Mount&Blade Module System Manager {0.4.7} | By Swyter

Users who are viewing this thread

I pinned it to my taskbar, but the actual file would be in Desktop/Imperium Graecorum/Tools/msys.manager.xxx so everytime it adds a new number to the end, you need to re-set the shortcut.

Maybe you'd be better off overwriting the old ones, anyway?  I still have to delete them, they don't get auto deleted. 

Bolkonsky said:
I pinned it to my taskbar, but the actual file would be in Desktop/Imperium Graecorum/Tools/msys.manager.xxx so everytime it adds a new number to the end, you need to re-set the shortcut.

Maybe you'd be better off overwriting the old ones, anyway?  I still have to delete them, they don't get auto deleted. 

Uff... At last...

Aha. Read that.  :smile:
Swyter said:
Yeah, of course. It cannot overwrite itself on the fly, so simply gets the filename, adds the number version, when the download ends theoretically closes itself, deletes the old, gets substituted by the new and gets launched. I'll do further testing to check errors.

But it was working fine for me.  :neutral:
That's exactly the point. Doesn't gets replaced. Ok.. then it's easy. What a headache of such a simple problem! *bounces*
_bounce__revamped_by_GuyFlash.gif

I was almost ready to redo the updater trying to get around an horrible issue.

Jezze said:
Yeah, ok. That should be the problem. Thanks for the help :wink:.
It's done. Look back to the revised change-log. Now it's working fine. Also with spaces and changed filenames... And shortcuts.  :smile:

PS: The new updater will be functional after this next update, the downloader fixes comes with the new downloaded files. So yet one more conflictive version and later fine... Now checked massively in 3 different Operative Systems.

PS2: I'm learning a lot with this (programming, devs pipelines and workflows in an stressing environment, etc). Ty everyone.

Ok, I had an idea!

You should make it so that there's an option to backup the module system files to a folder somewhere, whenever the module is compiled! 

Bolkonsky said:
Ok, I had an idea!

You should make it so that there's an option to backup the module system files to a folder somewhere, whenever the module is compiled!

Something better :smile:
What better than a automated yet fast and robust backup system...
Don't forget to choose a good destination. As an external Hard Disk, a Dropbox folder, or some other computer in your network, otherwise the backup will be useless.

Modules as renowned as The Last Days suffered a completely lost of their files, what caused years of redone. It's a great idea to add this, and I'm very proud to get this working in a exclusively way for my mates, the Mount&Blade modders. Kudos to [COGlory/Bolkonsky] for the idea. :smile:

In a second after pressing the backup button, a solid compressed file will be created in the chosen destination with this structure:
Code:
[2011-01-23]_[13;01;42]_[Star Wars Conquest Nighty]_MSYSMAN.BAK.zip

It's really easy to follow the date/time/module name structure. So frankly I think it's a good idea to use it once a day.
You can recover it yourself by overwriting the needed file from the zip.

oDgnP.jpg

>_> I've just saw a typo in the window's title...

[anchor=v045]M&B MSYS MANAGER v0.4.5 RELEASED Alias 'Backup Trooper'[/anchor]

✓ :: 0.4.5+ Added a New Backup System. Put your valuable module files undercover by clicking a button! You can reset the destination folder going to the Advanced Functions. Kudos to [COGlory/Bolkonsky] for the idea.
✓ :: 0.4.5+ Definitely fixed the Updater. Yeah, I know. This time it's true.  :razz:
  ✓ :: 0.4.5+ Added some internal artisan functions for Cleaning relative paths and finding automatically the Module Name only by giving the Module System Folder. *wow*

[!] Open your Msys Manager 0.3.1 or newer to update automatically.

Let me know possible bugs or suggestions. So they would be ironed almost on-the-fly  :wink:

Click Here, or use the first post button for downloading a single, portable useful coding tool.

SonKidd said:
It seems like the manger can't open "header_commons" which is very useful for multiplayer coding.

Btw, thanks, it's very useful!
This reply is a common failure on most of the forums.

cb6fe651.gif

Sinds 2 versions you can add whatever file you want.
I already mentioned it and dear Swyter did something with it.
So now i thought it couldn't be better he just got it better somehow :razz:

Jerkuh said:
SonKidd said:
It seems like the manger can't open "header_commons" which is very useful for multiplayer coding.

cb6fe651.gif

Lol... terribly sorry. I did go through the first few pages :razz:.
Got it to work now. Thanks.

SonKidd said:
Jerkuh said:
SonKidd said:

cb6fe651.gif

Lol... terribly sorry. I did go through the first few pages :razz:.
Got it to work now. Thanks.
Np :wink:

Awesome update Swyter! I might have a suggestion for you, is it possible that you can configure the location of your Dedicated server files, and configure them and start the server via the MySys Manager?

That would be really awesome :grin:.

Jezze said:
Awesome update Swyter! I might have a suggestion for you, is it possible that you can configure the location of your Dedicated server files, and configure them and start the server via the MySys Manager?

That would be really awesome :grin:.

Mhh, yes, of course, Jezze. And it's quite cool + simple. But there's a more easy + practical way to do it:
Attaching the server execution to the bat file... I helped to Jerkuh with the same some time ago... You have a tutorial in that link :smile:

Exactly the same steps, and the best thing: is module independent. Another note to write down for a possible FAQ...

swyter I am very new at this job, therefore I have questions. When I say compile files, I just get this screen, what is this, how can I compile my files after editing them?

frukox said:
swyter I am very new at this job, therefore I have questions. When I say compile files, I just get this screen, what is this, how can I compile my files after editing them?

Oh, it's pretty easy. Install python 2.6. Here you have the portable version:
http://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/PortablePython/v1.1/PortablePython_1.1_py2.6.1.exe

Later you need to add the python.exe to the %PATH% system variable, as the documentation says:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5408.0.html

And it should recognize it. Let me know if there's any problem.

Swyter said:
frukox said:

Oh, it's pretty easy. Install python 2.6. Here you have the portable version:
http://ftp.belnet.be/mirror/PortablePython/v1.1/PortablePython_1.1_py2.6.1.exe

Later you need to add the python.exe to the %PATH% system variable, as the documentation says:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,5408.0.html

And it should recognize it. Let me know if there's any problem.

I did all the steps and have python installed but now I have a different screen:

What could be the problem?: Miscoding somewhere? Furthermore, after executing bat. file, I saw some error screens. Do you need a screenshot? Where could I make the mistake? Please help me with this:smile:

Back
Top Bottom