Mount&Blade Warband NVIDIA SHIELD FAQ Thread!

Users who are viewing this thread

kean01 said:
Hi there, my device was listed as incompatible - Xiaomi Millet 3, is it only a google store issue or the game wont work at all ?

Only devices with a gamepad is compatible at the moment. We will add Tegra 4 based touchscreen only devices into the compatibility list in the following weeks.

Connecting a gamepad is not a problem, same goes for dead trigger 2, so I will be able to launch it but unable to control as of now ?

Would a bluetooth keyboard/mouse work? I know that defeats the purpose of mobility, but then it can be played on a tablet, which is still much lighter to carry around than a laptop.

Will this game eventually support the nVidia Tegra Note 7 (runs on a tegra 4)? it still reads as incompatible on google play.

Edit: Oh nvm, I see support for other Tegra 4 devices will be added in the following weeks. Would've still liked to buy the game at the discount price though..

Hey, Taleworlds - First off I am very happy that you are doing this with warband. :smile:

Second will this be coming the MadCatz MOJO?

I know that this has Google play store and Tegra zone.

So I never post here, but I thought I'd weigh in because I've been playing the game on my Shield for the past few days. The singleplayer gameplay translates wonderfully, and the multiplayer works a little bit, but isn't really worth it due to the controller disadvantage, so I'm not gonna address that any further. The game crashes a fair bit, but as long as the autosaves are on it's a minor issue because the game loads up so quickly. The biggest advantage to being on mobile is that it suits the gameplay very nicely, so if I find myself with 10 minutes to kill I can just hop right back into my adventure already in progress. The only thing missing is the ability to move a save between PC and Android, which would be really great, but I understand why it isn't a priority.

To address just general discontent with the exclusivity, I doubt this could ever work on current phones, and I have doubts that it's particularly viable on most tablets. There are two reasons for this, one being the battery, the other being the heat. The Shield's battery is just about good for ~10 hours of anything moderately taxing (I played emulators for 8-9 hours on one charge with a little remaining on a recent vacation). Warband is the first thing I've seen slash the battery down so hard, limiting playtime to around 3-4 hours on this monster battery, so I doubt you'd get much time at all on a phone or most tablets. The heat issue though, is the big one. The Shield has active cooling, and even still, the device gets insanely hot, so I would never personally run this on a device without a fan for fear of frying the thing. That's just my 2 cents.

thehackattack said:
So I never post here, but I thought I'd weigh in because I've been playing the game on my Shield for the past few days. The singleplayer gameplay translates wonderfully, and the multiplayer works a little bit, but isn't really worth it due to the controller disadvantage, so I'm not gonna address that any further. The game crashes a fair bit, but as long as the autosaves are on it's a minor issue because the game loads up so quickly. The biggest advantage to being on mobile is that it suits the gameplay very nicely, so if I find myself with 10 minutes to kill I can just hop right back into my adventure already in progress. The only thing missing is the ability to move a save between PC and Android, which would be really great, but I understand why it isn't a priority.

To address just general discontent with the exclusivity, I doubt this could ever work on current phones, and I have doubts that it's particularly viable on most tablets. There are two reasons for this, one being the battery, the other being the heat. The Shield's battery is just about good for ~10 hours of anything moderately taxing (I played emulators for 8-9 hours on one charge with a little remaining on a recent vacation). Warband is the first thing I've seen slash the battery down so hard, limiting playtime to around 3-4 hours on this monster battery, so I doubt you'd get much time at all on a phone or most tablets. The heat issue though, is the big one. The Shield has active cooling, and even still, the device gets insanely hot, so I would never personally run this on a device without a fan for fear of frying the thing. That's just my 2 cents.
Hey thanks for the feedback! If you have any bugs you can report them here too:

http://bugs.taleworlds.com/bugs.aspx

We are actively supporting the release and do want to know if you're having issues but it's also great to know that you've been having a good time with the game!

I'd like to say that native is great and I've had a lot of fun on it. However, I think the ability to play such a wide variety of mods has made M&B: Warband one of my all time favorite games. I have easily over 3k hours on it. I understand it has already been stated that there are no plans to support mods, but I'd honestly pay double the price just to have them. I didn't know Warband was possible on the Nvidia Shield, and as soon as I found out about it, I immediately bought it. Didn't have to read anything else. I probably should have though, I assumed it came with all the features of Warband, including the mods.

Either way, I'm extremely grateful that Taleworlds has noticed the Nvidia Shield and have put work into making this possible. I'd love to hear that implementing mods is something being looked into, but if not, well I can't really complain.

After this, and with Bannerlord around the corner, I'm definitely a happy camper.  :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom