Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
reiksmarshal said:
You guys are crazy, it is out when it is done thankfully and not a rushed piece of ****.

^ Words.

And as the other guys have already mentioned, TaleWorlds never scheduled nor promised us anything for 2016. They just said that they hoped to put the game in some 'shape or form' into the player's hands by the end of 2016, but unfortunately they couldn't.

But if you look on the bright side, this means that they're doing lots of extra polishing and making sure the game is top notch for when it will be released to us. As someone else already mentioned in the thread, I personally doubt that we'll get the release date at E3, but it's more likely that we'll get the release date at GamesCom.

AmateurHetman said:
Before that, the game was scheduled for 2016 I believe. Then came the possibility of 'some shape or form' before 2017. I'd say that was the first delay.

I've never seen anything where TW said they had scheduled the release for 2016.

You're misunderstanding. While TW never gave a concrete release date, their statement about "releasing in some form in 2016" can be seen as an estimated "early access" time frame. So it's not surprising if people feel there was a delay when it's 6 months after that time frame with no official word.

Personally this also feels like a delay to me. Hopefully the delay is for a good purpose like including new and polishing existing features. And not a bad sign, like a game ending apocalypse-esque super bug that the devs can't seem to fix.  :razz:

RoboSenshi said:
You're misunderstanding. While TW never gave a concrete release date, their statement about "releasing in some form in 2016" can be seen as an estimated "early access" time frame. So it's not surprising if people feel there was a delay when it's 6 months after that time frame with no official word.

Personally this also feels like a delay to me. Hopefully the delay is for a good purpose like including new and polishing existing features. And not a bad sign, like a game ending apocalypse-esque super bug that the devs can't seem to fix.  :razz:

Exactly... Here in Brazil we have an expression which translates into: "Lost the opportunity to remain quiet" If they didn't want to promise anything, so they should've never said anything... After saying it, it's said, period. If it was "some form" and "no promises" to eventually release nothing while saying nothing, that's a way of breaking their own word. If it were released, it wasn't going to be a surprise, yet, such affirmation built expectations.

And to be honest, it may have been their own Deadline schedule, so that may be why they've said it... One way or another, it was delayed, "unofficially" but still...  :wink:

Now, let us quit the white-knighting, people will keep coming here to complain which is perfectly normal, if their PR made mistakes, it's his own mess to sort out, not yours...  :facepalm:

I think they will show us some gameplay videos, hopefully involving diplomacy, family, bloodlines and of course -- a big battle, and they'd tease us until gamescom when they finally give a release date.

xdj1nn said:
RoboSenshi said:

Exactly... Here in Brazil we have an expression which translates into: "Lost the opportunity to remain quiet" If they didn't want to promise anything, so they should've never said anything... After saying it, it's said, period. If it was "some form" and "no promises" to eventually release nothing while saying nothing, that's a way of breaking their own word. If it were released, it wasn't going to be a surprise, yet, such affirmation built expectations.

And to be honest, it may have been their own Deadline schedule, so that may be why they've said it... One way or another, it was delayed, "unofficially" but still...  :wink:

Now, let us quit the white-knighting, people will keep coming here to complain which is perfectly normal, if their PR made mistakes, it's his own mess to sort out, not yours...  :facepalm:
I think it's unfair to label them as "white-knighting". The info they gave was correct. They just interpret it in a different way.

If Mount & Blade were being developed by Soviet programmers and not Turkish ones, the game would already be in our hands as early as 2013. What we need is to restore first the Mighty Soviet Union and only then play Bannerlord, with the supreme communist mods!

joei160. said:
If Mount & Blade were being developed by Soviet programmers and not Turkish ones, the game would already be in our hands as early as 2013. What we need is to restore first the Mighty Soviet Union and only then play Bannerlord, with the supreme communist mods!

seize the means of production comrade

tsQOUCk.jpg

joei160. said:

If you could stop that please, that would be great.

If Bannerlord were developed by a soviet company it would release the game a decade earlier, but the USA would make a better version anyway. After that, the company would collapse. And perhaps a couple million people would die.

After wasting time reading countless pages of this thread I finally get why developers don't ever show up here. Instead of meaningful debate of how the game might be or suggestions to improve it almost all of it is banter, offtopic chit chat, memes and above all people ranting on Taleworlds and asking for a game they surely know will take one year and some more time to be released, that being optimistic. It's just complaining for the sake of it. It's easier to develop a game when you have your own engine set up, but it's not as easy when you are doing everything from scratch, like they are. Be patient, be mature, be thorough, there are so many other threads for random discussions.

Gasset said:
After wasting time reading countless pages of this thread I finally get why developers don't ever show up here. Instead of meaningful debate of how the game might be or suggestions to improve it almost all of it is banter, offtopic chit chat, memes and above all people ranting on Taleworlds and asking for a game they surely know will take one year and some more time to be released, that being optimistic. It's just complaining for the sake of it. It's easier to develop a game when you have your own engine set up, but it's not as easy when you are doing everything from scratch, like they are. Be patient, be mature, be thorough, there are so many other threads for random discussions.

They do show up here though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom