Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duh said:
To quote Captain Lust prior to his employment:
Frank_TaleWorlds said:
Taleworlds is a company with 20 or so employees. It's not Indie anymore. It really is time for them to get real and start thinking about how they're going to interact with their community. Autistically ignoring us just isn't good enough and they can't hide behind the "Indie" veil when the series has sold a million copies. Mount&Blade 2 is coming and it's going to be one of the big PC releases of the year (whichever year it comes out).

How did you even find this  :iamamoron: Trolls got so silent after this quote. A little bit more transparent and open communication wouldn't hurt TW or the community. Lets try it *pokes TW*

@Duh
I agree with Tw s policy to let player explore the beauty. If you dont, thats an another argument. So in these many years they have to keep hype and share little about the game? Its not easy, looking through the past, what they could do. Showing attention to community, like ask fm, talking about game. If any developer would talk to fans in forum (gkx does that) that would be great. Other than that, i can still imagine people complaning about no information, crying for release date maybe with less blaming since Tw would be more friendly.

Duh said:
HUMMAN said:
It  is kinda true though, one will never be satisfied and will want more until the release of the game, every new information released so far made people ask for more.
That argument is a bit silly. Sure, some people will never be satisfied, but with good PR most folks can be pleased. And that is clearly beneficial. Otherwise companies wouldn't bother to share information at all..

They are sharing because it's a free marketing. They are sharing scripted scenarios with fake voice coms pre rendered gameplay with little similarity to end product with downgraded graphics and missing features. They hype the game for gamers. And they will take care of the rest. Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook. Free marketing.
I am not sure why TaleWorld Entertainment do not wish this free marketing. Maybe they don't want players to overhype the game like Hello Games. I know that is extreme comparison but they are of opposite mind set.
You would not see people pleased with demo. Yes it would please some people, but not the ones that would go to ***** to twitter. Because they would ***** about size of demo.
Also regular updates  would make people very hyped. Because Bannerlord fans are hype people. They want to keep it subtle .

Also one think not in your post but post you were reacting to:
Indie studio means that they FUND games themselves or by other alternative means like crowd funding campaign. You can have 500 people indie studio. Like Blizzard Entertainment is in essence indie studio, because they fund games themselves AND develop them inhouse.
Bethesda is on the other hand mostly publisher. Thus they pay other studios for development, and they do marketing for games they fund, they also hold the author rights to games they fund.

Indie studio: Develop inhouse, market themselves, fund themselves, publish themselves.

HUMMAN said:
@Duh
I agree with Tw s policy to let player explore the beauty.
What does that even mean? Nobody can explore their game as of now.

HUMMAN said:
So in these many years they have to keep hype and share little about the game? Its not easy, looking through the past, what they could do.
Check the indie dev log. Or what they did for the original m&b. An inclusive development process keeps the hype going by continously engaging the community.

HUMMAN said:
If any developer would talk to fans in forum (gkx does that) that would be great.
Yup.

HUMMAN said:
Other than that, i can still imagine people complaning about no information, crying for release date maybe with less blaming since Tw would be more friendly.
Again the point isn't that there are some people who complain. There always were, always are, always will be some. Their policy determines how many people make up that segment .

------

They are sharing because it's a free marketing.
That and feedback can (sometimes) help with the final product.

I am not sure why TaleWorld Entertainment do not wish this free marketing. Maybe they don't want players to overhype the game like Hello Games. I know that is extreme comparison but they are of opposite mind set. You would not see people pleased with demo. Yes it would please some people, but not the ones that would go to ***** to twitter. Because they would ***** about size of demo.
It is all speculation, but I would wager they would piss off fewer people if they pursued a different policy.

Also regular updates  would make people very hyped. Because Bannerlord fans are hype people. They want to keep it subtle.
Completely und utterly depends on the tone of the updates. It is perfectly possible to share information in a reasonable, level-headed way. See, for instance, the blog I shared previously.

In regards to the Indie definition - Absolutely true, though I think folks are referring to the tolerance that is granted to small, indie developers rather than big ones.

laius said:
owo here's something new
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UgNVFnlYg0

don't know what they're saying tho

One new thing i heard from the Merlinin Kazanı employee, he said that "We execute shield bashing with kicking button." If he was right, maybe they removed kicking feature for adding shield bashing? Or maybe they moved kicking to another button.

Armağan said that "We cannot give any release date, we will release when we will be happy about the game. But most of the game is done, we are finishing details."
Armağan also mentioned that there are some advanced formations, such as lining and "making a circle". This is a new info i think.

Rest of the video is just common discussing about demos we already know; animations, maps, graphics, advanced formations, attack chaining etc etc.

Dendrym said:
Duh said:
HUMMAN said:
It  is kinda true though, one will never be satisfied and will want more until the release of the game, every new information released so far made people ask for more.
That argument is a bit silly. Sure, some people will never be satisfied, but with good PR most folks can be pleased. And that is clearly beneficial. Otherwise companies wouldn't bother to share information at all..

