Mount&Blade Iron Launcher 1.3.1 By Swyter

What do you want to add/improve in next versions of Iron Launcher?

• Warband support

Votes: 158 69.0%
  • More Languages

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • Interface Enhancement

Votes: 25 10.9%
  • Re-Built the entire program

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • In-deep bug correction

Votes: 18 7.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Excellent work!  :grin:  I'm sure you're going to get many downloads once word gets around of your program. The M&B community could really use more coders like you.

small comment, but could you change this so we can configure what the Data folder is called?  I shipped the iron launcher and a custom Data folder with my mod and somebody accidentally installed it into the root of M&B and overwrote their real data folder...  So if we could package Data_IL (or something like that) with our mods then that would prevent some user error, etc.

HokieBT said:
small comment, but could you change this so we can configure what the Data folder is called?  I shipped the iron launcher and a custom Data folder with my mod and somebody accidentally installed it into the root of M&B and overwrote their real data folder...  So if we could package Data_IL (or something like that) with our mods then that would prevent some user error, etc.

:neutral:  :!: ... Somebody accidentally installed it into the root of M&B and overwrote their real data folder? Well, I havent think in that "scenary", Well  :roll: I suppose that I'll change this in next version, but Hokie,  :wink: How many times did you explain the exactly location of SWC? A good idea is to pack the mod with a compressed installer (As TLD  :!:). With Nullsoft Install System you can easilly create a good compressed packets.

(Phylosophical corner)  :smile:
One moment, Is'nt a nsis script made by M&B staff, I think that Ive see it somethere... But my opinion is that the only responsible (Ive write it well?) is that mod player that no read and understand your install notes, the next time will be the first to read

Everyone of us have learnt this by this method, and the next generations of mod/players that want a double click in some file and Surprise!  :mrgreen: is all ready, no, that kids must understand that our (Hard) work is create new worlds, not serve to him.

Ahh... greetings to the big brother of that player, that can install correctly a game named M&B. 
(End)

As I did with MBFC, now post the online documentation of Iron Launcher...

Code:
[SIZE=4][font=arial]MOUNT&BLADE IRON LAUNCHER 1.2 - ONLINE DOCUMENTATION[/font][/SIZE]

hehe, I agree people should know how to install mods, but it just happened again, so that's two people and counting.  lol

I've never been a big fan of the mod installers, but will considering using it for my next release.

HokieBT said:
hehe, I agree people should know how to install mods, but it just happened again, so that's two people and counting.  lol

I've never been a big fan of the mod installers, but will considering using it for my next release.

Is good to open your mind (ha ha :grin:) to a new perspective of distribution ( :razz:), yes Hokie Ive tried NSIS some years ago and is easy...

BETA SECRET :!:
I am working in a full GUI compressed installer ONLY M&B compatible, named Mount&Blade War Kit... It will be ready at the end of summer... Its complete at 80%. I will not publish a public Beta, but the 1.0....  :grin:

PD: Have you seen OpenBRF editor... it need to be upgraded... but WOW... :wink:

The Iron Launcher works fine for me, but I've heard of a few people who have 1.011 installed but still get the incorrect version error...  They have tried changing the IL_MIN_VERSION and IL_MAX_VERSION in the IronLauncher.ini but that still didn't help, etc.  I think Highelf said he had an issue like this if I remember right.

Swyter - we might need an option to just disable/enable the version check in the INI file?    And if you are making a change it would be cool to have the ability to name my data folder (ie. Data_IL) in-case people accidentally install the mod wrong they don't mess up their M&B install.  :smile:  Now that we have skeleton support I'm looking into using this and can see several other mods using it as well, so thanks for creating this.

Is the "Data_Iron_Launcher" folder that is created in the M&B directory supposed to be deleted each time?  Usually when I use this it works fine the first time, but when I exity the mod, and then try and launch it again I get an generic application error.  I have to manually delete the "Data _Iron_Launcher" folder before it starts correctly...  I'm wondering if you can add some better error handling around this functionality in case this is happening to other people?

Hokie... in the old versions IL data folder was removed every time, but with the new error handling system (suggested by you) is not needed to reinstall the game to get the files. And it must be removed manually (is a low weight folder)

And about the random error, is related with the registry keys of the game, not correctly installed of multi-installation...  :neutral:

I didnt think that is an unique error.. various errors with a common error message... I must rebuilt the entire code making it more stable  :cool: ... and with OpenBrf  Iron Launcher has new functionalities...  :eek:

Enjoy the summer  :grin:

Is the "Data_Iron_Launcher" folder that is created in the M&B directory supposed to be deleted each time?  Usually when I use this it works fine the first time, but when I exity the mod, and then try and launch it again I get an generic application error.  I have to manually delete the "Data _Iron_Launcher" folder before it starts correctly...  I'm wondering if you can add some better error handling around this functionality in case this is happening to other people?
Just happened to me and a few of the other people who have tried to use Ironlauncher to open the latest version of Revenge of the Berserk.  You really need to work on this as it is a serious error.  Especially since the release of openbrf which needs ironlauncher to run those tasty modified skeletons.

Berserker Pride said:
Just happened to me and a few of the other people who have tried to use Ironlauncher to open the latest version of Revenge of the Berserk.  You really need to work on this as it is a serious error.  Especially since the release of openbrf which needs ironlauncher to run those tasty modified skeletons.

Yeah, there is some bug that makes IL unstable, this is surprising  :neutral: cos the 1.2 is has been operative along 6 months without any change, anybody has PM me saying "hey, your program makes strange things!" if anyone gives feedback to me is completelly imposible to SOLVE it, now you comes here and said to me "fix that!"

I cant not read every forum thread  :!: If you found some bug tell to me, but not wait 5-6 months and later complain...  :neutral: did you understand me?

Ill fix it soon... but you not should distribute a modified mb folder version...  :roll:

Yea I fixed that by adding a new data folder beside the current one.  But that does require people to skip back and forth.  It seemed from a quick little poll I did that about half of people had Ironlauncher work fine for them but another half had it turn itself off.  It worked for me for a little while then started turning itself off. I'm running windows XP if that makes any difference.  I didn't mean to sound angry about the problem but the extra data folder "solution" I have now is highly clunky.

Berserker Pride said:
Yea I fixed that by adding a new data folder beside the current one.  But that does require people to skip back and forth.  It seemed from a quick little poll I did that about half of people had Ironlauncher work fine for them but another half had it turn itself off.  It worked for me for a little while then started turning itself off. I'm running windows XP if that makes any difference.  I didn't mean to sound angry about the problem but the extra data folder "solution" I have now is highly clunky.

Maybe is good temporary  :eek:, but within 2 months  it can turn crazy to every RotB user  :neutral: (or SWC, or the others...) so I will fix it soon (1-2 days) I have a lot of homework pending  :smile: You know the priorities...

Well I'm not so much worried about things screwing up but more worried at the complication for people to download the mod.  Once you have Ironlauncher all patched I would prefer to use it.  Revenge of the Berserk is the first released mod with custom skeletons and a need for a module data folder and a way to run it.  But there are a lot of mods on the way that will edit the data folder.  I don't imagine a guy wants five separate data folders in his Mount&Blade folder.  It will be a necessity to run mods through ironlauncher pretty soon.  But let me know whenever your editted version is ready and I will definitely test it out for you.

great work Swyter, I wasn't expecting you to update it so quickly.
I'll give it a test today, (though your previous version has been working fine for me so far).

Barf said:
great work Swyter, I wasn't expecting you to update it so quickly.
I'll give it a test today, (though your previous version has been working fine for me so far).

Berserker Pride said:
So far so good for me which is awesome.

Thanks people... This is a minor release, only error correction, I havent time for further changes, but maybe the next week I'll add the desired Warband support... Enjoy it  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom