Mount&Blade Warband NVIDIA SHIELD FAQ Thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

Golradir said:
Captain Lust said:
hirovard said:
Btw whats mod support like? Or is there non?
There aren't currently any plans to support mods.

That can be arranged.

The resource tree is exactly the same, same formats, same encoding, same files, hell, they haven't even downsized the textures, there's absolutely nothing preventing mods to work, maybe we should put more effort in doing LODs from now on (hint! hint!).

What I ask is to make the new "GLShaders" and "GLShadersOptimized" folders in the root modular, just as with the "Data" folder from M&B 1.011 to Warband. So that mods which use custom shaders like The Last Days can be played in the Android version too (without having to juggle manifests around when changing mods), even if I have to translate the new techniques from HLSL to GLSL and simplify a bit, as you have done.

I don't think that I'm asking that much. And we can even share the same release for both platforms, it's painless.

Can anyone confirm that this will be heading to other Tegra 4 devices? I'm worried about overheating on my Tegra Note 7; while the Shield has active cooling system, most tablets do not. Just a little concerned, but still hoping it's possible. I'm asking because I just won a Shield from a NVIDIA contest. If this game is playable on my tablet+controller, I'll be selling the Shield (as I do not own a gaming PC capable of streaming etc.)

Any chance of a port to the PS Vita? It has gamepad controls and is pretty powerful in the graphics department.  Also, does the Tegra 4 port support mods and will future versions of Tegra also be supported?

Hi there. I really love that game. A lot of hours spend for battles on pc. That's really great it released for android devices. But there a a big question: is there any plans to port it on non tegra devices - adreno, Mali and so on?

Time to switch from iOS to Android, it seems  :grin:

Anyway, if SHIELD comes to Turkey, I might get one  :mrgreen:

Its just not fair.  I buy a new tablet, an HPslate7 extreme.. By the way is a tegra note branded by hp. It's the same in every way, from the tegra 4, to the screen.. Resolution is the same.  So why is warband ( a tegra4 exclusive} not compatible with my tegra4 tablet. My tablet cost 199 just like the shield.. Has better specs than the shield... I am 38 Idid not want a video game player.. That  is what a shield is.. I wanted a tablet, with a tegra 4 to play great games when I wanted.. I bought this to play this game... I am so upset right now, know why ? My friends tegra note plays this game... Check the spec sheet guys, they are the exact same, actually better screen quality on my HP ,than his note.. Some one please tell me when, you will add the HPslate7  extreme to the list.. Thanks in advance

I had one more thing to add . it's stuff like this that leads to piracy.. I had full intentions on paying good legal money. For this game. Now I know that it will run on my device. Should i  have to find a torrent of the obb and a c racked apk. Black mart has one, and side load the darn thing... All because you only make a tegra 4 game that only works on 2 tegra 4 devices..  Ya know HP Alone has 4 tegra 4 devices.  How is that profitable... Just let me buy it legally, and get updates and stuff. I hate side loaded gaming... But your forcing people who buy the latest tech to do that,  I thought I was on the right track with my tegra 4 , but it's not branded by nvidia so it sucks right? Is that what your saying. Cost the %$&#ing same.. Bigger than 5 inches... And is for adults, not kids, so your calling my tablet crap ,is what your saying... You might as well ... Shame on y'all... Poor business model...

mlastrega said:
I had one more thing to add . it's stuff like this that leads to piracy.. I had full intentions on paying good legal money. For this game. Now I know that it will run on my device. Should i  have to find a torrent of the obb and a c racked apk. Black mart has one, and side load the darn thing... All because you only make a tegra 4 game that only works on 2 tegra 4 devices..  Ya know HP Alone has 4 tegra 4 devices.  How is that profitable... Just let me buy it legally, and get updates and stuff. I hate side loaded gaming... But your forcing people who buy the latest tech to do that,  I thought I was on the right track with my tegra 4 , but it's not branded by nvidia so it sucks right? Is that what your saying. Cost the %$&#ing same.. Bigger than 5 inches... And is for adults, not kids, so your calling my tablet crap ,is what your saying... You might as well ... Shame on y'all... Poor business model...

They did all this Android thing because of the Nvidia funding/sponsoring, being a launch title for their platform.

Seems like they did it for the money and it's a very minor thing for them, probably they still are under a exclusivity contract which limits the platform range, or they just don't care.

It's a matter of adding devices in the Google Play control panel, which takes a couple of minutes for a developer. And yes, shoddy business practices, it's pretty silly.

I purchased this on my Shield thinking I'd be able to play on my Tegra Note 7 (made by NVIDIA). But after weeks of waiting, there's no update or word from developers on when this will run on anything other than a shield. If you're not going to support other devices, just say so. Remove that from the product description. Plus the game is still being sold at the 'special' introdfuctory price after weeks. Seems like just a ploy to get us to buy it

Fiv3Score said:
I purchased this on my Shield thinking I'd be able to play on my Tegra Note 7 (made by NVIDIA). But after weeks of waiting, there's no update or word from developers on when this will run on anything other than a shield. If you're not going to support other devices, just say so. Remove that from the product description. Plus the game is still being sold at the 'special' introdfuctory price after weeks. Seems like just a ploy to get us to buy it
I asked this to Daegoth_TW, one of the developers from TaleWorlds (duh look at the name) he said that, the game will be playable soon on more devices. They are still working on the touchscreen mode. They'll have an official statement when the game will have new devices to support.

I know yall already said that there is no mod support but I guess the question is could yall please somehow make it to where mods can eventually be added to this?
maybe yall can sell some of the most popular mods as dlc but native can get very boring

When Tegra K1 support ? When Tegra K1 on chrome OS launch ? When Linux launch ? When mod support ? What version of openGL is required ? Does it support openGL ES, and which version ?

So yeah whenever i try to buy this on my NVIDIA Shield it says "this payment method has been declined" except i don't get this message for any other app purchase, also when trying to buy it on google play through my pc it says "There is an error in the setup for your purchase. Please contact the merchant about this issue"

Back
Top Bottom