They are sharing because it's a free marketing. They are sharing scripted scenarios with fake voice coms pre rendered gameplay with little similarity to end product with downgraded graphics and missing features. They hype the game for gamers. And they will take care of the rest. Reddit, Twitter, YouTube, Facebook. Free marketing.
I am not sure why TaleWorld Entertainment do not wish this free marketing. Maybe they don't want players to overhype the game like Hello Games. I know that is extreme comparison but they are of opposite mind set.
You would not see people pleased with demo. Yes it would please some people, but not the ones that would go to ***** to twitter. Because they would ***** about size of demo.
Also regular updates  would make people very hyped. Because Bannerlord fans are hype people. They want to keep it subtle .

Also one think not in your post but post you were reacting to:
Indie studio means that they FUND games themselves or by other alternative means like crowd funding campaign. You can have 500 people indie studio. Like Blizzard Entertainment is in essence indie studio, because they fund games themselves AND develop them inhouse.
Bethesda is on the other hand mostly publisher. Thus they pay other studios for development, and they do marketing for games they fund, they also hold the author rights to games they fund.

Indie studio: Develop inhouse, market themselves, fund themselves, publish themselves.

Blizzard also release leaks from time to time for fans to get the hype going but never under official statements. Taleworlds on the other hand does **** all with marketing. I love the fact RPS got into their 'mock' mode and wrote some very small ****e about them like ''Release date: Never''. Its the way of RPS saying they're pissed off.

Varrak said:
laius said:
owo here's something new

One new thing i heard from the Merlinin Kazanı employee, he said that "We execute shield bashing with kicking button." If he was right, maybe they removed kicking feature for adding shield bashing? Or maybe they moved kicking to another button.

Armağan said that "We cannot give any release date, we will release when we will be happy about the game. But most of the game is done, we are finishing details."
Armağan also mentioned that there are some advanced formations, such as lining and "making a circle". This is a new info i think.

Rest of the video is just common discussing about demos we already know; animations, maps, graphics, advanced formations, attack chaining etc etc.

Thank you for your service to the community.

See y'all next year boys. Nothing to see here.

It would be nice if in bannerlord we could be made commanders of some troop formations (as is speculated in some yt videos about the e3 trailers) it would add a whole new layer to politics, afterall if your kingdoms new marshal whose appointment you opposed and who particularly disliked you could give you weak troops (or let you keep command of your personal troops) and send you on 'suicide missions' during siege or use you as a meat shield. And if you yourselff are a marshal or king even it could strain your relationship with other lords is you give them jobs that cost them half thier army roster while your own stayed relatively fresh and unbloodied during battle. It would make maintending relationships and politics amogst lords of the same kingdom much more important and rewarding.

There really should be an bannerlord subformun on this site, i don't even know if speculations go into this topic.

E3 was just a excuse for a holiday......... and as an afterthought they took some short cobbled together battle vids to throw into the show

Varrak said:
laius said:
owo here's something new

Hm, maybe you can't kick if you are holding a shield

Iberian Wolf said:
Varrak said:
laius said:
owo here's something new

Hm, maybe you can't kick if you are holding a shield

Much probably you can't kick while holding your shield up (right click) because that would be odd, but you can probably kick if your shield's down.

Wait what ?
"Most of the game is done, we are finishing details" but still no release date, or AT LEAST no freaking release windows, the hype will be restored if they announce something like "Fall 2017" or "Early 2018".

Hark said:

Wait what ?
"Most of the game is done, we are finishing details" but still no release date, or AT LEAST no freaking release windows, the hype will be restored if they announce something like "Fall 2017" or "Early 2018".

Well, there are two things I don't understand about that statement:

1. If you're just finishing details, why letting press ONLY play those demos at E3, and not common people too?
2. If most of the game is done (and playable apparently) and you're just finishing details, then why not a beta like previous games?

Something seems a bit odd, a bit off. I don't get it.

First player report I've seen: https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/6h59j3/played_bannerlord_today_at_e3_ill_try_and_recall/

"They also mentioned having alleys which you may be asked to remove a faction from and when you get there the faction might make a better deal with you or you could hire your own thugs to control this alley for you."

Man, they are so insistent with this stupid feature. It looks like it is the only one they have properly implemented at the moment and a great pride for them.

mike56 said:
First player report I've seen: https://www.reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/6h59j3/played_bannerlord_today_at_e3_ill_try_and_recall/

Interesting point about that is troops breaking and morale. Cool addition, admitting that's a trustworthy source.

Duh said:
What does that even mean? Nobody can explore their game as of now.
Check the indie dev log. Or what they did for the original m&b. An inclusive development process keeps the hype going by continously engaging the community.
Again the point isn't that there are some people who complain. There always were, always are, always will be some. Their policy determines how many people make up that segment .
I meant having ingame experience. Exaggerating the info share they could share all the missions npcs which would make game less exciting.
For the development process, i think i mentioned as it attention to community. While i also want attention it is not the problem solver at this point. Even Tw does not know the release date, people just want to be relaxed about when game will be complete. Hoping for every year game to be complete and starting over over again is tiring, and it not about the attention they gave its about when game will be complete.
About attention, and keeping dev process open to people yeah i think it is true it would decrease the number of people who complains, and therefore it is nice to be closer to the community. Yet i want to mention while Pr is a problem now, i think release date is a bigger problem. Thats why i said a battle beta wont be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom