Mount&Blade Warband | OS X and Linux Support

Users who are viewing this thread

Tortilla Boy said:
Once you join the server and wait for a few minutes the entire game crashes all the way out.

Another interesting bug, battles in SP at night have a strange large red player model in the sky. Im not sure why that appears, is any one else experiencing this?

Yup and yup.

Anyone else unable to start the game from Linux on Steam anymore? The Linux beta is gone for me and the game says the executable is missing. (maybe they are updating something? :smile: )

Zworf said:
Anyone else unable to start the game from Linux on Steam anymore? The Linux beta is gone for me and the game says the executable is missing. (maybe they are updating something? :smile: )

Yeah, missing executable. I have it too (on linux).

Hi everyone! I suppose all Linux users noticed there is lag in MP!
I find workaround that let you play MP without any lag and posted it on Steam forums:
Code:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/48700/discussions/0/45350790870384793/

I also make easy-to-use script that do everything for you. Enjoy!  :wink:

PS: Unfortunately can't post links, so you'll need to copy it on your own.

Using the normal version after the update is causing loads of ingame issues with the server chat feed and menus :sad:

D56912C1626E2E51229069D233C8041EE4ADD85B

Announcement: We are looking for all players (including Windows users) to try out this beta using the instructions below and test the stability of the beta prior to an imminent release.

Try it out with your mods etc. as normal and please post back here with any issues you encounter.

To try out the beta on your computer with Steam just complete the following steps:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Right click "Mount&Blade Warband" in your Steam Library and select "Properties".
[*]In the window that pops up, navigate to the " BETAS" tab, enter the password "betapassword" and select "Mac/Linux beta" in the dropdown menu.
[*]Install the game and play!
[/list]

It would be great to get any feedback you can provide ASAP since we need to push the patch out tomorrow. Thank you very much.

Tried linux client again, single player is great and work without issues.

Multiplayer ... well, there is lag. There is VERY low fps.

I somehow can't access config - don't know if it's my fault or yours.]

On a plus side i can join servers and download maps on them, it's something.

When there will be fps counting on linux ?

Code:
lech@XXXXXXXXXXXX:~$ inxi -F
System:    Host: XXXXXXXXXXX Kernel: 3.13.0-30-generic x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: Gnome Distro: Ubuntu 14.04 trusty
Machine:   Mobo: Gigabyte model: 965P-S3 Bios: Award version: F14 date: 06/25/2009
CPU:       Dual core Intel Core2 CPU 4400 (-MCP-) cache: 2048 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 ssse3) 
           Clock Speeds: 1: 2010.026 MHz 2: 2010.026 MHz
Graphics:  Card: NVIDIA G96 [GeForce 9500 GT] 
           X.Org: 1.15.1 drivers: nvidia (unloaded: fbdev,vesa,nouveau) Resolution: [email protected] 
           GLX Renderer: GeForce 9500 GT/PCIe/SSE2 GLX Version: 3.3.0 NVIDIA 331.38
Audio:     Card: Intel 82801H (ICH8 Family) HD Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel Sound: ALSA ver: k3.13.0-30-generic
Network:   Card-1: Marvell 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver: sky2 
           IF: eth0 state: down mac: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
           Card-2: Qualcomm Atheros AR2413/AR2414 Wireless Network Adapter [AR5005G(S) 802.11bg] driver: ath5k 
           IF: wlan1 state: up mac: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 249.9GB (10.4% used) 1: id: /dev/sda model: ST3250820AS size: 249.9GB 
Partition: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 75.0C mobo: N/A gpu: 57C 
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A 
Info:      Processes: 195 Uptime: 38 min Memory: 1231.8/2000.6MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 1.9.17

Some bugs I've been encountering:

1. Cant access mods in the configuration menu, when I try to manually start mods game doesn't start up

2. Can download multiplayer maps after latest patch, but game crashes after maybe 30 seconds of actually playing on the server (I'd like to note that this doesn't occur to me when I'm just watching)

3. In single player when people get knocked off their horses they go sliding across the ground for a very long time, usually until they hit a wall

4. When environmental shadows are turned off the entire map and the players are all completely messed up (i.e. only heads and hands on people, map has parts invisible or glitches)

I'm a huge fan of this series and am constantly checking my steam for the new patch that ends my problems. I'm fully supporting this port to mac/linux and hope for the best in the coming days, cheers.

Halicarnassus said:
Some bugs I've been encountering:

1. Cant access mods in the configuration menu, when I try to manually start mods game doesn't start up

2. Can download multiplayer maps after latest patch, but game crashes after maybe 30 seconds of actually playing on the server (I'd like to note that this doesn't occur to me when I'm just watching)

3. In single player when people get knocked off their horses they go sliding across the ground for a very long time, usually until they hit a wall

4. When environmental shadows are turned off the entire map and the players are all completely messed up (i.e. only heads and hands on people, map has parts invisible or glitches)

I'm a huge fan of this series and am constantly checking my steam for the new patch that ends my problems. I'm fully supporting this port to mac/linux and hope for the best in the coming days, cheers.
Hello could you please tell us which OS you're playing the game on?

AoC said:
Updated my last post with system info, any news on patch ?
The patch is just to re-add the changes from yesterday updating support for the Workshop, now with fixes for broken compatibility in certain mods.

Mac and Linux fixes are on the way. For the multiplayer lag in Linux, some whiz-kid seems to have found a workaround: http://steamcommunity.com/app/48700/discussions/0/45350790870384793/

It's not official so we don't necessarily recommend it and there might be issues. We'll continue to patch it with our own fixes.

Thanks for updates, all linux bugs that I reported is now solved.
I have only a problem that I not found full english lunguage files for updated italian translation to latest version, I found en folder only for the 3 main lang files but I not found en inside modules/native.
I also unable to create language template with press of ALT+ENTER following one translation topic, probably because cheat mod is still missed in linux.
Someone can give me all english file of latest version please?

Hi,
Im playing this game on windows vista, racked up over 1000 hours now on native and mods (so you can tell i rather enjoy it) :smile:
But since 1.160 my game crashes at EVERY battle I try to enter and most scenes as well... On both mods and native.
Any insights to the problem/any one else getting this?
kind regards,
Jamie

jamieroyle said:
Hi,
Im playing this game on windows vista, racked up over 1000 hours now on native and mods (so you can tell i rather enjoy it) :smile:
But since 1.160 my game crashes at EVERY battle I try to enter and most scenes as well... On both mods and native.
Any insights to the problem/any one else getting this?
kind regards,
Jamie
You shouldn't be experiencing those kinds of errors. Try verifying the game cache in Properties>local files. Any more information about the crashes would be useful as well, do you get a window popup?

@Captain Lust

This is the screen I get after i enter SOME scenes and ALL battles.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/txgwpwfz28y5py6/crash.jpg

I have validated a couple of times and get this message.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4oul0hajioq8j6n/validation.jpg

Validating doesn't seem to resolve the problem, should i re-install M&B:W do you think?

EDIT: So I re-installed warband; same problem.
I've even uninstalled it, did a system restore to yesterday when it worked and tried again and I'm still getting the crashing and every validation ends up as shown in the 2nd dropbox link above.
Suggestions? (sorry to be a pain :smile: )

Back
Top Bottom