Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_mtun4mQvpO1sgwx9ro1_500.gif
:fruity: :fruity:

Fidel Lagstro said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUkL42p3Mss&feature=youtu.be&t=3m9s

The amount of people he runs over, the amount of damage he deals to them, and how unaffected his horse is afterwards disturbs me.

Probably just a balancing issue. You can do the same in Warband when you modify a horse to have OP stats.

Not sure if anyone has commented on this yet but the impacts in Bannerlord look amazing. The way enemies fly off their horses and infantry get run over looks spectacular. Especially compared to Warband, everything just feels a bit more punchy and meaty.

https://gyazo.com/baa1fdf922f6fe218dda0a998a919396

Yes impacts are wonderfull, there is just few things to polish, like the walk speed of different units, some animations too speed in combat ? This is an amazing work but i feel bad the same time, cause i'm not even sure i can play  this in one year...

The fact that your lord can give you a regiment and give you orders to follow, making me feel like we are gonna be muuch more immersed in the world. You know like we are just one person and no one actually gives a sh*t about us and everybody is the same kinda deal.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
The fact that your lord can give you a regiment and give you orders to follow, making me feel like we are gonna be muuch more immersed in the world. You know like we are just one person and no one actually gives a sh*t about us and everybody is the same kinda deal.

Yeah, that is pretty cool. I wonder how he'll determine if you used them productively. Just k/d ratio?

Tim0717 said:
Not sure if anyone has commented on this yet but the impacts in Bannerlord look amazing. The way enemies fly off their horses and infantry get run over looks spectacular. Especially compared to Warband, everything just feels a bit more punchy and meaty.

gif version
giphy.gif

Maybe if you constantly ignore him you get penalized in some form [relationship points, influence], otherwise there would be little point in him giving orders if they were just to be ignored.

Like the Sargent System hoping it's kinda like Freelancer and you go from being a Foot Peasant and climb the ranks to something you'll enjoy, either Horse, Archer, Foot or maybe even Artillery Sargent?

For every order you successfully carry out you'll get "Influence" points maybe? and like the others have said the footage is nice but most of us, after 5 yrs, need something else. We don't even know enough about the campaign yet.

Varrak said:
Tim0717 said:

gif version
giphy.gif

HNNNNNGGGG THIS IS SO SATISFYING

Just to clear up: If you look well, when horses colide they do have an animation for that, however it is much less obvious than the Warband one and I think it should be improved.

Some points about the two videos (my opinion):
- Many of the animations look georgeous to me (banners waving, horse hair moving, helmet's "hair" moving, riding, cheering, spearing, dying). However most of the fighting ones don't really please me (when protecting with shield the sword stays in an awkward position; moving the arm over the head when attacking looks awkward specially when repeated severall times; the upper attack with a sword looks weird)
- In the dust the character's shadow gets triplicated or more (horse archer video, min 0:15)
- Blood needs improvement (but blood stains are good)
- Snow mountains on desert?
- I hope that maps and cities have some forest, unless it is steppe or desert. Altough, the maps look good!
- Graphics are better and the game seems much more fluid (even the grass moves now)
- Kicking is still a thing in Bannerlord and now AI uses it (horse archer video, min 3:55)
- There are no heads rolling  :cry:
- Shield bashing and shield getting wrecked is great
- There is no people crying for mercy or suffering on the ground, and there's not the possibility of finishing your enemies by piercing them on the ground (loved this in games)
- The results tab and menus should be more classic, acording to time situation of the game (like the life bar)
- When the commander gives orders it would be nice to hear his voice (or maybe not)
- Will there be lance breaking too?
- Someone said horses only have protection at the front but no, some also have protection on the back (cavalry sergeant video, min 3:50)
- tactics system looks indeed much better and complete
- I hope the battle's situation bar on top of the screen has an option to disable, I think the player should see for himself
- When horses colide with men and push them away the horse should also suffer or show some emotion

PTWarrior said:
- In the dust the character's shadow gets triplicated or more (horse archer video, min 0:15)

- Snow mountains on desert?

Let me address 2 of those..

Snow mountains o desert is very well possible. Specially in Asia..If you look how some of the deserts came to be deserts you will understand.
0_1073b3_cbc25992_orig.jpg

That shadow is one one the ground and other on the dust I am pretty sure..

Ki-Ok Khan said:
Snow mountains o desert is very well possible. Specially in Asia..If you look how some of the deserts came to be deserts you will understand.
0_1073b3_cbc25992_orig.jpg

That shadow is one one the ground and other on the dust I am pretty sure..

That's interesting, but I guess that's only on high altitudes, the others it seems unlikely, unless if the surrounding mountains are high enough to have snow.
The shadows I think it is because there is multiple dust animations so it creates a shadow to each dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom