Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goker said:
Varrak said:
Narlan said:
I have read somewhere that they get public funding (nevermind, thar somewhere is the previous page). Is that true ? If true, don't look further to know why they can afford such choices. But I realy want to know if it is true...

There is no evidence of that, this is only speculation made by fans. In my opinion there is no funding etc.
Not necessarily. I think this post proves that they at least got some help from the government in the past and were keeping the government up to date on what they were doing.

Frank_TaleWorlds said:
Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Captain Lust said:
The video is legit and that is Armağan :grin:. That was actually a small demo we put together to show to the Turkish government but it was used at whatever function that was, inside the university we're attached to. We decided it wasn't really of a standard to show to players and didn't really reflect the state of the game well enough. What you can see there is (as translated) the inventory screen, the party screen and the encyclopedia. Needless to say, they're all work in progress and a lot of what's seen there has undergone significant changes.

Are you sponsored by the Turkish government now?
Governments tend to get involved in technological industries. We're the biggest serious operational game developer in the country and we work in a "teknokent" which is a sort of government sponsored science park, of which there are a number throughout Ankara and (I think) the country. It's only natural they want some sort of report on what we're up to.

Having said that, the video wasn't taken from a government presentation. It's just some sort of function in the local university. Armağan was invited to give a presentation... they're always after a piece of him :grin:.

According to that, Government doesn't specially fund Taleworlds, but Teknokent as a whole, and Taleworlds just benefits by being in Teknokent.

The statement does not deny the potential for the government funding TW, nor does it explicitly state it. It would be silly to expect an explicit statement saying they get money. But there are signs of it around.

http://www.dw.com/en/political-checkmate-for-turkeys-game-developers/a-19486670
To improve conditions for Turkish developers, the Game Developers Association of Turkey (TOGED) was founded in 2014. TOGED is tasked with representing developers, both on the international market and with the Turkish government. Although developers receive state funding, there's still room for improvement.

"That's why we founded TOGED," said Ufuk Sahin, the association's vice chairman. "So that we can explain to the government what we're doing and how they can support us."

If you look TOGED's website, you'll find that the Chairman of the Board is TW's managing director. http://www.toged.org/about-us/?lang=en

Be it direct funding or subsidizing, the government seems to be involved somehow and that's a good thing.

Turkish forum thread about the Minister of Economy visiting Taleworlds and talking about existing support from government.

Yazılım sektörüne verilen ihracat desteklerinin varlığından bahseden Çağlayan, firmalara çağrıda bulunarak, desteklerden daha yoğun faydalanmaya çağırdı.

Firma yetkilileri Armağan Yavuz ve Ali Erkin de kabulde, firmaları hakkında bilgi verdi. Sektörün önünün çok açık olduğunu belirten firma yetkilileri, bu alanda Türkiye’nin büyük potansiyeli olduğunu, Ekonomi Bakanlığı’nın desteklerinden yararlandıklarını ifade ederek, Bakan Çağlayan'a göstermiş olduğu alakadan dolayı teşekkür ettiler.
Economy Minister Çağlayan, who talked about supporting the exporting of software goods, called on the companies make more use of said support.

Armağan Yavuz and Ali Erkin provided information about their company. They thanked the Economy Minister Çağlayan after talking about the future of the industry, Turkey's potential in this industry and the help they're getting from the ministry of economy.

What DrTomas said is really interesting they should speack more about modding tools and maybe realease them if possible even if they not finished the game like that modders could advance their mods very fast !

DrTomas said:
Remember another game (Duke Nukem Forever) that was not going to be released until it's "perfect"? Remember how it turned out after the release? I `member....

You know what might be great? Is to get the modding community involved and playing with their "modding kit" sooner rather then latter. After all, mods is one of the reasons both original m&b and warband did well.

This. So much this. /\

argon45 said:
Oyungezer (Turkish Game Magazine) played Bannerlord with Armagan Yavuz:
argon45 said:

Skipping the introduction parts and the parts that I feel weren't interesting.

Oyungezer: For us, it's not just about the game being good but also feeling proud of it. I will be playing a Turkish game for the first time on E3. A few other games were here before, you were allowing playtime last year as well but I never had the chance. I never played Bannerlord before, I mean I did the last time I visited you, but I was just taken out on a stroll through the villages (in game) so I never got to see the combat parts. There are 3 demos, which one would you recommend?

Armağan: The demos have combat but none of them put as us the battle commander. In the first one, you command the cavalry, the second one is for commanding the horse archers. The third one is for experts of the game, a bit more difficult version of the demo.

Oyungezer: Let's not get into the difficult part, don't want to be embarrassed. (laughs)

Armağan: Then let's the do the horse archer one.

Oyungezer: Desert map.

Armağan: Yeah, this is the desert map. Right now you need to command your soldiers, the commander can give directives occasionally. The easiest command is to use F1 - F3 to have them follow you.

Oyungezer: Follow me! Let's see...they're following me. I can see a list of my soldiers. 61 swordsman, 37 archers, 35 cavalry, 71 horse archers. Oh, we have a lot of soldiers.

Armağan: Yeah, you're only commanding the 71 horse archers, the rest are with the battle commander.

Oyungezer: Okay, so we'll harass the enemy. Are those the enemy?

Armağan: Yeah, those red ones. Since you're a horse archer, you can only fire to your left. Can't draw the bow to your right. So you need to move counter-clockwise to the enemy.

Oyungezer: So we need to flank from the right?

Armağan: Yeah, yeah, flank from the right.

Skipping a bit, nothing much of substance here.

3:35

A: Our main host has met the enemy and are engaging, you should probably help them.

O: Should I just randomly shoot there? Would I hurt our own guys?

A: Yeah, if you fire randomly, you can hurt your teammates. Your soldiers wouldn't but you could.

A: The best tactic for cavalry is to never stop moving, don't get bunched up.

4:40

O:The effects look very nice. It looks like the dust is rising from horse movements and the wind.

A: Yeah, the desert ambiance looks good, doesn't it?

5:00

O: So which factions are these?

A: We are Khuzaits and the enemies are Aserai.

O: So we're a bit like Mongols and the Aserai are kinda Arabic?

A: Yeah, Khuzaits are Turk-Mongol themed, yeah.

O: I mean, I'm not playing too well here but the game doesn't feel strange to me, it's alike Warband and I got used to it quickly. I played Warband for a couple of hundred hours. There seems to be more movement, more animations. Are we winning, by the way?

A: Actually, you're losing badly.

O: (laughs) Are we? Well, the cavalry wasn't moving. Our commander must be bad then.

A: (laughs)

O: Let me see. Oh, pretty much everyone has died. We've got about 15 men left.

A: Well, your 15 men could be enough for the rest of the enemies.

O: Yeah, they got a bit separated. Our commander gave the order to fall back but no. My men won't run away, right? As long as I'm here?

A: Yeah, you are their commander. Your men won't run away unless you give the order.

O: Alright, I'll kill the enemy first and go after our commander later. (both laugh) Is that not the tradition?

A: Just as you were saying that...

O: Yeah, just as I was saying that, didn't turn out that way. Not only they put me down but also stepped on me. :sad:

O: That was good for a first try. Do I quit now?

A: Return to the game, press TAB and then "Fall back", because the battle is still going on. You could watch the fight if you want, your soldiers can win after you fall.

O: The archery was very good. Shall we try Vlandia now?

7:50

O: I'm commanding the cavalry now. This time I have 37 cavalry, but the commander has 88 swordsman, 66 archers, and another 29 cavalry under him.

O: There are lots of formations and commands here. I suppose they're controlled by the other F buttons.

A: Yes, you could tell them to face a certain way, to get off their horses, allow them to fire at will, different commands like that.

O: Compared to Warband, there are lots of orders to give.

