Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kalarhan said:
Lord Brutus said:
that the release of Bannerlord is not imminent.

it was about time I joined @Brutus and @Kataphrakt  :shifty:

in other news:

Vrokerock said:
Any idea what they will show this month?
MP if release is near (within 3 months), otherwise I expect to see more on the campaign map side of things.
Welcome... to the dark side.

Goker said:
Don't think them showing MP will automatically be a sign of release being close.

my reasoning is around the idea of saving the big guns for the PR $$$ phase (near release), when they need flashy or WOW stuff to attract the attention of random players for pre-order / release week.

MP is not a big part of Warband. May be similar in Bannerlord (at release). But it is the sort of thing that sells copies.

Another side of the game they can use is the RPG-centric aspect, by focusing on the player tutorial/storyline/skills like Skyrim/quests/interaction with companions/etc.

The aspect of combat is already covered, so less likely to surprise anyone and build hype at this point.

Stuff like modding, campaign map, crafting a sword, showcasing similarities with Warband, etc look less flashy. Warband veterans want this, but would a random player ?

Then again, that is just my personal impression. That is why they hired a PR company to decide this stuff, instead of asking only one ginger guy  :mrgreen:

578 said:
DanAngleland said:
Kataphrakt said:
I goddamn bet you TW will just have the same demo battles for gamescom as "another opportunity for the press to play it" and thats it, nothing new or important. If it is like that I will delete my forum account, and probably never play warband again and never buy Bannerlord when it comes out. It's plain bull

...how much would you like to bet, then? £1000?

Ah, the white knight himself I see. Still defending the game like you used to, despite of all the **** going on. I guess you could say some people never change.

:roll: With that post, I was not defending anything but logic and sanity. There is no precedent for such an idea as his, it is just ridiculous. I have openly expressed disappointment about the time the game is taking and other negative aspects of the game before, but I will never accept the moronic idea that everyone should indulge in preposterous hyperbole and make baseless statements about the game. It is not the first time I have been called a white knight for questioning this pathetic mindset and not jumping on the bandwagon. It never ceases to amaze and disgust me at how shameless people like you are- criticising someone for not joining in your knowingly incorrect hyperbole and whingefest!! "Who cares if it is true or makes sense, they have been inadequate in some way so we should all stoke our outrage with wild fantasies". There is enough to legitimately criticise them for, why not leave it at that instead of going crazy? Because some people have the need to turn everything into an extreme drama.

"All of the **** going on"- They still haven't provided a release date, yes it's disappointing and frustrating but nobody had any strong reason to expect anything different given the lack of any indication to the contrary in the preceding months. That is the sum total of the "**** going on", but you are acting as if some scandalous revelations had surfaced, it's daft.

Lord Brutus said:
It does not become you.

at least he is not trying (and failing) to be funny :mrgreen:

hint: if you need to repeat a joke, you already failed

DanAngleland said:
Because some people have the need to turn everything into an extreme drama.

well that happens. But you see there is that old Internet truth: "you don't win a Internet discussion". Or in form of a meme:

duty_calls.png

unless you really want to lose your sanity ...

Do you guys think they'll add a Mercenaries/cRPG multiplayer mode or something like that? Would be really cool to have ranks or something that gives multiplayer more importance

Nymeris said:
Do you guys think they'll add a Mercenaries/cRPG multiplayer mode or something like that? Would be really cool to have ranks or something that gives multiplayer more importance

No. Not in a near future.

Duh said:
Brand evaluation is actually often done with focus groups and interviews to gather feelings and impressions.

Naturally, the media is important to grow and shape your brand... but it isn't necessarily the best indicator of brand value (unless there is tons of articles praising/shaming your actions.)

Edith:

o7

Thank you for this. I spilled my soda on my cellphone because of it.

Is it a good idea taht, when in battle, the "outside world" is still moving, so we can see somewhat real time if enemy/allies reinforcement is coming

Anyway, have you ever watch beyond good and evil latest trailer, the zooming from planet to city without lagging is really interesting, i wonder if that technology is implemented bannerlord.  :shock:

Duh said:

This is supposed to be a meme but I actually shed a tear over this vídeo. I may be the only one here, but, I will miss Frank.

I hope we see him Soon™

kalarhan said:
Lord Brutus said:
It does not become you.

at least he is not trying (and failing) to be funny :mrgreen:

hint: if you need to repeat a joke, you already failed

DanAngleland said:
Because some people have the need to turn everything into an extreme drama.

well that happens. But you see there is that old Internet truth: "you don't win a Internet discussion". Or in form of a meme:

duty_calls.png

unless you really want to lose your sanity ...
Hint If you point out a joke where none was intended, you have already failed.  You try to hard to appear a fanboy.

Lord Brutus said:
Hint If you point out a joke where none was intended, you have already failed.  You try to hard to appear a fanboy.

Oh cmon Kalarhan, this is just cruel. You already trolled poor brutieee to the point he doesn't know whats real anymore and wakes in middle of night screaming.
Leave poor boi alone.    ?

WebSite said:
New dev blog literally just went up on steam.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1439316518687704565

Translation:
"We still gonna show you **** about game but hey, look how happy and handsome are our employees who absolutely not posing for log."

So this is new PR in action. wow :eek:
Personally I wanna interview with their janitor. Dealing with so much crap daily must be tough.

That might be an improvement but it seems to me they are still not able to solve their problems and they want to inform us by publishing blog so that they can delay the release date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom