Mount&Blade Module System Manager {0.4.7} | By Swyter

Users who are viewing this thread

[anchor=v031]M&B MSYS MANAGER v0.3.1 RELEASED[/anchor]

To shorten: I deleted all the previous code and re-made it from scratch.

✓ :: I've dedicated a little to make my own updating algorithm. So now we have a fully embedded auto-updater!
✓ :: More easy and smart than ever. I've removed the most part of buttons. All it's calculated from the less possible values.
  ✓ :: The improvements of a complete rewrite. More stability and more elaborate code. That means all the previous possible problems are gone.
  ✓ :: Isn't needed to restart for applying changes anymore. Instantaneous.
    ✓ :: Fixed the Opacity bar so it makes the toolbox transparency change smooth as it should.
    ✓ :: Now the 'Open Folder' Quickjumpers maximizes a folder if it's already opened but minimized so it doesn't duplicates the window.
      ✓ :: Simplified configuration.
      ✓ :: Boring stuff that it's now repaired. :smile:
        ✓ :: +0.3.1.1 Now the multi-conditional saver it's fixed. Thanks to [Bolkonsky/COGlory] :smile:
        ✓ :: +0.3.1.2 More security in the starting against strange behaviors. Thanks to [Jezze] for the good publicity. :wink:

[!] Open your Msys Manager 0.3.1 or newer to update automatically.

Let me know possible bugs or suggestions. So they would be ironed almost on-the-fly  :wink:

Click Here, or use the first post button for downloading a single, portable useful coding tool.

It's funny.  I got an email saying you updated, and searched for this thread just so I could tell you to add an auto-updater.  :razz: 

Great job! 

EDIT:  It no longer detects Notepad++  I have to put in the path every time I want to use it.  I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit, and Notepad++ is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++

I don't mind setting it once, so why not make it store the set path in a registry key, or settings file, once you set it, if it can't detect it? 

Bolkonsky said:
It's funny.  I got an email saying you updated, and searched for this thread just so I could tell you to add an auto-updater.  :razz: 

Great job! 
Haha. Lastly you're always reading my mind. It's a functionality I always liked to program. ;P I enjoyed it.
But beware. I mostly code in zen mode. Sometimes it's awesome and fast, but the lack of testing can make me to mistake in little details.

Tell me if worked. *mr awesome face*

Bolkonsky said:
EDIT:  It no longer detects Notepad++  I have to put in the path every time I want to use it.  I'm using Windows 7 64 Bit, and Notepad++ is installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++

I don't mind setting it once, so why not make it store the set path in a registry key, or settings file, once you set it, if it can't detect it?
Done. It always had, simply the 'smart' (ye I know  :roll:) routine had some fails of logic at saving time, in this case.  :smile:

Yup, it opened up Chrome, brought me to TaleWorlds, pretty nice!  I was suprised when it went to the changelog, not the OP.  Is the post that it links to with the changelog static, or did you make it download a packet first, with the address of the changelog in it, and then open that up?

EDIT:  My only qualm is that you changed the name!  :mad:

Now I have to re-link my shortcuts!  :razz:

2nd Edit:

Another suggestion.  You should make a blank option in the combo box, and set that to the default option, and just have it open up Notepad++ when the application is launched, rather than have it open Notepad AND module_animation.py

Constantly closing module_animations.py can get pretty annoying. 

Bolkonsky said:
*interesting stuff*
1) I discovered a secret anchor tag for this forum. so links directly with the text. And no. I preferred to simplify the mess and directly parses the Janus' Repository page div (Version: and Homepage: boxes). Easy for you and me. Because the same HTTP request checks if your Internet connection it's active. And I don't need to host something somewhere and modify it all the time.

2) Changes the executable name? What?  :shock: Can you elaborate?

3) Since two versions ago it remembers the latest selected item. So if you closes with // Module INI it will open // Module INI at start.
I was also tired of the Animations stuff.

I am having some crazy bugs when I try the new version.

1. When I want to open a Module System file, then MySys gives the notification that I should configure my Notepad.exe location every time I want to open a Module System file.

2. When I redownloaded it, it gave this,

mysysbug.png

and it keeps rebooting MySys every time I want to close it. I can only end by stopping the process in the Task Manager.

I redownloaded it several times, but no avail.

I am considering to accept bug reports only by personal message, this definitely can not bring good publicity.  :lol:
Let me know: You started the program with command line arguments isn't? I'll fix that.

Swyter said:
I am considering to accept bug reports only by personal message, this definitely can not bring good publicity.  :lol:
Let me know: You started the program with command line arguments isn't? I'll fix that.

No, I did not add command line arguments in it. Maybe it's something in my register I changed earlier. Or I should reboot my PC :razz:.

Jezze said:
No, I did not add command line arguments in it. Maybe it's something in my register I changed earlier. Or I should reboot my PC :razz:.

You should be happy in 3... 2... 1 :smile:
Don't think it's a registry problem, I ironed that part a lot. Slowly this it's turning in a very complex program. With a lot of automated procedurals that makes the modder's life easier. However, yours it's an special case.

Every time you post here you bring me a tasty new exotic bug to smash.

Ah. In your case download manually. It will be only once. This is getting stable.

PS: You and Bolkonsky are now crowned as Official Tasty Testers of the Court
239-16x16x32.png

That helped me a lot. Ty for your time.

Swyter said:
Bolkonsky said:
*interesting stuff*
1) I discovered a secret anchor tag for this forum. so links directly with the text. And no. I preferred to simplify the mess and directly parses the Janus' Repository page div (Version: and Homepage: boxes). Easy for you and me. Because the same HTTP request checks if your Internet connection it's active. And I don't need to host something somewhere and modify it all the time.

2) Changes the executable name? What?  :shock: Can you elaborate?

3) Since two versions ago it remembers the latest selected item. So if you closes with // Module INI it will open // Module INI at start.
I was also tired of the Animations stuff.

1) SMF has an anchor code?  Nice!

2) It used to be named msys.manager, I changed it to "Module System Manager" and after the update it's now called Module_System_Manager_3.1.1

3) Ah, excellent.  It must have reset with the new version, and that's why I noticed it.  :smile: 

Oh, and shiny crown!  :grin:

Bolkonsky said:
1) SMF has an anchor code?  Nice!

2) It used to be named msys.manager, I changed it to "Module System Manager" and after the update it's now called Module_System_Manager_3.1.1

3) Ah, excellent.  It must have reset with the new version, and that's why I noticed it.  :smile: 

Oh, and shiny crown!  :grin:

1)
Code:
[anchor=Awesomenusses]You feel it[/anchor]
Beware, it adds a "post_" substring, so this case it will be "post_Awesomenusses" Use it into your modern post to redirect to a specific paragraph in a hax0r way.
Credit me if you want for the risky discovering  :mrgreen:

2) It doesn't rebooted after update, now it should. What you're saying it's the temporal name. In theory when ends the download auto-renames itself to the previous name (whatever) and launches the renamed version. Also now accept names with spaces. (I'm using the cmd to rename so I added "program with spaces.exe")

3) Hope so.  :smile:

Jezze said:
[anchor=Awesomenusses]Awesomenusses![/anchor]

I shall redownload and re-test :wink:.

Is mostly finished. :smile:

I was wondering, is it possible to make the extra files like operations and module.ini be adjustable to your own needs, because i sometimes have the need to open common_header or i need to check up with an ID_items. It would be pretty handy for me.

Jerkuh said:
I was wondering, is it possible to make the extra files like operations and module.ini be adjustable to your own needs, because i sometimes have the need to open common_header or i need to check up with an ID_items. It would be pretty handy for me.

I'll add it for the next version, after the code redo (0.3.1+) it would be pretty easy, there's very little hard-coded now.

Edit: And no, definitely this isn't going to be today if you're waiting for it.
I worked on it enough this afternoon. Have to take a look to the tomorrow's exam.  :smile:

Ho ho, that's great, didn't even thought of it to be done by the end of the week.
Didn't knew you are that active, this is very pleasant to hear.
But of course, school is much much more important than M&B.
I'm not in a hurry atm so don't rush either for me.

[anchor=needhelp]Extended Functions  Need Help?
Let's see, the main functionality today it's the possibility of creating advanced list filtering and so.
It's modular because you use simple wildcards that the program only shows in the list if the file really exist or the conditions are met.

A same function set it's valid for every other module out there. And you've the possibility of making your filterings as complex as you want.

Code:
SmartLocation("module_*.py",GetModuleSysFolder(),"","");

-- New in 1.2.2 version... search also for header operations
SmartLocation("header_operations.py",GetModuleSysFolder(),"// ","");

-- New in 1.2.4 version... search also for module.ini
SmartLocation("module.ini",GetModuleFolder(),"// "," INI");

STANDARD SYNTAX:
Code:
SmartLocation("filename*with???wildcards",<LOCATION FUNCTION>,"<PREFIX>","<SUFFIX>");
VALID LOCATION FUNCTIONS:
Code:
GetModuleSysFolder() -> Refers to the Current Module System Folder
GetModuleFolder() -> Refers to the Current Module Base Folder (Where your module.ini it's located)

[?] Don't worry: In case of error/typo my program simply keeps the QuickJumper disabled and advices you to keep far away from the advanced options.
  :razz: [size=8pt]Yeah, I know, Jesus 2.0...
[/size]

In this example the Quickjumper will show every
Code:
 items
file in the scope, the Sceneprops ID file and the
Code:
map.txt
of your Module root.
Also you can customize the final text by adding some prefixes and suffixes. The algorithm automatically formates the filename.

Code:
SmartLocation("*_items.py",GetModuleSysFolder(),""," (&)")
SmartLocation("header_o*.py",GetModuleSysFolder(),"// ","");
SmartLocation("id_scene_props.py",GetModuleSysFolder(),"// ","");
SmartLocation("map.txt",GetModuleFolder(),"// "," TXT");

[anchor=v042]M&B MSYS MANAGER v0.4.2 RELEASED[/anchor]

✓ :: Extended Functions, A new way to configure what you want to show in your Quick Jumper.
✓ :: Aesthetic changes, I wanted to program something funny and made an Artisan Tool Box Fader you surely like. It's like 'wooah Nextgen!'  :razz:
  ✓ :: Secure code, More and more logical operators that makes the program clever against unexpected user behavior (see dummy smashing keyboard for further info).

[!] Open your Msys Manager 0.3.1 or newer to update automatically.

Let me know possible bugs or suggestions. So they would be ironed almost on-the-fly  :wink:

Click Here, or use the first post button for downloading a single, portable useful coding tool.

Back
Top Bottom