Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Johan_Stormcloak said:
Maybe we are all just in the Twilight Zone and there is no Bannerlord. We are stuck in some sort of other dimension or dreamworld  where we are eternally taunted by the hope of getting the game.
N... No... Thi... We... We are in HELL :twisted: :evil:  :twisted: :evil:

Kagos said:
VictorF said:
You know, TW is like that chick (or dude) that keeps tauting you and never really lets you know if you have a chance with her. You can never just get over her cause she never lets you go. When you think she is in, nah, "I'm not ready for a relationship yet", but if you try to move on, "heeey, I missed you! Here, have this sweet b*** ***, I feel like I'll be ready soon°".

I just wanna know if the game is gonna be ready this year or not. If not, please, just let me get over it and move on with my life, I promisse to check the forums again in 6 months or so. Just let me know WHEN YOU BELIEVE IT'S GONNA BE OUT, I beg you!

I KNOW YOU HAVE AN ESTIMATE. Just say it. Pretty please?
I've been giving everyone the completely no bull**** answer to this question since January. Not my fault nobody wants to hear it.

There. Will. Not. Be. A. Release. Not happening. Bannerlord is PR for Warband. That's it. That's why every time the community starts to drop off they release another tiny hint about BL to blueball everyone into staying. It's like shoveling coal into a boiler. Gotta keep the hype train rollin to keep the money flowin. You might as well wait 2k years like we have for a certain other totally-any-day-now event.

He hath returned! Let us rejoice brothers for our OUR PROPHET HATH RETURNED!

Bannerlord is happening, but in 2018 and that's with some luck.

I doubt we'll see a release without seeing a beta first due to the buggy, extensive nature of such a game, thus why 2018 release, and, at much, 2017 beta. Don't expect the beta to be anything similar to release, either, so don't get too hyped for it.

Lust: "We're not confirming anything in stone but we are aiming for a Q3 2018 to Q1 2019 release date.
Players: "Yay!"
*many months pass*

Lust: "Here is our latest devblog detailing how we manage time, workflow and resources at TaleWorlds to give you an idea of what's going on here as we develop Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord."
Players: "But... the release date..."
Lust: "What do you mean? This is the release date!"

Druidic said:
Lust: "We're not confirming anything in stone but we are aiming for a Q3 2018 to Q1 2019 release date.
Players: "Yay!"
*many months pass*

Lust: "Here is our latest devblog detailing how we manage time, workflow and resources at TaleWorlds to give you an idea of what's going on here as we develop Mount and Blade II: Bannerlord."
Players: "But... the release date..."
Lust: "What do you mean? This is the release date!"
That's more cancerous than Teemo.

Refer to post: Early access game adding paid dlc before finishing their game. And not to mention they raised the game's cost to AAA Prices at $59.99 usd not including dlc, and it's still not finished yet.

sebal87 said:
Why all the hate on EA? As far as i remember the first Mount and Blade was kinda EA. I remember it being far from finished but still enjoyable. The endresult was great too.
They also started selling it cheap and steadily increased price as game grew and even then you paid peanuts for vanilla. M&B was EA done right, but lately it's used to either milk cash before the product is finished or as an excuse to postpone proper polish indefinitely. Or both.

Jacobhinds said:
sebal87 said:
Why all the hate on Early Access?

Because it is disingenuous. You are exploiting people's expectations by selling them an unfinished, unpolished game at full price, but promising more in the future as long as more people get involved and support the team. It's pyramid scheming 101.

I think so too. My statement was false in that case. I was refering to the ea taleworlds did with original M&B as an good example and not ea in general as of today. I think it was great (maybe just because of some kind of nostalgia and because of the fact that it was exactly the kind of game i wanted since i started pc gaming)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom