SP Modern Apocalypse Mount&Blade: Raccoon City (UPDATED)

How should the map be?

• Whole map should be Racoon City with small towns instead of cities.

Votes: 27 69.2%
  • A normal map with cities and Raccoon City as a capital city.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Other (Please suggest)

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey everyone! Welcome to the Raccoon City topic!

Introduction
Me and a few friends have started a new mod called "Raccoon City" which will be based of the movies and games "Resident Evil". This mod will remove ALL current M&B Equipment and replace it with modern warfare weapons.

This mod will actually be more or less an Total Conversion, you'll be able to see characters from RE in this mod also you can expect to see lots of zombies, that's for sure.

Storyline:
There's actually none yet, if someone got any ideas of a nice storyline don't hesitate to PM me.

Features:
You can expect to see loads of new weapons. Also we'll do our best to get exploadable weapons ingame e.g Grenades.
Completley new map.
New scene objects to replace castles with cities.
New shopkeepers.
New factions.
New interface/HUD etc.

Members:
Me <3D Models, Unwrapping, Module(Python) Scripting, Animations(When possible), PR, PL, BRF Management.>
DrunkenMonkey <Making soundtracks>
Sepelius(Teshin) <Texture Artist, Sound creator/modifier>

More positions avaible for those who wants to join. Anything from these above will be very welcomes (Animators not needed).

Factions:
Umbrella Corporation Soldiers - U.C.S
Special Tactics And Rescue Squad - S.T.A.R.S (Thanks L3ggy!)
Infected Creatures - A.K.A "Zombies", "Undead", "Hippies".
Survivors - Civilians that survived from being infected.
-Reserved for ideas-

Suggestions from others: (Suggestions added in this list have been confirmed as an great suggestion by the MB:RC staff.)
-Reserved-
-Reserved-
-A few more slots reserved-

The Big To-Do list:

P90:
• Modeled [X]
• Programmed & Ingame [X]
• Unwrapped [ ]
• Textured [ ] - Working on it -

MSG-90:
• Modeled [X]
• Unwrapped [ ]
• Textured [ ]

M16A1:
• Modeled [X]
• Unwrapped [ ]
• Textured [ ]

Grenade:
• Modeled [X]
• Programmed & Ingame [/] - Working on the scripts for it -
• Unwrapped [ ]
• Textured [ ]

Combat Knife:
• Modeled [ ]
• Programmed & Ingame [ ]
• Unwrapped [ ]
• Textured [ ]

SPAS 12:
• Modeled [ ]
• Unwrapped [ ]
• Textured [ ]

Winchester Rifle:
• Modeled [ ]
• Unwrapped [ ]
• Textured [ ]

Desert Eagle:
• Modeled [ ]
• Unwrapped [ ]
• Textured [ ]

Colt .45:
• Modeled [X]
• Unwrapped [X]
• Textured [X]

Glock 17:
• Modeled [X]
• Unwrapped [X]
• Textured [X]

M24
• Modeled [ ]
• Unwrapped [ ]
• Textured [ ]

List's to big...!

Screenshots you'll be able to find at our moddb profile (Coming soon)
Also at our official website (Coming soon).

For further information do NOT hesitate to send a PM to either me or Teshin or leave an reply in this topic.

Black Shark Studios have been closed due to stupid activity by one of the founders. The former founders will create a new Virtual Company as soon as possible.

Ok, I've fixed my WMM!

PLEASE NOTE: I know the weapons are not really aligned correctly YET! This will be fixed very soon. Sadly enough I couldn't fix it before this video!!!

http://files.filefront.com/MountBlade+Racoon+City+Terwmv/;10038792;/fileinfo.html
Teaser 1

Note: You might want to download the movie for best quality.

Hope you like our progress so far.

25/04 - 2008:
• The M16A1 has been modeled.
• City icon has been modeled.
• We got permission from 'Mirathei' to use his mod "Magic Mod: Curtain of Fire" source to hopefully create Grenades!
Thanks Mirathei!

//Dealman

If you don't mind me asking what made you choose the M&B engine for this type of project?  To my simple mind it seems something like one of the Unreal, Quake or Half-Life engines would be better suited.  What advantages does M&B have over these?

LCJr said:
If you don't mind me asking what made you choose the M&B engine for this type of project?  To my simple mind it seems something like one of the Unreal, Quake or Half-Life engines would be better suited.  What advantages does M&B have over these?

I want to create this mod for M&B 'cause I like the game and find it quite easy to mod. Also I have no other projects running as my other mod for C&C Renegade have been set to in-active for the moment.

And I'm quite sure M&B got some advantages, even though I can't be bothered to think about it at the moment.

I'm sure I could handle the Unreal Engine or CryEngine 2 if I worked a bit with it. But at the moment I feel like modding for M&B. After I've made this I will try to learn for CryEngine 2 and if I get enough experience how it works I'll try to make a Supreme Commander mod as it'll be fully possible.

Feel free to ask on, no questions are dumb enough!

Sincerely,
Dealman

I'll admit, I've seen plenty of Zombie mods that died within a day of being announced, but it seems like you're determined. I wish you the best of luck, and hope to see this come alive (unlike the thirty others).

EasyCo506 said:
I'll admit, I've seen plenty of Zombie mods that died within a day of being announced, but it seems like you're determined. I wish you the best of luck, and hope to see this come alive (unlike the thirty others).

Thanks!,

You can count on us! Even if it won't be finished we will at least struggle to release an Public Beta.

S.T.A.R.S Raccoon City Police Department - (Don't know what S.T.A.R.S stand for so at the moment "RCPD")

Special Tactics And Rescue Squad/Service/Spot Take your pick.

I think that there was a Resident Evil mod under progress awhile ago, maybe you could ask them for some models.

Just for the sheer sake of being an ******* and being right I'm going to predict an fail here which will border between epic and pathetic.

AvaRice said:
I think that there was a Resident Evil mod under progress awhile ago, maybe you could ask them for some models.

You're probably thinking of "Resident Evil Cold Blooded", I was a member of that mod but I left it due to in-activeness.

Also thanks for showing hope for this mod. We'll do our best.

Eh..........

(thinks a long while...)

(Looks at a PM)

(decides he can't help)

(thinks he can try to help this mod)

(thinks on what he can help with)

Modelling help? Im okay with guns and stuff....

Back
Top Bottom