A: Yeah, compared to Warband, the formations are completely new. It is much easier to give commands and lead the soldiers to different positions. You can hold the left mouse button and line them up

O: Alright, we're given a command now, being told to flank from the left.

A: Hmm, you're being told to engage the horse archers. There must be some horse archers around here. Look, they're right there.

O: Oh, I missed. Thankfully my men are better than me.

O: This map looks like a steppe map. What other types are there?

A: In the campaign, the type of land you are on dictates the map type. It could be snowy, when it is winter, the snow is automatically there. If it is raining on the campaign map, the battle map has rain as well.

12:00
O: Is there a mini-map?

A: No, we didn't put one on purpose. It could be done but we didn't want to disrupt that feeling of being an ordinary man on the battlefield. Modders will certainly add minimaps but it doesn't look like we will.

O: Are those our guys?

A: Yeah, looks like the commander pulled them back, they're reorganizing and will attack again.

O: Come on, commander.

O: Yeah, the order to attack has come in.

A: It looks like your infantry lost the initial fight and your archers tried to pull back to the hill. Now the enemy's main force is moving on your archers.

O: By the way, we got a skill point. I suppose we are called "Eren"? The character name seems to be that.

A: Yes.

O: Do the horses ever get tired?

A: No, they don't run out of stamina. They can get hurt though.

O: But it does feel like you increased the amount of health points for the purposed of this demo.

A: Yeah, since people can be lacking in experience, we did that.

- Battle ends with the player dying -
O: Well, it looks like we were going to win. So we can fast-forward at this point, to see the result.

O: It does the fast-forwarding quite fast. Yes, we won. Anyways, it is very enjoyable. Has been years since I played Warband so I wasn't very good but mechanically, it's not too different. It feels like a continuation of Warband. Hoping to see more game modes at Gamescom.

O: No release date yet?

A: No, since we don't know the release date either, we can't say anything about that.

Goker said:
argon45 said:
argon45 said:

Oyungezer: For us, it's not just about the game being good but also feeling proud of it. I will be playing a Turkish game for the first time on E3. A few other games were here before, you were allowing playtime last year as well but I never had the chance. I never played Bannerlord before, I mean I did the last time I visited you, but I was just taken out on a stroll through the villages (in game) so I never got to see the combat parts. There are 3 demos, which one would you recommend?

Armağan: The demos have combat but none of them put as us the battle commander. In the first one, you command the cavalry, the second one is for commanding the horse archers. The third one is for experts of the game, a bit more difficult version of the demo.

Oyungezer: Let's not get into the difficult part, don't want to be embarrassed. (laughs)

Armağan: Yeah, this is the desert map. Right now you need to command your soldiers, the commander can give directives occasionally. The easiest command is to use F1 - F3 to have them follow you.

Oyungezer: Follow me! Let's see...they're following me. I can see a list of my soldiers. 61 swordsman, 37 archers, 35 cavalry, 71 horse archers. Oh, we have a lot of soldiers.

Armağan: Yeah, you're only commanding the 71 horse archers, the rest are with the battle commander.

Armağan: Yeah, those red ones. Since you're a horse archer, you can only fire to your left. Can't draw the bow to your right. So you need to move counter-clockwise to the enemy.

A: Our main host has met the enemy and are engaging, you should probably help them.

A: Yeah, if you fire randomly, you can hurt your teammates. Your soldiers wouldn't but you could.

O:The effects look very nice. It looks like the dust is rising from horse movements and the wind.

O: I mean, I'm not playing too well here but the game doesn't feel strange to me, it's alike Warband and I got used to it quickly. I played Warband for a couple of hundred hours. There seems to be more movement, more animations. Are we winning, by the way?

O: (laughs) Are we? Well, the cavalry wasn't moving. Our commander must be bad then.

O: Yeah, they got a bit separated. Our commander gave the order to fall back but no. My men won't run away, right? As long as I'm here?

A: Yeah, you are their commander. Your men won't run away unless you give the order.

O: Alright, I'll kill the enemy first and go after our commander later. (both laugh) Is that not the tradition?

O: Yeah, just as I was saying that, didn't turn out that way. Not only they put me down but also stepped on me. :sad:

A: Return to the game, press TAB and then "Fall back", because the battle is still going on. You could watch the fight if you want, your soldiers can win after you fall.

O: I'm commanding the cavalry now. This time I have 37 cavalry, but the commander has 88 swordsman, 66 archers, and another 29 cavalry under him.

O: There are lots of formations and commands here. I suppose they're controlled by the other F buttons.

A: Yes, you could tell them to face a certain way, to get off their horses, allow them to fire at will, different commands like that.

A: Yeah, compared to Warband, the formations are completely new. It is much easier to give commands and lead the soldiers to different positions. You can hold the left mouse button and line them up

A: Hmm, you're being told to engage the horse archers. There must be some horse archers around here. Look, they're right there.

A: In the campaign, the type of land you are on dictates the map type. It could be snowy, when it is winter, the snow is automatically there. If it is raining on the campaign map, the battle map has rain as well.

A: No, we didn't put one on purpose. It could be done but we didn't want to disrupt that feeling of being an ordinary man on the battlefield. Modders will certainly add minimaps but it doesn't look like we will.

A: Yeah, looks like the commander pulled them back, they're reorganizing and will attack again.

A: It looks like your infantry lost the initial fight and your archers tried to pull back to the hill. Now the enemy's main force is moving on your archers.

O: By the way, we got a skill point. I suppose we are called "Eren"? The character name seems to be that.

A: No, they don't run out of stamina. They can get hurt.

O: But it does feel like you increased the amount of health points for the purposed of this demo.

O: Well, it looks like we were going to win. So we can fast-forward at this point, to see the result.

O: It does the fast-forwarding quite fast. Yes, we won. Anyways, it is very enjoyable. Has been years since I played Warband so I wasn't very good but mechanically, it's not too different. It feels like a continuation of Warband. Hoping to see more game modes at Gamescom.

A: No, since we don't know the release date either, we can't say anything about that.

You're a damn saviour. I'll soon take the time to read it all. God bless you.

Modedit: Sorry, I wanted to edit a part of the translation but edited this by mistake. -.-

My edit: No worries man! :wink:

Goker said:

...Thanks again Goker...!

ciauz^^,
Jab

Goker said:
argon45 said:
argon45 said:

A: No, since we don't know the release date either, we can't say anything about that.[/spoiler]

We don't know about the release date either

Bahahahahahahahaha  :oops: :oops: :oops:

this is almost Duke Nukem FOREVER levels of frustration and despair.

To be honest, "No release date" has always been their way of doing things. They're not bound by publisher obligations, I assume they're doing well financially so that's not an issue (otherwise they'd be looking to make money earlier), and they can work on the game as much as they want to. No release date in this instance seems to mean "We're not bound by dates and we're just looking to polish it as much as we can" rather than "We have no idea what we're doing".

This game may be released by the time E3 becomes E4......  :razz:

But seriously, it was good to see the graphical improvements. Here's hoping we can get more of a look of the gameplay (campaign map etc) soon or at least some comments on progress.

I agree that more communication could be better, but I'm still enjoying WB with mods and am content to wait until they finally release BL.

And that will be a sad day I'm sure because I will have to  put WB out to pasture as I take in the new game.....

Gab-AG. said:
Well the fact they didn't say anything about it this year means that they either want to do us a surprise or they're just being more careful so that we don't expect too much. I guess it's the latter.

I hope so. My problem with surprise releases is: if it's gonna happen, we won't even have a chance to give feedback. Not sure about you guys, but I'm concerned the game is approaching the finish line and we don't know anything about a few core components of the game, like the character development system(apart from the existence of perks,skills and traits). If I got it right, they went back to the drawing board a few times to get it right. My guess is, it must have been very tricky to design it,and perhaps there's still no consensus among them. I can't see how feedback wouldn't be useful in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom