Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be fine with them taking as much time as is needed in their eyes to perfect the game. It'll be one of the few games I'd deign to fork out money for and I wholeheartedly support their decision to release it whenever they please, giving us whatever information they please, when they deem fit.
It's much, much, MUCH, better than the sorry excuses for "games" that companies have pumped out recently.

I've been waiting for the game the same amount of time as you guys and I'd wait longer if needed.

Grumpy181155 said:
Machiavelli15 said:
Im sure we will get a Releasedate at Gamescom this year or a short time after that

You mean like SOON after that eh?

Ahhh Gamescom, since E3 is pretty much over and there won't be any more news, time to start speculating about Gamescom.
In regards of a release date, imho, it could go three ways:

1. Soon
2. We'll release it when we're happy with it
3. Release date announced, too bad it's 2020

Yus. These will be two fun months to wait.

Remember another game (Duke Nukem Forever) that was not going to be released until it's "perfect"? Remember how it turned out after the release? I `member....

You know what might be great? Is to get the modding community involved and playing with their "modding kit" sooner rather then latter. After all, mods is one of the reasons both original m&b and warband did well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca1mKpOerCc&t=18m10s

In 2016, Managing Director Ali Erkin said "We may announce release date in Gamescom", for 2016 Gamescom (They didn't).  So they really though that they are finished the game and it is ready to release, but somehow they changed their mind and now it is not even clear if they will be able to release in 2017 or not. They need to fire current managers and hire one better manager who actually knows the development stages.

Varrak said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca1mKpOerCc&t=18m10s

In 2016, Managing Director Ali Erkin said "We may announce release date in Gamescom", for 2016 Gamescom (They didn't).  So they really though that they are finished the game and it is ready to release, but somehow they changed their mind and now it is not even clear if they will be able to release in 2017 or not. They need to fire current managers and hire one better manager who actually knows the development stages.

Well the fact they didn't say anything about it this year means that they either want to do us a surprise or they're just being more careful so that we don't expect too much. I guess it's the latter.

Gab-AG. said:
Well the fact they didn't say anything about it this year

Actually they did, Ali Erkin from TW told PC GAMER that "Even if we missed our target in 2016, we are confident to ourselves that we will be able to release in this (2017) year"

http://www.oyunfest.com/pc-gamer-mountblade-ii-bannerlord-dosya-konusu-cevirisi.html

Varrak said:
Gab-AG. said:
Well the fact they didn't say anything about it this year

Actually they did, Ali Erkin from TW told PC GAMER that "Even if we missed our target in 2016, we are confident to ourselves that we will be able to release in this (2017) year"

http://www.oyunfest.com/pc-gamer-mountblade-ii-bannerlord-dosya-konusu-cevirisi.html

Hehe was talking about Gamescom. But in any case, they were confident last year too, so let's hope they don't miss again. ^^

I have read somewhere that they get public funding (nevermind, thar somewhere is the previous page). Is that true ? If true, don't look further to know why they can afford such choices. But I realy want to know if it is true...

Narlan said:
I have read somewhere that they get public funding (nevermind, thar somewhere is the previous page). Is that true ? If true, don't look further to know why they can afford such choices. But I realy want to know if it is true...

There is no evidence of that, this is only speculation made by fans. In my opinion there is no funding etc.

Goker said:
MK: Lastly, Bannerlord is a highly anticipated game both in our country and globally. You've been developing it for a long while. Any information on the release date, can you tell us how much of the development is done?
AY: We're not giving a release date because we don't necessarily have a date on our own minds either. When it's done, when we're happy with it, we're going to release it. As for how much of it is finished, most of it is currently done.
MK: Can we say that you're doing the finishing touches?
AY: Yeah, we're doing the finishing touches. When we're sure of it, when we're sure that the product won't result in negative feedback from the players, we'll release it.
Are you ****ing kidding me? This company is a joke. I'm just reading this now. Didn't some executive say in a PC gamer article that despite missing the 2016 target, they were confident of a 2017 timeframe? Now it's all just up in the air. And on some obscure Turkish language interview? Yea, **** this. I don't need this.

RoboSenshi said:
Goker said:
MK: Lastly, Bannerlord is a highly anticipated game both in our country and globally. You've been developing it for a long while. Any information on the release date, can you tell us how much of the development is done?
AY: We're not giving a release date because we don't necessarily have a date on our own minds either. When it's done, when we're happy with it, we're going to release it. As for how much of it is finished, most of it is currently done.
MK: Can we say that you're doing the finishing touches?
AY: Yeah, we're doing the finishing touches. When we're sure of it, when we're sure that the product won't result in negative feedback from the players, we'll release it.
Are you **** kidding me? This company is a joke. I'm just reading this now. Didn't some executive say in a PC gamer article that despite missing the 2016 target, they were confident of a 2017 timeframe? Now it's all just up in the air. And on some obscure Turkish language interview? Yea, **** this. I don't need this.

Varrak said:
Narlan said:

There is no evidence of that, this is only speculation made by fans. In my opinion there is no funding etc.
Not necessarily. I think this post proves that they at least got some help from the government in the past and were keeping the government up to date on what they were doing.

Frank_TaleWorlds said:
Suspicious Pilgrim said:
Captain Lust said:
The video is legit and that is Armağan :grin:. That was actually a small demo we put together to show to the Turkish government but it was used at whatever function that was, inside the university we're attached to. We decided it wasn't really of a standard to show to players and didn't really reflect the state of the game well enough. What you can see there is (as translated) the inventory screen, the party screen and the encyclopedia. Needless to say, they're all work in progress and a lot of what's seen there has undergone significant changes.

Are you sponsored by the Turkish government now?
Governments tend to get involved in technological industries. We're the biggest serious operational game developer in the country and we work in a "teknokent" which is a sort of government sponsored science park, of which there are a number throughout Ankara and (I think) the country. It's only natural they want some sort of report on what we're up to.

Having said that, the video wasn't taken from a government presentation. It's just some sort of function in the local university. Armağan was invited to give a presentation... they're always after a piece of him :grin:.

i think they really give us this year a Releasedate and they handle it like a surprise. everybody thinks they never release it or they release it soon, they know that, they know that many people are angry and thats the reason why i think that they give us a big suprise this year. the game is in the end of the developement there is not much more to make, i dont think that they develope it for more 2 or 10 years.

but however maybe i know nothing  :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom