Mount & Blade Warband Strategy Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

ArnulfFloyd

Knight at Arms
I have few questions regarding this awesome game:
1: How to make money and manage them without cheats for avoid decreasing caused by upkeep
2: I can winning battles with me and my men suffers minimal wounds in a honest way
3: How to do defeat opponents in tournament without using cheats which heals myself
4: Tell me about how to do a good playthrough in Nova Aetas, my favourite mod, because I'm confused by many LPs and mod is very similar to native
5:I've read many things about companions but tell me which is best combination for avoid conflicts and have best companions in my party
6: Tips regarding courtship because this thing seem so hard to me than I've believe - I playing 1257 AD and I've see few chicks because I'm enlisted in army of a lord which have a daughter to marry but my relation with that lord is low and I how to gaining relation to be higher

1. Make sure you have the most profittable enterprise in every town. Have one companion with maxed trade and another with maxed looting for best income from battles, and when you become independent ruler, keep only towns as personal fiefs, give out castles and villages to your lords.

2. Max out surgery and tactics on your character, or at least have each maxed on a companion. Tactics help you actually have numerical superiority in battle, and surgery reduces fatalities.

3. You can command your team same way you command your troops. Use it.

5. For Native, use wiki. In mods, the combinations might be on forums, their wiki, or you just have to find out the hard way.

6. Do quests for him, never miss an opportunity to break out his faction's lord out of prison.

Thnks you for all hints

I've winning a battle with oddities because I've fielding only 63 men against 120 men lead by vice-sultan of Egypt using tactics learned from ArcadeKnight

I can found nervous/suspicious man in all mods except 1257 in which I am send by Leon III for kill a suspicious man located in a village near Damascus, but I've travelling streets and I can't found immobile stupid or maybe is a problem with Middle-East villages which hides well bandits?

ArnulfFloyd said:
I have few questions regarding this awesome game:
1: How to make money and manage them without cheats for avoid decreasing caused by upkeep
2: I can winning battles with me and my men suffers minimal wounds in a honest way
3: How to do defeat opponents in tournament without using cheats which heals myself
4: Tell me about how to do a good playthrough in Nova Aetas, my favourite mod, because I'm confused by many LPs and mod is very similar to native
5:I've read many things about companions but tell me which is best combination for avoid conflicts and have best companions in my party
6: Tips regarding courtship because this thing seem so hard to me than I've believe - I playing 1257 AD and I've see few chicks because I'm enlisted in army of a lord which have a daughter to marry but my relation with that lord is low and I how to gaining relation to be higher

1. Try to do quest from Guild master in every town
2. Increase your character surgery skill and First Aid
3. Increase Power strike, power draw, weapon mastery, shield and weapons proficiency
5. Depends on your preferance

I'm interested regarding relation with a lord for have his permission to marry his daughter in case of older or sister for younger ones, which is reasonable number of points for achieve this thing

A relationship value of 5 is good enough to get a lord to let you see his daughter or sister. It doesn't guarantee success, since other things factor into it. For example, a lord may decline your request, but upon gaining more estates i.e. castles, towns, cities, and probably gold, they will invariably say yes.

I am pretty sure a relationship value less than 5 is an automatic no.

How to conquer castles because defenders has a lot of unlimited arrows and power to repel attackers not matter number, for exemple 150 can resist to 200

I'm undecided if using native or native-themed mods for a playthrough because Floris, Diplomacy4.litdum or Nova Aetas, my favourite, look so much better than native

Short description of tactics I use to conquer castles:

Choose a castle with a low number of defenders

Designate 2 followers with high surgery skills to minimize casualties
    Order them to a safe position i.e. behind a hill or wall etc.
Order infantry up the ladders/ramp 1st
Order cavalry to form up and hold ground near ladder or ramp
Order archers to hold ground behind cavalry shields and provide support for advancing infantry

After I have done the above, I use a crossbow or bow to snipe their archers/ranged units
Rinse and repeat if the first assault fails

Sometimes I order everyone to hold their ground and I snipe ranged units, before sending anyone up.

Or sometime I will besiege a castle not to take it, but to weaken its defensive units. I will simply have everyone hold their ground and then snipe away at their ranged units or units that have no shields. When the castle is sufficiently weakened then I will make a determined assault.

Of course, if your the marshal of the kingdom you can be a lot more discretionary about troop losses... The aforementioned are tactics I use when assaulting with my own party and no outside help, but they work just as well with a large army.

Send units up in waves, 1st wave infantry, 2nd wave cavalry (I send infantry up first because I value cavalry more so than infantry), archers last (only if they can successfully overwhelm the defenders, if not your just throwing them away and may as well retreat).

Sreaction said:
Short description of tactics I use to conquer castles:

Choose a castle with a low number of defenders

Designate 2 followers with high surgery skills to minimize casualties
    Order them to a safe position i.e. behind a hill or wall etc.
Order infantry up the ladders/ramp 1st
Order cavalry to form up and hold ground near ladder or ramp
Order archers to hold ground behind cavalry shields and provide support for advancing infantry

After I have done the above, I use a crossbow or bow to snipe their archers/ranged units
Rinse and repeat if the first assault fails

Sometimes I order everyone to hold their ground and I snipe ranged units, before sending anyone up.

Or sometime I will besiege a castle not to take it, but to weaken its defensive units. I will simply have everyone hold their ground and then snipe away at their ranged units or units that have no shields. When the castle is sufficiently weakened then I will make a determined assault.

Of course, if your the marshal of the kingdom you can be a lot more discretionary about troop losses... The aforementioned are tactics I use when assaulting with my own party and no outside help, but they work just as well with a large army.

Send units up in waves, 1st wave infantry, 2nd wave cavalry (I send infantry up first because I value cavalry more so than infantry), archers last (only if they can successfully overwhelm the defenders, if not your just throwing them away and may as well retreat).

Thanks so much for answer but I must look at number of archers which enemy deploying.

Another question: How can I get another fief because I wish a castle or town beyond my village

A cheesy way of weakening a castle/town:

Order all your troops to follow you
hide the whole body of troops in a draw/behind a hill to avoid enemy archers
*some towns or castles offer no good place to provide cover for your troops so be careful*

Take a shield and crossbow and snipe away at defenders.

Retreat when you run out of bolts

I wouldn't call it a cheat, but its taking advantage of the AI. If the defenders had any sense they'd just rush the lone fool with a crossbow outside their castle.
Its a cheese strategy  :grin:

However, if you try this with a small force against a Town they will rush you (the whole force will leave the town/castle and fight you in the fields)  if they significantly outnumber you!

Oh yah and what the guy above me said: taking a town with your own force makes it extremely likely that you will be awarded the fief.

My character not using crossbow or bow due to fact as I don't make my characters with skills at these arms instead focusing on one and two-handed weapons, every has his playstyle. I can take castle without crossbow manned by me but archers make job instead

I've begin playing today with Swadia in Diplomacy4.litdum but I've found as Rhodok crossbowmen in this nice mod are a bit overpowered and fire from distance as longbowmen. My misadventures with enlistment in a lord's army are funny but I not wish joining a lord because is cheesy

I'm not quite sure what you're trying to ask in the op, but I think whichever faction the player joins is the best one, as having the player truly gives an "unfair" advantage to that faction. (Unfair only because the player can think and act for himself not just based on a string of commands). Swadian knights are indeed incredibly powerful, but mostly because the enemy ai just rushes half the time, and doesn't know how to use polearms, the historical counter to a heavy cav charge.

I am happy when defeat AI because I wish to be only victor, some mods fixes ability to using polearms, but this not is a problem in my visions, I enjoy roleplaying and focusing on story. Comparisions between game and reality are unjust.

Back
Top Bottom