Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord - Will there be ranks?

Users who are viewing this thread

In Warband there was a king and different vassal titles under him but the titles were arbitrary and without real purpose.
Will Bannerlord feature meaningful titles?
Will one be able to climb up the ranks from a baron to a count to a duke to a grand duke?
Will there be meaninful benefits that come with each rank?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbrnPtybNd4
at 36:35 Frank gives this answer. Basically no, but the influence system acts as a pseudo-rank system because powerful people accumulate it quicker and thus have more power in the kingdom. I know this was long ago but what we've seen lately reinforces it. Hopefully James doesn't see this or he'll break down why it sucks again  :mrgreen:

I don't think they've added this however there are clan leaders that are higher ranking than normal vassals and I think that generally the different ranks can be assumed from power and holdings.
However there is no harm in them adding a feature that every character has a rank.
Say for the Vlandians:
Vicomte-a single village
Baron-a single castle
Comte-a few villages
Marquis-A few castles (especially for recently conquered regions)
Duke-A town or more

vicwiz007 said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbrnPtybNd4
at 36:35 Frank gives this answer. Basically no, but the influence system acts as a pseudo-rank system because powerful people accumulate it quicker and thus have more power in the kingdom. I know this was long ago but what we've seen lately reinforces it. Hopefully James doesn't see this or he'll break down why it sucks again  :mrgreen:
Oh, I forgot about this video, thanks :iamamoron:

Seleucid said:
I don't think they've added this however there are clan leaders that are higher ranking than normal vassals and I think that generally the different ranks can be assumed from power and holdings.
However there is no harm in them adding a feature that every character has a rank.
Say for the Vlandians:
Vicomte-a single village
Baron-a single castle
Comte-a few villages
Marquis-A few castles (especially for recently conquered regions)
Duke-A town or more
Totally agree :wink:

Yanger said:
In Warband there was a king and different vassal titles under him but the titles were arbitrary and without real purpose.
Will Bannerlord feature meaningful titles?
Will one be able to climb up the ranks from a baron to a count to a duke to a grand duke?
Will there be meaninful benefits that come with each rank?

hopefully, the marshall is the only rank in warband that did anything, and it wasn't really much as the AI marshall did not do tactics as the player would have done.

as in the beta we see different formations and tactics, this may hint ai tactics and strategy would be added, this will of course make the battles harder to win as the player will have to work harder.

Back
Top Bottom