Mount & Blade: Warband - Viking Conquest DLC (Release Date: 11th December)

Users who are viewing this thread

awww yeah

1FOdTyP.jpg

time to disappear for about 2 weeks or so.

No! I left steam opened and went to work, hoping it would download during the day. But now you say I gotta restart steam, but I can't!

Wow, such 1st world problem!!!

steam, plz

F.F.C._fritz said:
Wasn't it kinda standalone? It looks like a mod in dat picture
its DLC, like Napoleonic Wars, brytenwalda needed to be kinda standalone because of all the work-arounds but viking conquest has the actual base code to work on, so less work-arounds so hopefully a cleaner, thinner and faster looking game. Hope that made sense because I've been drinking ale to get into the spirit.

Carpra said:
Berzerkra said:
Seems smaller than Brytenwalda. Dunno if that's a good sign.
Man, they had all the support and tools that upstream developers have, so I think he managed to have greater efficiency relative to the size and quality of the game itself. So in spite of new mechanisms, a size smaller than Brytenwalda.

Would makes sense and I hope you're right. But still, I was quite shocked when I compared the size to Brytenwalda's 1,98 GB.

Carlos Danger said:
F.F.C._fritz said:
Wasn't it kinda standalone? It looks like a mod in dat picture
its DLC, like Napoleonic Wars, brytenwalda needed to be kinda standalone because of all the work-arounds but viking conquest has the actual base code to work on, so less work-arounds so hopefully a cleaner, thinner and faster looking game. Hope that made sense because I've been drinking ale to get into the spirit.

I believe the question was more in the sense: why isnt it a separate game on my library like "MB Fire and Sword"?

Answer: it is not, it works like a alternative module. Like a mod too. And like the other DLC NW. Worry not. Its just a minor thing that wont impact your game in any way, shape or form.

The_dragon said:
kalarhan said:
The_dragon said:
I will start with multiplayer because I wanna test the bugs that I found. (and it seems that no one is getting seriously what I said in the tech support topic, which is kinda bad to ignore such things...)

Every software has bugs. Games add balance issues to this mix. But not all bugs are equal (critical, simple, important, ....).

Check the issues you seeing. Report them properly. Add details. Try to separate things you dont like/agree from actual bugs.

As any game they will release a patch (or a few of them) in the next weeks. And as a MB DLC there will be community fixes. Be patient. Help or avoid the parts with issues.

If you discover that a multiplayer mode is bugged... you can go and play the others until its fixed.

Just dont try to read the minds of devs and tell things like: noone cares. That never helps. And its very disrespectful.

Ok so let me tell you the following story:
The bugs that I discovered are SECURITY bugs, which means that normally the game will run very very fine in multiplayer, but if one person knows what he is doing, he can crash a server withing less than 1 second (due to these bugs that I found) (that is the worst case scenario); other things that that person can do includes extreme annoying of admins + players on a server, getting playing advantages and so on.

I've sended two pms and got no response back + the topic (which I am 100% sure that someone that works for viking saw it), so I can say that no one cares about these bugs.

The only thing you can be sure it is that noone answered you. Anything else is speculation.

Like I said: report, add details, smell some flowers, go have fun.  :cool:

kalarhan said:
Jorgunson12 said:
It says it's installed on Steam, but when I launch warband, that's all I get. Just warband, not Conquest. What the nerd?

Launch game -> combobox for module -> choose VC instead of Native

I'm not finding anywhere that says "launch game", but that might be because I'm on a mac

Back
Top Bottom