admins can't give it out, random people just get it, and on ANY gamemode.
-Females literally look like males.
-No banner for Wessex makes me cry.
-unbelievable lag especially 100+
-Bow is under powered Takes 5 arrows to kill a man in basic armor.
-Naval just doesn't work. Literally the boats don't move, people spawn outside of the boats.
-Shader bugs
-No Dane axe, 2H axes etc
-nearly all the factions have the exact same stuff.
-Combat is just shameful, even on slow speed, you run faster then anything I have ever seen in MnB before by a long shot and it turns into a swing mosh pit fit, where blocking with a shield etc just isn't responsive.
-Siege is ridiculous, attackers spawn just outside the walls, sometimes even inside. the noise of someone hitting the main gate can be heard across the map at a insanely high pitch.
-The Soundpack, oh boy. "Moar Metals" is so goddamn awful it's embarrassing the moment I heard it on the first trailer made me doubt this DLC, you can't hear anything over the noise, realistic or not they just screech into your ears.
-Finally the fact that crouching nor shield bashing hasn't been implemented saddens me... especially since crouching and a double weapon feature was on NW but wasn't used on VC..

I have only played for 2 hours but come on this is just.... I will notify of more bugs etc.
Right not trying to be negative, but the multiplayer is just a utter mess, there needs to be a BIG patch. I haven't tried singleplayer yet so I can't say that's a mess though...
That sounds like the mod needs a competitive admin panel in my opinion :grin: