MP Other Mount & Blade Warband: Life

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello Everyone, I have been very busy with work lately but i finally have some time on my hands and i wanted to let you guys in on a project i have started working on
"Mount & Blade Warband: Life" I'm calling. Its a Multiplayer Module.
You Join a server spawn in with Peasant clothing.

There will be a small village and a city on the map with purchasable property. All Empty ready to be bought. This will be the only transaction you will have with the server (purchasing property) meaning that the money wont be a transaction from one player to the other.
There will only be a limited amount of unique properties to be bought. 100 or so.

What will properties be used for?
You Can buy a house and turn it into the local general store. or if you aren't a merchant you can simply buy a home.
Homes will be used to save your progress (saving the game)

Players with no property will have default housing but with no interior where they can save their game.

Economy
Economy will be player driven. No sell points. If you want clothing You will need to buy it from a player that specializes in make clothes.
If you want a sword you will need a sword smith, the sword smith will need to get his materials from a miner and so on.

Nothing in the game will simply be spawned in.

you will need to have someone Gathering the Raw materials ---> someone crafting something with raw materials ----> and then finally the buyer

Hunger and Thirst
Hunger and thirst will be carefully implemented.
So there will be bakers and farmers.

So if you wanna join the server get some money purchase property in the city and open up your own Bakery you will be able to do so!

Players will need to eat every 6 real life hours. If you don't it will not result in death right away. You can go a week with out eating but over time the negative effects will keep getting worse. At first just some attribute negative effects ----> then when your character gets weak enough, he will be knocked on the ground unable to move for short amount of time until he regains some strength ----> then after a week (real life) he will die. same concept for thirst but less time.

specialization
There will be no limitations you can choose to be a blacksmith, a tailor, a baker, a farmer, a guard anything in demand but you can switch at any time. Although to Craft good quality Products and to bake good bread, or to maximize your crops you will need to specialize in that profession. You do so by actual doing stuff related to it. So you could essentially be a jack of all trades but it would take for ever to master each craft. so i would recommend specializing in something and mastering it.

wars and kings

There will only be one default map with 1 city and 1 village there will be no opposing "country" to go to war agaisnt but that does not mean there is no combat in the mod.

Wealthy Players are able to arm others and create their own "factions" nothing is stopping them from declaring themselves kings or what ever other title they favor.

But remember about specialization. You can arm a player but they wont just become a soldier. They must practice and master fighting to be able to fight proficiently.

so there will not be players everywhere with armor and weapons. One because it would be too expensive for everyone to afford it and two because even if enough people accumulated the wealth needed to buy armor and weapons, remember that everything in the game will be hand crafted and all materials will be hand gathered. So the more the demand goes up for weapons and armor the more the price will increase.

A word from me
as of now this is the concept of my project and the backbone of it. i am open to suggestions as of now i will be working towards implementing everything and removing things i dont need from the module system.

Рипарариен said:
Сan you just finish any of the previos mods before start another? :neutral:
which one do i need to finish?

Persistent Empires finished, module system given to someone else to continue development.

Times are Hard finished, Released but it was  too similar to PF and no scene maker so we decided to wait till Bannerlord to try to revive it.

PCW - module system finished, started testing phase but was discontinued. Until Bannerlord.

What other mod do i need to finish?

Im also developing a Persistent world server but thats about it... I have nothing to finish. I have to some degree finished every mod i started.

Is there not a lot of persistent world mods already? And multiplayer mods are almost always flops if they dont have a huge aduience following them from the start, most only a few play on a server for a week or two then end up dead, even the best of MP mods for warband are starting to become empty if not already I think.

Back
Top Bottom