Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is every bodies thoughts on the reviews left on the tale worlds glass-door site....?

A little concerning to say the least:

- "Dead end for employees as the project never runs and nobody helps the employees to develop themselves professionally".
- "The project constantly changes and that might make you hate the project. Payments are low especially if you are a programmer. A high level ego on manager. You have to feed them with some kisser up attitudes. Low tech pipeline, full of big mouths without talent or knowledge".
- "Project directings are poor".
- "Specifications are vague and change very often".

Not trying to hate on them as I am sure they are trying their best, but this could serve as evidence that there is clearly issues going on behind the scenes.

biddas132 said:
What is every bodies thoughts on the reviews left on the tale worlds glass-door site....?

- "Dead end for employees as the project never runs and nobody helps the employees to develop themselves professionally".
- "The project constantly changes and that might make you hate the project. Payments are low especially if you are a programmer. A high level ego on manager. You have to feed them with some kisser up attitudes. Low tech pipeline, full of big mouths without talent or knowledge".

Not trying to hate on them as I am sure they are trying their best, but this could serve as evidence that there is clearly issues going on behind the scenes.

Difficult to say, they are a small company run by a family, so it can be expected that things don't run as swimmingly as other companies. Secondly, we've only seen 8 reviews? out of a whole company of 102 staff? Difficult to tell at this point really.

True - Lets just hope they have had the vision to decide on all the features and crack on, as it sounds as though they may have been changing things up a lot which is not good if it happens too far into the dev lifecycle.

I missed these 3 too:

- "They should not change projects over and over again, it's demotivating the employees".
- "Please give up never making decision making and wrap up the projects".
- "Releases can take forever to complete".

All of those 3 comments were from 2016 - meaning they still had not decided on features mid last year.

Concerning definitely, could possibly point to a 2018 full release or if we do get it this year almost certainly an early access scenario.

biddas132 said:
I missed these 3 too:

- "They should not change projects over and over again, it's demotivating the employees".

All of those 3 comments were from 2016 - meaning they still had not decided on features mid last year.

Concerning definitely, could possibly point to a 2018 full release or if we do get it this year almost certainly an early access scenario.

Or they can start a Beta test and us (the players) can make the decisions for them... Just a thought. After all, we play the game because of the features we want, not what they want.

He's saying we should all play the game and Taleworlds should then carefully listen to the barrage of nonsensical feedback they receive and somehow piece together something marketable.

Styo said:
biddas132 said:
I missed these 3 too:

Or they can start a Beta test and us (the players) can make the decisions for them... Just a thought. After all, we play the game because of the features we want, not what they want.

Asking Santa to implement features would work better.

YO HO HO

P0000013381S0002T2.jpg

Grooming this beard since the teaser... You will get your features in some form by Christmas. Believe and it will happen! probably

So no bannerlord yet?
I bet we hear from lust on e3 :" maybe some form this year".....
And next year we are still sitting here and enyoing some Screenshots in a magazine.....

So sad that we have literally no idea how far this game is. 10% ? 60% done?
I have no idea.

biddas132 said:

Anyone can post a review on that site with no proof they actually worked there.

BNS Marko said:
I'm super excited for that. I hope it really does let us work in C#.

I think Python is easier to learn, read & work on. Anyway, it will probably not be C# itself but a sub-language based on C as kalarhan said. Module System has its own essentials which will remain unchanged no matter what coding language the System is based on, I hope.

Do we know anything else about modding rather than the coding language?

El Turco said:
BNS Marko said:

I think Python is easier to learn, read & work on. Anyway, it will probably not be C# itself but a sub-language based on C as kalarhan said. Module System has its own essentials which will remain unchanged no matter what coding language the System is based on, I hope.

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/9

And there are supposed to be editors in the engine. Nothing specific though.
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,249537.msg8615306.html#msg8615306

El Turco said:
Kiss the old ModSys goodbye, the probability of them using it with a new engine made from scratch is statistically insignificant.
Also, in case you missed what I said, here's Captain Lust himself: https://ask.fm/captainoflust/answers/142167518136 (turned out to be easier to find than I thought)

We've seen a folder with MonoDevelop .dlls and exectutables ever since one of the earliest interviews, which is why I've been confident it'd be C#. Willing to bet (though not to go all-in) that MonoDevelop or some fork of it will be the recommended editor too. (Unless they go the moden route and suggest the free version of Visual Studio instead. Either way, it's irrelevant, as any respectable IDE can handle C#.)

El Turco said:
BNS Marko said:

It was specifically stated on at least two occasions that the engine is written in C++, and that modders can use C# for their modifications.

Yavuz: There is a very rich scene editor that people can use and we’ll also have very powerful scripting tool, written in C#. The goal is to make sure that even after the game is released, we’ll be able to patch and change things, with as little effect on the mods as possible. And further to that, we’re trying to come up with a system that makes it possible for different mods to work together.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/04/28/mount-and-blade-2-bannerlord-interview/

I can't find the other occasion, I believe it was in another interview.

Edit: Also what Lumos posted.

aekilju said:
biddas132 said:

Anyone can post a review on that site with no proof they actually worked there.

I was wondering if that's the case.
That would seem very malicious and an attempt at corporate sabotage.. not liking any of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom