Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
RoboSenshi said:
Rungsted93 said:
Lol look what RockPaperShotgun wrote about Bannerlord  :grin:
bannerlord.png
:lol: This PR is a **** show. You done ****ed it up TW. Check this article out as well:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tech/3784103/mount-blade-bannerlord-2-revealed-at-e3-but-gamers-are-going-nuts-over-this-one-detail/

And I didn't even know that the only thing playable at E3 was the battles. I'm just seeing that now. I assumed it was a full version of the game. Not only that, apparently it's only playable by the press and by appointment only. :lol:

A lot of  people on almost every medium for comment are pissed off right now. Not at the game, it looks amazing, but at the company.

Yea I can't defend their practices. I don't think it's actaul malice, just plain old run of the mill incompetence. Someone in their offices doesn't know how to do their job and it's hurting the company's image.

Calling it PR is an offense to those who do it professionally.

I think it is option 2. I believe they dont have a plan, since Armağan bey said in 2016 we want to release game at the end of the year, if he was sincere i believe he had not an accurate idea when game will be complete. Which is normal i think, they step up being a big company; and making a game from strach means you make things and change things. While releasing the game perfect is a good idea, they are kinda creators of early access. Earlier it is, more mod development there will be, and it is what keeps Mb a great game i think.

I mean... Look gents. They did not take any money from us. No preorder, no indiegogo, or any other form of crowd funding. They are not obligated with anything.
The scarce information and bad marketing and community management is something else. That is what we can kind of be mad about, but then again. They do support Warband. They manage Warband community in Warband matters. Bannerlords is not out. They did not take money from us. They can cancel the development today and "wachaganado"? Nothing.

I believe that is why they did not go preorder way. Because they would be obligated by money to deliver in certain point.

Bannerlord is not gonna be in closed alpha, because they don't want to end up like DayZ or Ark survival. And Ark came out of testing to full version just because now they can sell you DLCs.

Just realize they are not in any way obligated to deliver you Bannerlords in time YOU say and they are not obligated to deliver at all.

I want to play this game immensely. I have 1100 hours on Warband and still playing. I want  this game to be out tomorrow. And yes I was disappointed with E3. I was expecting way way more of them. Like release date.

BUT! Me and You as well have no right to tell them anything, because we did not invest in the Bannerlord. We are not investors, share holders or anything of sort. Thus we have no authority.

:smile:
Just try to  keep that in mind

so we know the details of the playable demo at E3. it had a menu that let you play the scenarios shown in the new E3 trailers.
why not release this demo to the public at large now that the press and E3 attendees have had the chance to play it?
perhaps as a free download on the bannerlord steam page that has been sitting there pointlessly for months now.
C4bcO2e.jpg

laius said:
so we know the details of the playable demo at E3. it had a menu that let you play the scenarios shown in the new E3 trailers.
why not release this demo to the public at large now that the press and E3 attendees have had the chance to play it?
perhaps as a free download on the bannerlord steam page that has been sitting there pointlessly for months now.
C4bcO2e.jpg

Exactly, or as I suggested countless times before, why not release a multiplayer beta with ONLY one map and two factions, and only one gamemode?

It's very small, and you wouldn't risk anything since the game seems very playable. This would keep many fans busy while you work on a release date.

Dendrym said:
Just realize they are not in any way obligated to deliver you Bannerlords in time YOU say and they are not obligated to deliver at all.

Sir, this is not being discussed, i think everybody knows that. People are criticising communication skills of TW team with their community.

If they are not happy about community's interests to make a transparent communication with themselves, then shouldn't announce game 5 years ago in first place.

If not, they have in no position to complain about community's interests and questions on the game. It is not about being obligated to something or someone, but nature of the interests.

Gab-AG. said:
laius said:
C4bcO2e.jpg

Exactly, or as I suggested countless times before, why not release a multiplayer beta with ONLY one map and two factions, and only one gamemode?

It's very small, and you wouldn't risk anything since the game seems very playable. This would keep many fans busy while you work on a release date.

Because that would be really stupid. Do you think that players would gladly take a finger? No. They would take a finger, and then they would DEMAND realease of game afer like month or so? They demand it now and they have ****. Can you imagine the **** storm to come if they did that?
Think about it.

Dendrym said:
Gab-AG. said:
laius said:
C4bcO2e.jpg

Because that would be really stupid. Do you think that players would gladly take a finger? No. They would take a finger, and then they would DEMAND realease of game afer like month or so? They demand it now and they have ****. Can you imagine the **** storm to come if they did that?
Think about it.

I doubt they would demand a full release of the game, since as you already said they're not obligated to release it, considering we never paid for it. You said it yourself.

And they're not demanding anything now, people are just complaining about their PR communication skills.

Dendrym said:
Think about it.
Think about what they did for mount&blade.  :iamamoron:

Varrak said:
Dendrym said:

Sir, this is not being discussed, i think everybody knows that. People are criticising communication skills of TW team with their community.

If they are not happy about community's interests to make a transparent communication with themselves, then shouldn't announce game 5 years ago in first place.

If not, they have in no position to complain about community's interests and questions on the game. It is not about being obligated to something or someone, but nature of the interests.

I have nothing else to say, than I completely agree with you. Announcing the game when they were  working on engine was a big mistake. Retrospectively. I bet you they were super excited to announce work on new engine. They should have not. They should have said "We have been working on new engine past three years and now we will work on sequel to Warband"

Who could have thought? I guess too bad for them. It is very important to realize that they work on game at maximum for two years, and that is *AAA studio development time with way more people than our Turkish friends have.
They should have not announce work on game when they started to work on engine. After battle everyone is a general.

B

laius said:
C4bcO2e.jpg

OMG i could play this demo all year until Bannerlord releases, i can even wait 7 more years with that demo if TW would need additional 7 years

Varrak said:
laius said:
C4bcO2e.jpg

OMG i could play this demo all year until Bannerlord releases, i can even wait 7 more years with that demo if TW would need additional 7 years

Exactly my point. Since the game is playable, a very small beta or demo would keep fans busy.

HUMMAN said:
It  is kinda true though, one will never be satisfied and will want more until the release of the game, every new information released so far made people ask for more.

Partially true. I think some people would be satisfied with it and wait quietly, while some others would ask for more. However, TW would not be obligated to release a full version as I mentioned earlier, and furthermore people wouldn't even be able to complain about their communication since they just released a demo for their fans to play. In other words, if people asked for more they'd probably have no argument on their side and they'd just look like addicts asking for more coke, which would end by having them completely ignored.

On the other side, there would be fans happy with their decision of a playable demo who would be quiet and wait patiently for the next step as TW works towards a full release.

Also, people will probably complain without anything regardless.

Gab-AG. said:
Dendrym said:
Gab-AG. said:
laius said:
C4bcO2e.jpg

Think about it.

I doubt they would demand a full release of the game, since as you already said they're not obligated to release it, considering we never paid for it. You said it yourself.

And they're not demanding anything now, people are just complaining about their PR communication skills.

I guess I can see what you mean. And what I said got nothing in common with releasing basically tech demo.
Let me elaborate. So you have highly hyped game that is very rarely teased. You decide to release a tech demo to people. What is going to happen? Will they sit and play happily?Yes. They will. For a time. Rather short time, but that is all dependent on content of demo. You release too little and people are going to be like a crazy vampires that want to suck every last drop of juice from you. It would be quick Bannerlord addiction fix, but leave you hungering for more.

I just plainly disagree. And yes You are just going to have to take that I disagree as I have to take Your opinion in account.

As for the PR matter. I would not want to be community manager for TaleWorlds Entertainment. Community is rather amazing. But they are like starved dogs. Because they are essentially.

They never lied to us. They must of come across something unexpected during development and there hope to release in "some form" (could of been real early access) changed. Whatever happened there is no doubt they will deliver a better experience the more this game is delayed. Yes we all want our hands on it now. Yes there PR team lacks actually interacting with us on a regular basis. Yes we expect more from them at this point. But as many have said before, they don't owe us anything. They're not obligated to share anything with us. For all we know the game could pop up in early access tomorrow. There is nothing chaining them down. They're a indie company being funded by the Turkish government. They have the funds to develop the best game they can. So many people assume they keep changing there mind and changing mechanics. I struggle to understand how 5 years into a game delopment they would still be changing critical things that take time. If you want to be mad at anything be mad at the fact they don't talk to us about what's going on. Don't get your own hopes up over nothing. They didn't promise what we will hear about and it was always up to them what they wanted to show. Get your hopes up for Gamescom a convention a lot closer to home for Taleworlds. Expect them to role out a good **** then.

I don't think people would be frustrated and demand more after every new piece of info was released like they are now if there was a semi-regular flow of information throughout the year rather than 1-2 blogposts and frankly an almost non-existent E3 presence.

HUMMAN said:
It  is kinda true though, one will never be satisfied and will want more until the release of the game, every new information released so far made people ask for more.
That argument is a bit silly. Sure, some people will never be satisfied, but with good PR most folks can be pleased. And that is clearly beneficial. Otherwise companies wouldn't bother to share information at all.

To quote Captain Lust prior to his employment:
Frank_TaleWorlds said:
Taleworlds is a company with 20 or so employees. It's not Indie anymore. It really is time for them to get real and start thinking about how they're going to interact with their community. Autistically ignoring us just isn't good enough and they can't hide behind the "Indie" veil when the series has sold a million copies. Mount&Blade 2 is coming and it's going to be one of the big PC releases of the year (whichever year it comes out).

And it is not as difficult as people make it out to be. Take this indie devlog as an example: http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com
Continous, substantial information about the development.

Duh said:
HUMMAN said:
That argument is a bit silly. Sure, some people will never be satisfied, but with good PR most folks can be pleased. And that is clearly beneficial. Otherwise companies wouldn't bother to share information at all.

To quote Captain Lust prior to his employment:
Frank_TaleWorlds said:
Taleworlds is a company with 20 or so employees. It's not Indie anymore. It really is time for them to get real and start thinking about how they're going to interact with their community. Autistically ignoring us just isn't good enough and they can't hide behind the "Indie" veil when the series has sold a million copies. Mount&Blade 2 is coming and it's going to be one of the big PC releases of the year (whichever year it comes out).

And it is not as difficult as people make it out to be. Take this indie devlog as an example: http://www.shiningrocksoftware.com
Continous, substantial information about the development.

Completely agree with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom