Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what joke they are going to make! Oh wait the release date of Bannerlord is already a joke  :iamamoron:

Plovercrest said:
Carlos_de_Tonkin said:
Plovercrest said:
PanzerDan86 said:
Yeah probably E3 before we get any news.  My guess is they'll just release the gameplay footage from PC Gamer's play through and then not give us any new info on game mechanics or a release date.

If they don't have a release date at E3, they've really screwed the pooch.

If they do not, I will sack their village, burn their crops and rape their... ok I should probably stop here.

Storm E3, and ask the tough questions.

I live about 20 minutes from where E3 is held, and public passes cost about 250 dollars. Im still considering picking one up, but of the 3 days the event will be held we have no idea if TW (probably one of the smaller dev teams in attendance) will be present for one day, or all three. Id be hard pressed to take all three days off from work. Even then, they probably wouldnt give me the time of day. Id probably blurt something out like "Soooo nice to meet you guys.. BIG fan of your work.. WHY IN THE BLUE F**K HAVE YOU NEGLECTED US SO?"

Armored_Saint said:
Leaked multiplayer screenshot.
multiplayer%202c%20720_zpsjmhqerf7.jpg
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Vorrenus said:
Plovercrest said:
Carlos_de_Tonkin said:
Plovercrest said:
PanzerDan86 said:
Yeah probably E3 before we get any news.  My guess is they'll just release the gameplay footage from PC Gamer's play through and then not give us any new info on game mechanics or a release date.

If they do not, I will sack their village, burn their crops and rape their... ok I should probably stop here.

I live about 20 minutes from where E3 is held, and public passes cost about 250 dollars. Im still considering picking one up, but of the 3 days the event will be held we have no idea if TW (probably one of the smaller dev teams in attendance) will be present for one day, or all three. Id be hard pressed to take all three days off from work. Even then, they probably wouldnt give me the time of day. Id probably blurt something out like "Soooo nice to meet you guys.. BIG fan of your work.. WHY IN THE BLUE F**K HAVE YOU NEGLECTED US SO?"

Don't even bother to take 3 days off just to see lust playing the game... THEY ARE JUST TEASING US!!!!

ido66667 said:
Vorrenus said:
Plovercrest said:
Carlos_de_Tonkin said:
Plovercrest said:
PanzerDan86 said:

Don't even bother to take 3 days off just to see lust playing the game... THEY ARE JUST TEASING US!!!!

I really wouldn't go out of my way to attend E3  if your sole purpose for doing so is to see Taleworlds... You'll probably end up dissapointed

So... just a thought about weapon crafting and multiplayer. What do you think the likelihood of one being able to create a custom weapon when you create the multiplayer character that can be used regardless of faction?

EnsignHiggins said:
So... just a thought about weapon crafting and multiplayer. What do you think the likelihood of one being able to create a custom weapon when you create the multiplayer character that can be used regardless of faction?

As far as I know (I may easily be wrong, I have never modded the game), every item in multiplayer has to be in the files of everyone playing, so if you made a weapon for use online other players wouldn't see it or it wouldn't work or something. Besides which, I think it would result in a lack of variety in online gameplay- always facing the same weapons regardless of faction or even which players you are facing (since there will undoubtedly be a few optimum designs, such as long fast swords, that get repeated and used almost exclusively in place of the default weapon choices).

Vorrenus said:
I live about 20 minutes from where E3 is held, and public passes cost about 250 dollars. Im still considering picking one up, but of the 3 days the event will be held we have no idea if TW (probably one of the smaller dev teams in attendance) will be present for one day, or all three.

Definitely not worth $250. That's PC part money. Anything shown at E3 will be shown later for $0. Also, no crowds or sweat stink. They don't even have booth babes anymore.

SAD!

DanAngleland said:
As far as I know (I may easily be wrong, I have never modded the game), every item in multiplayer has to be in the files of everyone playing, so if you made a weapon for use online other players wouldn't see it or it wouldn't work or something. Besides which, I think it would result in a lack of variety in online gameplay- always facing the same weapons regardless of faction or even which players you are facing (since there will undoubtedly be a few optimum designs, such as long fast swords, that get repeated and used almost exclusively in place of the default weapon choices).
Not quite sure about this one here to be honest. (I have never modded myself so this might be completely wrong) Isnt it achievable to put all the basic structures of all possible crafted weapons in the game, so people might actually be able to see it in game?

TheBlackVampire said:
DanAngleland said:
Not quite sure about this one here to be honest. (I have never modded myself so this might be completely wrong) Isnt it achievable to put all the basic structures of all possible crafted weapons in the game, so people might actually be able to see it in game?

I believe that's what they do with character faces, why would'nt it work with weapons ?

TheBlackVampire said:
DanAngleland said:

Good point, it probably would work then. Still, I'd prefer not to see it in native for the gameplay reason- the factions are functionally too similar in Warband in my view, so anymore dilution of variety and faction identity would be a negative development for me.

UndeadDuke said:
Would be so damn cool if we can unlock new weapon pieces during the gameplay (for example in reward of quests, for faction/NPC relationship milestone etc)

Mayor: 'Thank you Sir Malcolm for saving my daughter from those bandits, as a reward please accept this shiny pommel'

Sir Malcolm: '...'

Mayor killed by Sir Malcolm Blueballs.

You have lost honor.

They did say you can find weapon parts and it is shown that the player takes weapon parts in the loot menu in the PC gamer vid.  You probably won't just waltz into a blacksmith and have all the crafting options available from.the get go, more likely you'll have to collect them  as loot or buy them.  So if you play your whole game in Vlandian territoties I guess you won't be able to craft really varied weapons with other fraction parts when compared to a player who roams around

.... This is all based speculation obviously... Because we're told **** all about the game

Crowcorrector said:
They did say you can find weapon parts and it is shown that the player takes weapon parts in the loot menu in the PC gamer vid.  You probably won't just waltz into a blacksmith and have all the crafting options available from.the get go, more likely you'll have to collect them  as loot or buy them.  So if you play your whole game in Vlandian territoties I guess you won't be able to craft really varied weapons with other fraction parts when compared to a player who roams around

.... This is all based speculation obviously... Because we're told **** all about the game
You are right indeed...
13454634.png
I'm a little ashamed tbh that I didn't notice it myself  :razz:  And also I really like the fact that item culture is now displayed in the description
13477165.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom