Votes: 676 88.3%
  • No!

Votes: 45 5.9%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 45 5.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

dude24oak said:
There needs to be a fast single player, because L'Aigle is going to be release in... 1-2 years. It's insane quality, but the wait is just too much.

Exactly. 1-2 years is far too long to wait; there might as well not be anything planned at all. I love Warband, and Napoleonic Wars doubly so, but who knows what we will be playing in 1-2 years? Will we even be playing Napoleonic Wars at all? Also, we could possibly wait that long only to find out that 'The Eagle' isn't that good at all. Not likely, but possible. And lets be honest; the longer a mod takes to develop, the less likely it is to be released at all.

As I said earlier, how about a 'Warband' campaign with the Napoleonic factions copied and pasted into the game? There are plenty of troops, uniforms and weapons to use, civilian clothes, etc could remain the same as the 'vanilla' game. So long as the creator has the sense to sacrifice absolute historical accuracy in the name of good gaming, it would be great. I don't know about you guys, but I'd play that for months...

Surely that would take less time to code than 1-2 years? Though I admit speaking from a position of complete ignorance, modding-wise.

JollySam said:
Surely that would take less time to code than 1-2 years? Though I admit speaking from a position of complete ignorance, modding-wise.
And yet you feel yourself qualified to say when L'Aigle will be released.

Why is it everyone seems to know better than I do?

What A bunch of 10 year old morons.

It's extremely likely L'Aigle will be released this year,sorry next year 2013 because Docm has been working bloody hard on it and the results are really showing if you follow his mod instead of being an ignorant buffoon. He's also given a little crafty hint too.

Furthermore if your so desperate for a quick and crap cut and paste then why not just look in the Caravenserai,there is a Napoleonic Wars mod somewhere,it's pretty bad but you clearly would rather waste your time there than wait for something of quality.

Having had played 400+ hours of just NW and being a fanatic Napoleonic recreationalist and Steam-punk (only slightly the wrong era) I would hold a score of orphaned bunnys over a vat full of acid to get a good single-player campaign for NW, I reckon I would hit 2K hours of play of that damn campaign. I would give up all my worldly connections and sit in a dark room on a large metal spike, with a horde of angry mosquitoes, rabid angry mosquitoes, gravitating towards my crotch, while being forced to re-enact one man one jar over and over again. To get a single player campaign for NW. DOOO IT!!!  :shock:

Here is a pretty good one for mount and blade has some bug that can be fixed easily it very fun!! http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,186724.0.html

Chieftain said:
Here is a pretty good one for mount and blade has some bug that can be fixed easily it very fun!! http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,186724.0.html
thats for the first Mount and Blade

It would be nice to see a Singleplayer game from this age on warband.... i wonder what the map would look like? would it be a map of europe or the world?

jros83 said:
for those interested in singleplayer:

how exactly should it be? as in, should it be mostly free-form, like vanilla? Should it all be scripted?

should there be a campaign that you have to follow...?

are you a soldier or a commander?

hard-coded events or randomness?

Why not a mod on Richard Sharpe's career (Bernanrd Cornwell novel series)?

I am not trying to denigrate modders, but some things are beyond the time and ability of private folk to do. That is why most mods are multiplayer, since all they have to do is mod different units and weapons and graphics and maps.

But it's the other things that really make a singleplayer game. There's a great deal behind the scenes that I do not think most of us who are pushing for singleplayer are thinking about.

I voted "Maybe," because it would be nice if a singleplayer came along, but I have my doubts it would be what we would hope for.

People keep going on about waiting for L`Aigle. I`ve been waiting since 2012, I want my SP nauw :'(

I think that a singleplayer version of Napoleonic Wars would be great to have, but I do not think it would be more fun then multiplayer.

Well, there's mods which will give thee much needed singleplayer, take look on L'Aigle and such.

Back
Top Bottom