Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
creuzet said:
VictorF said:
I wish they never left Paradox. That's one of the reasons pr for this game is so bad and deadlines so neglected. I guess in the end greed caused this. And an obsessive behavior towards a childish definition of perfection.

Well, back to steam greenlight. Amazing games being made and released there!

The last thing we need is Bannerlord divided in a dozen DLCs.

In truth though, and to be fair to Paradox, it's hardly ever that you need all DLC. I've recently gotten into Crusader Kings 2 after just bouncing off it in 2012. Looking through the list of DLC for that game there strikes me as only a handful that are "essential" and the rest are "if ya feel like it" category. Plus the base game has so much to offer that it hardly strikes me as being cut-content but more useful expansions to an already great game.

I actually hope most of the game is done. Last year they said they wanted the game out and in our hands in some sort of form at the end of that year.
Who knows if they are actually telling the truth now?

And I know that game development can take a long time and games can get delayed by unforseen problems but still, at this point I will keep doubting TaleWorlds till I have the actual game installed. (Or beta for that matter)

kalarhan said:
HUMMAN said:
taking advantage of their loyal fanbase.

lol

they should just create free games and give them out for players, who needs money to keep the lights on anyway  :lol:

It's not untrue that their fanbase is quite loyal (only in recent years has the company stopped being so niche), and it's not untrue either that their dlc are quite expensive for what they offer. They have also recently increased prices to a lot of old products for no good reason.

DanAngleland said:
Short of saying "There definitely won't be a release date!" they couldn't have done anymore to keep peoples' expectations in check.
These tweets definitely did not help to dissuade the public's fervent belief that this was gonna be it.

Gab-AG. said:
"Hopefully everyone's tuning in to the PC Gaming Show..."

"Our E3 starts at the #pcgamingshow - tune in for Bannerlord! 10:00 PDT/18:00 BST - https://www.pcgamingshow.com/  @pcgamer"
I thought the "Hope everyone is tuning in..." tweet was a bit leading, I'm sure others thought so as well.

In fact, here's one.

Hlqzv.png

It doesn't take much to realize that the community will jump on chance to get information and get carried away with it. Heck, having so many interested people should be a blessing. I think steps should have been taken to deescalate the issue and manage people's expectations. Then again, making a better presentation would have solved everything, regardless of that.

I don't understand why they couldn't have said what Armağan said in the interview that I translated. "We're showing combat and battle systems, no release date yet." No one would be disappointed at the lack of information, though I can't say the same about the videos themselves.

Goker said:
It doesn't take much to realize that the community will jump on chance to get information and get carried away with it. Heck, having so many interested people should be a blessing. I think steps should have been taken to deescalate the issue and manage people's expectations. Then again, making a better presentation would have solved everything, regardless of that.

I don't understand why they couldn't have said what Armağan said in the interview that I translated. "We're showing combat and battle systems, no release date yet." No one would be disappointed at the lack of information, though I can't say the same about the videos themselves.

Bingo but then again Armagan gave this interview in Turkish too and no one at TaleWorlds has thought that maybe this sort of thing ought to be stated in English. I mean you'd think that this would be a no-brainer but apparently it isn't which just speaks volumes.

The way TW handles PR is pretty bizarre, especially when it's obvious that they've got things to show and they sort of listen to the community  ( a Freelancer style feature was also highly requested).

Balexander said:
MK: Lastly, Bannerlord is a highly anticipated game both in our country and globally. You've been developing it for a long while. Any information on the release date, can you tell us how much of the development is done?

AY: We're not giving a release date because we don't necessarily have a date on our own minds either. When it's done, when we're happy with it, we're going to release it. As for how much of it is finished, most of it is currently done.

MK: Can we say that you're doing the finishing touches?

AY: Yeah, we're doing the finishing touches. When we're sure of it, when we're sure that the product won't result in negative feedback from the players, we'll release it.

So it has passed from "in player's hands this year" to "we don't necessarily have a date on our own minds either. When it's done, when we're happy with it, we're going to release it"..........

Are you ****ing joking, Taleworlds?

I gotta say that assassin's creed in ancient egypt got me way more excited than tw's presentation. Maybe is the knowledge that ubisoft actually gave a release date and I can pretty much trust the game is going to be realeased in a reasonable amount of time, with proper information exchange and media. Too bad it is an inferior game to bannerlord... well, you gottqa stick with what is real and concrete.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,366054.75.html
This new CM seems pretty good. Mainly because he will actually respond and be truthful with the answers instead of  giving half-truths or vague answers.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. I hope the AI orders will at least reflect the situation on the battlefield.

HUMMAN said:
Disobedience to the commanders order has no penalty.

I am also a bit sad about it. It would've felt much more immersive and realistic for a 'Sergeant' or generally a detachment commander to be punished in some way for not following orders or AT LEAST to be rewarded for completing them, that way the player would be encouraged to follow the orders.

But hey, perhaps some others like it how it is. Nothing big, I'm sure mods will cover that.

Auldman said:
Armagan gave this interview in Turkish too and no one at TaleWorlds has thought that maybe this sort of thing ought to be stated in English. I mean you'd think that this would be a no-brainer but apparently it isn't which just speaks volumes.

That was one interview, one that someone found and brought to our attention here. It doesn't mean there won't be other interviews in English and we wouldn't know about it if someone hadn't dug it up. It's not as if Taleworlds said "This is the only interview we are doing and we are releasing it to the world now, work hard at translating it if you want answers".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom