Mount & Blade - Old Versions

Users who are viewing this thread

The Dark Robin said:
Edit: Well, when I start up .751, the little blue ball just comes up for a second, then nothing happens. :???:

Just the little thing that comes up when the computer is working, then it reverts back to a normal mouse and nothing happens. So I can't play Storymod. :sad:

Hello everyone!

Since I'm interested in old versions of various games, I thought I'd share the links I found for the old versions of Mount & Blade that were archived by the Wayback Machine:

Installers:
Patches:
Module system:

I have a new private message from October 2014.. That should give you an idea of how active I am these days. It could be a compatibility issue with your version of Windows. I know it ran on Windows XP Professional without issue. You can also try updating your drivers. If you are getting an error message, that would help to know.

same thing as dirk robbing, im using .960 for hegemony, the process start but i cant see the launcher, i tried everything, drivers are updated %appdata% deleted, although starting the .960 doesnt generate the m&b folder. warband working good, steam 1.011 version of m&b working good(this one generates the m&b folder in appdata if deleted). I dont know whaat to do. oh and i also tried the windows compatibility thing, im using windows 10 and i have played .960 with the same computer in windows 7. please help

I have theory why there are so many Warband players and not so many original MB players anymore.
Longer visual contact with original MB leads to symptoms that resembles Ebola virus infection. Some players have miraculously survived, those are usually modders who do not itself play but they support this horrible infection.
I once downloaded one mod for this game and after 20 minutes playing I had asthmatic reaction and my eyes+ears started hurting, had to stop and boot computer. My windows was gone and some "Mount&Blade Operating System with Mods" was booting instead. I had to rip out that infected hard-disk and boil it one hour in salty water to get that horrible infection out of it.

Dont do M&B, do Warband...

Lumos said:
It looked pretty good before Warband came out though.

You seem to have typo on that sentence. Let me correct it: "I looked pretty good before Warband came out though."
:mrgreen:

Do you guys have any idea on how to run M&B versions older than 0.808? I've been trying to run 0.751, but the launcher does not show up (whereas game is still visible in task manager). I know that this is probably related to Themida. And yes, I tried all possible solutions I found, no luck. Any help?

Lumоs said:
True, but when you're comparing it to M&B... :razz:

Warband's vegetation shaders look awful, somehow they look even worse than MB's. Only redeaming thing about the graphics is the attire of NPCs. The other shaders are horrible and don't fit in with the rest of the graphics, everything else looks low res and looks even worse in combo with those plastic shaders, and the god awful vegetation resembles a blurry piece of laminated cardboard painted in watercolor. They even made the ragdolls bad, the ragdolls move with a choppy frame rate and fall in weird positions which ruins the immersion, looks like mini sacks of jointless potatoes attached to a lead chain.

Jackson ??? said:
They're literally identical.

I can't quite put my finger on it but something looks different shader wise, the original MB looks more colorful, the geometry seems to pop out more and things just look more natural. The atmosphere is different.
Compare the faces of the characters. The face in MB looks more natural and fleshed out while the warband one looks like wax inside a sweaty ziploc bag
sar2.jpg

AZANFACE.png

31.png

mount_blade_warband_ps4_3.jpg
One of the main reasons I decided to make my mod for the original MB was because MB's graphics really do offer a different atmosphere than warband's sterilized plastic look.

It's like comparing the difference between Halo 2 E3 graphics and Halo 5's graphics. Technically Halo 5's graphics is "better" because it's using Directx 11+ and the latest in Shader model (Shader Model 5.0?) and supports a higher polygon count. Halo 2 E3's graphics is using Directx 9 and Shader Model 2.0 which is ancient for today, and yet the graphics and atmosphere look so much better, the geometry just pops out at you and it sets the right feel.
the-big-screen-ihalo-2i-trailer-20040723092502342.jpg
halo2beta01.jpgme
halo2beta01.jpg

Ha
lo-3-[/img]ODST-790x459.jpg[/img]
h5-mp-beta-trench-trench-run-84cfeee8852c491884777d65eff82e31.jpg

Halo 5 suffers from wax piece in sweaty plastic bag syndrome like Warband

Amherawdyr said:
Do you guys have any idea on how to run M&B versions older than 0.808? I've been trying to run 0.751, but the launcher does not show up (whereas game is still visible in task manager). I know that this is probably related to Themida. And yes, I tried all possible solutions I found, no luck. Any help?

Any help? Sorry for bothering you guys.

Back
Top Bottom