Mount & Blade Simple Compare | Tool v0.96b

Users who are viewing this thread

Mount & Blade Simple Compare | Tool

Latest version v0.96b

This is just a simple tool to compare two txt-files containing Mount & Balde variables. It opens the two files, look for the dividing charakter | and tells you which variables are not in the other file. You can copy the diff to your files, editing them.
I used this for missing variables for translating to german. But you can also use for other things.

For example, look at this:

compare.gif

Download Page

I know, that there are other file compare tools out, but this one does exactly what I need without additional features...
Could be useful for other people, too.

Morgh

That's indeed handy when you want to make a translation or such. Does it also work with the Module System? I think it works better comparing with this tool than with Notepad ++.

Jezze said:
That's indeed handy when you want to make a translation or such. Does it also work with the Module System? I think it works better comparing with this tool than with Notepad ++.

I used it for translation of csv/txt files only... The functionality is simple:

It searches the |  in a line, taking the left part before the delimiter (separator) | and looks whether the text is in the target list or not. Missing lines in the target list (the difference) will be added to the text field.
This will work with all what have a | as delimiter in a line. I'll add a field to change the delimiter. So peolple can use the software for other things, too.

This is not for the module system, it's just for the csv/txt files M&B use.

Morgh said:
I'll add a field to change the delimiter. So peolple can use the software for other things, too.

Done. v0.96b is ready for download.

Morgh said:
Morgh said:
I'll add a field to change the delimiter. So peolple can use the software for other things, too.

Done. v0.96b is ready for download.

Just to clarify lets says Idownlaod a module exp Sword of damocles    If I use that tool will he read all the difference between native and the mod I downloaded ?

Lol, no sorry :grin:

This is a tool to compare variable differences between two files. Mainly used for translations to other languages.

Did not work for me, was a complete failure tool. It simply states that the two files are the same, but look at the images below:

File 1: 3542 Lines
File 2: 3792 Lines

The Same files on Winmerge looks quantity difference is Huge

rp8h.png
zpt.png

Back
Top Bottom