Mount&Blade: Warband doesn't work!!

Users who are viewing this thread

MaxWizardo

Recruit
When i click play in steam, the .exe runs but the launcher never shows up. It also says i'm playing it on steam, then the exe closes.

I've tried to verify game cache / backup game files / run game as adminisator and still not working. Please someone help me.

Have you tried turning Steam off and on again?
hqdefault.jpg

I've restarted my PC/Steam/Reinstalled the game. nothing worked :sad:( I'm afraid of having it forever. but am good when Bannerlord is released ^.^

If your launcher splashscreen on attempting to run Warband refuses to appear. You may notice on Steam it says you are in-game for one moment and the next, only online. This may be because of too many installed mods in \Modules if you have downloaded say a dozen or two dozen. Try moving old mods out of the \Modules folder and launching Warband again thereafter.

I've no idea about that. I went to M&B folder / Moduels and i found Native/Viking/Napoleonic i moved Viking/Napoleonic Into M&B Folder out of Moduels. And it's not fixed :sad:

MaxWizardo said:
I've no idea about that. I went to M&B folder / Moduels and i found Native/Viking/Napoleonic i moved Viking/Napoleonic Into M&B Folder out of Moduels. And it's not fixed :sad:
I mean only try moving modules around if you have as many as 30 or more. Native, Napoleonic Wars, and Viking Conquest are official modules that should not be moved around. Or tinkered with (without backups at least). You want to move those modules back to Modules folder.

Since we're beyond the basic tech support suggestions. We'll have to get a bit technical. Do you have Windows 10 by chance?

As for the problem itself, after moving the modules back, try verifying integrity of Steam cache at least more than once. Steam may re-acquire some failed to verify files. This tech support board is semi active but you may want to pitch this problem onto the places of Warband's Steam discussions, the Mount and Blade subreddit, etc to receive more replies and ideas to solve this problem.

MaxWizardo said:
Still not working :sad: i downloaded it from Taleworlds by adding Serial Key and still same :sad:
Also, if you downloaded the game Warband from Taleworlds website, and you already had the Steam version installed.. this may be a problem. Taleworlds serial key version is for non Steam version if I recall correctly. Decide which version of the game you want to run. Non-Steam version or Steam version, as you will want to uninstall the other one you choose against. If you are unsure how to uninstall the game on either version, I'll get back to you on that.

I do have Windows 10..
I moved the files in Modules into other files and tried Verify game files like 3 times. Everytime i do it, it downloads M&B again like when i do Verify Game i need to download 1.9GB again. and sadly it still not working. I removed my game from steam so maybe i can launch it from the original files that i downloaded using the serial key. But still same, Also the files that i downloaded from TaleWorlds by using the SK. In Modules there is only Native. And you said you meant 30 modules when u said it might be the problem and i have only 3 (in steam game)

Thanks a lot for replying my posts and trying to help me I really appreciate it. If you still can help me I'll be greatful forever.

MaxWizardo said:
I do have Windows 10..
I moved the files in Modules into other files and tried Verify game files like 3 times. Everytime i do it, it downloads M&B again like when i do Verify Game i need to download 1.9GB again. and sadly it still not working. I removed my game from steam so maybe i can launch it from the original files that i downloaded using the serial key. But still same, Also the files that i downloaded from TaleWorlds by using the SK. In Modules there is only Native. And you said you meant 30 modules when u said it might be the problem and i have only 3 (in steam game)

Thanks a lot for replying my posts and trying to help me I really appreciate it. If you still can help me I'll be greatful forever.
I have Windows 10 as well, do you use any programs like EVGA Precision X & Shadowplay? Something is preventing the game to launch. As to ideas to fix it, I have a list from a subreddit post

TrotsTwats said:
Verify Game Cache
Right Click on Mount & Blade: Warband in your Steam Library
Select (Properties>Local Files)
Verify Integrity of the Game Cache

Update Graphic Drivers
Google if you're unsure how to update drivers.

Change Graphic Drivers
Go to (Control Panel>System>Hardware>Device Manager)
Click 'Display Adapters' and make sure they're up to date.
If the game still does not launch, try removing your NVIDIA from the list and launching the game.

Upgrading from Different OS
Navigate to (My Documents\Mount&Blade Warband)
Delete 'rgl_config' and 'rgl_log'
Try to launch the game

Incompatabilities with EVGA Precision X & Shadowplay
If you happen to have either running, they makes it impossible to run Warband. Check your Task Manager and see if they're running.

Enable Windowed Mode
While it's annoying, some people have reported it to work.

DirectX Longshot
Try to launch the game using different versions of DirectX and see if it works for you.

Run Warband as an Administrator
Navigate to (Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband)
Right Click the application
Select 'Run As Administrator'

Run In Compatibility Mode
Navigate to (Steam\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband)
Right Click the application
Select (Properties>Compatibility)
Enable 'Run This Program In Compatibility Mode For:'
Select 'Windows 7' then apply changes

I'm not sure why, but it seems my replies are being lost in translation in meaning. When you have Steam version of Warband, you want Native, Napoleonic Wars, and Viking Conquest back in Modules. The Steam version was trying to recognize those other two official modules and without them present, re-downloaded them probably. You could of also tried to delete the other modules besides Native, and let Steam re-download both DLCs to see if that fixes the problem. However, since you uninstalled the game from Steam, you should not have any Mount and Blade Warband files remaining under Steam's common folder. (\steamapps\common\MountBlade Warband)
Now your savegames should be still intact if you chose to keep them.

Did you receive any error code with the game not launching, did it refuse to launch the splash screen module select window? Also, do you have the game still in your Steam Library?

Now when I said as an example of 30 or more mods, I meant that many number of un-official mods that are made by the community. You should not move any modules around if you have only the 3 official modules as default if you have Warband and both DLCs.

The issue I presume, is that you have Warband on Steam or did recently. Which you tried using your serial key at one point to fix the problem. Now in my experience of Warband on Steam, I was never prompted to input my serial keys for anything, not even multiplayer. So, I have them from Taleworlds site and Steam if I need them. Now right now I am unsure, if there is a problem with Non-Steam version after recently uninstalling the Steam version. Which I think there is an issue here with Non-Steam version after recently uninstalling the Steam version. However, you can try downloading the Non-Steam version from the Taleworlds website by the direct-to-download link: download.taleworlds.com/mb_warband_setup_1172h.exe

What format is your serial keys? Is it 4x4 or 5x5 format?
Example: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX vs XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
Please keep your own serial keys info to yourself, I do not need to know the exact codes, only what format they are in. I have Steam version and my keys are 4x4 format. Your serial keys however may be 5x5 format. Also, your serial keys should be the same ones still after uninstalling from Steam.

Verify Game Cache - didn't work

Update Graphic Drivers - didn't work

Change Graphic Drivers - didn't work

Upgrading from Different OS - didn't work (I went to my Documents and M&B file but there is only language. Also i removed rgl_log. But i cant find rgl_config at all.

Incompatibilities with EVGA Precision X & Shadowplay - i didn't understand what i have to do with this. I use Shadowplay for recording yeah.. but maybe you mean other thing?

Enable Windowed Mode - I think i can do this in the configurations but Configurations isn't even launching :sad:

DirectX Longshot - I don't know which DirectX should i use and I'm scared if i use new one the other games get some problems.

Run Warband as an Administrator - didn't work

Run In Compatibility Mode - didn't work

Thanks for helping me. i appreciate it

MaxWizardo said:
Incompatibilities with EVGA Precision X & Shadowplay - i didn't understand what i have to do with this. I use Shadowplay for recording yeah.. but maybe you mean other thing?
Thanks for helping me. i appreciate it
You may want to try disabling Shadowplay in the Task Manager and try launching the game again.

So i have the game installed on 3 different computers, a gaming rig and two other gaming laptops ( old and new laptop), and right now after re installing steam and M&B, after verifying the integrity, after updating drivers, and searching for a few hours on this forum, i kinda gave up lol, any help will be appreciated, i can live without playing this game, but it sucks to have an unworking product. (dont have mods installed other than viking napoleonic and native) I did not install with fire and sword, and all oter computers did have, but i have an SSD and i don t think that is the problem, maybe. I have no logs in Documents/mount and blade. 

steam says that the game is ready to play , integrity is good, but no matter where i open the game (from steam, from directory, shortcut) , the launcher does not appear. and nothing happens after

Thx in advance

Well, It's been a while since i never had chance to play M&B again, But it is still in mind although cannot launch it just waiting for the developers to update the game files and fix the damn bug people having including me but unfortunately (busy on bannerlord for few years and left behind what people used to like) you literally not letting us play the first Mount&Blade And now you promising us of Bannerlord for years of waiting cmon this ain't good am so done of being part of this lazy staff that barely work on their own things. I apologise of everyone but i don't mean anything bad to anyone but i just wanted to play M&B Warband again and i expected it to be fixed after quite long time but yeah what i expected was wrong. Thank you everyone.

reinstall steam i had this problem like 4 days ago now i have a new problem :grin: i cant alt tab anymore i found the topic here but i for got where it was and now when i alt tab to desktop i cant return to the game it simply closes and i searched everywhere trust me i reinstalled the game,verified the cache,reisntalled steam several times and nothing works

Back
Top Bottom