Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you guys think about Bannerlord being released on GOG? so far all the MAB games are there, and the GOG versions seem to be popular
what do you think?

rammler1991 said:
Pilum said:
JabdiMelborn said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Hopefully someone with premium acc will let us know if there is anything new
Absolutely. This.

ciauz^^,
Jab

There is nothing new. Except a few screenshots.

so you have a premium account?

according to the page the premium content is:

Jetzt weiterlesen: Das steht in der Plus-Titelgeschichte
- Wie spielt sich die Singleplayer-Kampagne?
- Wie gut funktioniert das Schwertkampfsystem?
- Mit welchen Fraktionen können wir zusammenarbeiten?
- Welchen Eindruck hinterlässt die Technik?

translated:

how good is single player campaign?
how good is sword-combatsystem?
with what factions can we work together?
how good is the engine?

The article says things like:

- custom battles were playable

- multiplayer was not available to the Gamestar guy

- there is a main quest

- battles are bloodier

- arena fights are more structured

- you can build castles (I don't know if they mean the castles you can build in a town, which was already known, or soemthing else)

- the character can be a mercenary in a lords army (constructing castles and being a mercenary wasn't implemented at the time of the guy's visit to Ankara)

- overland map is four times bigger than in Warband

- there will be mod support

- different quests in every village, town, city

- dynamic change of seasons

- general statements like: graphics in Bannerlord are nicer than in Warband, game mechanics are being enhanced compared to Warband

Nothing new.

There is a new article on Gamestar where they talk about the release date.

Number One: Developer Taleworlds is anything but happy to announce the release of Mount & Blade 2 in 2012. This is what the guys and girls tell us in conversation. At that time it was not possible to predict how long the development of the game would last. Number two: On the way to the current state of the game there were probably some major restructuring and discarded ideas. Therefore, development takes so long.
And thirdly: 2017 remains the officially targeted release year. In terms of the development of the game - and this is where our own speculation starts - we can keep it moving to 2018. But then Mount & Blade 2 is almost certain to finally appear, finally it makes within the framework of our own all-in-one experience already a very presentable impression.
(Google Translator)

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/mount-blade-2-bannerlord/news/mount_blade_2,47357,3314109.html

Pilum said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Pilum said:
Does it say something about kidnapping? I saw few videos about that.
I bet they visited at the same time as PcGamer

Don't think so.
Quite possible they were there when PC Gamer was there, the article feels outdated and the headline like clickbait.
They have screenshots from the same village PcGamer visited.
Desert battle. Like PcGamer.
Field Battle same as PcGamer.
I feel like they showed them the same demo.

Die Sandbox. Vom stumpfsinnigen Söldner in einer Armee über einen erfolgreichen Gladiatoren bis hin zu Händlern, Rittern und Adelsfürsten: In Mount & Blade 2 kann man alles sein. Diese Stärke erbt es vom Vorgänger, baut aber spürbar darauf auf. Als Spieler baue ich eigene Burgen, Heere und Handelsimperien - und verbessere dabei meine Fertigkeiten mit den unzähligen Waffen. Man kann schmieden, handeln, feilschen und entführen. Kurzum: Spielerische Freiheit bleibt die größte Stärke von Mount & Blade.
I think this here says kidnapping. Not sure.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
Pilum said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
Pilum said:
Does it say something about kidnapping? I saw few videos about that.
I bet they visited at the same time as PcGamer

Don't think so.
Quite possible they were there when PC Gamer was there, the article feels outdated and the headline like clickbait.
They have screenshots from the same village PcGamer visited.
Desert battle. Like PcGamer.
Field Battle same as PcGamer.
I feel like they showed them the same demo.

Die Sandbox. Vom stumpfsinnigen Söldner in einer Armee über einen erfolgreichen Gladiatoren bis hin zu Händlern, Rittern und Adelsfürsten: In Mount & Blade 2 kann man alles sein. Diese Stärke erbt es vom Vorgänger, baut aber spürbar darauf auf. Als Spieler baue ich eigene Burgen, Heere und Handelsimperien - und verbessere dabei meine Fertigkeiten mit den unzähligen Waffen. Man kann schmieden, handeln, feilschen und entführen. Kurzum: Spielerische Freiheit bleibt die größte Stärke von Mount & Blade.
I think this here says kidnapping. Not sure.

Correct, "entführen", kidnapping.
But that is also old news, no?

MortonGrey said:
There is a new article on Gamestar where they talk about the release date.

Number One: Developer Taleworlds is anything but happy to announce the release of Mount & Blade 2 in 2012. This is what the guys and girls tell us in conversation. At that time it was not possible to predict how long the development of the game would last. Number two: On the way to the current state of the game there were probably some major restructuring and discarded ideas. Therefore, development takes so long.
And thirdly: 2017 remains the officially targeted release year. In terms of the development of the game - and this is where our own speculation starts - we can keep it moving to 2018. But then Mount & Blade 2 is almost certain to finally appear, finally it makes within the framework of our own all-in-one experience already a very presentable impression.
(Google Translator)

http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/mount-blade-2-bannerlord/news/mount_blade_2,47357,3314109.html

Yep. The translation is ok. Unfortunatly its not writtem if the words are directly from taleworlds or just guesses from the writer. But at least it seems we have a release year guys

I just went back and checked the pcgamer article and in fact they are the same areas from different angles. It is possible that they made an agreement to not release the screens until a certain time or they just got to see the same demo in different times.

PC Gamer:
94gk5cbcvDYsi98KRYoCpm.png
Gamers.de:
k3L3I06.gif

PC Gamer:
yfxiFid8XU7J7Sztj9WFUn.png
Gamers.de:
d7LK4lI.jpg

PC Gamer:
UuFEbqxV73UnXcKZoTEb2o.png
Gamers.de:
mkclNTJ.jpg

Ki-Ok Khan said:
I just went back and checked the pcgamer article and in fact they are the same areas from different angles. It is possible that they made an agreement to not release the screens until a certain time or they just got to see the same demo in different times.

One difference is though that the Gamestar guy got to play the game himself.
The PC Gamer guy watched Captain Lust play for an hour.

Pilum said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:

One difference is though that the Gamestar guy got to play the game himself.
The PC Gamer guy watched Captain Lust play for an hour.

well then it's the latter one :grin:

If we do not get a release date on E3 we can forget about playing Bannerlord in 2017 :smile: Predictions do not really mean anything at this point since we only have 3 weeks to find out in E3.

The very fact they let gamestar play the game, shows that they have a lot of trust in the current version of the game. This is really exciting as it means the game must be close to a beta test. E3 is shaping up to be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom