Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
DanAngleland said:
@578; When I described Mordhau as 'deathmatch-type' I didn't mean to write it off as having one game mode, I meant only to distinguish it from other multiplayer types such as co-op. From what I've seen of it, the game looks promising. And yes, it might compete with Bannerlord for multiplayer fans; however, I'm sure Bannerlord's main appeal and the majority of its sales will be attributable to singleplayer. Apart from anything else, we've seen nothing of multiplayer yet (except brief clips such as in the replay feature segment in a 2015 Gamescom video), but there is intense interest in the game. It's hard to imagine Bannerlord being any less popular than Warband, but Mordhau has it all to prove, and multiplayer only games can gain a bad reputation quickly and never recover if there is a problem at release.

Oh sorry my misunderstood then. Yeah you're right about the single player appeal but I dont always simply base on what the major appeal is for games. I think I speak for a good amount of players when I say that for many of us the main appeal of warband itself was for multiplayer too. I am very sure this is not the major appeal but it still is a good portion. Especially with all the activity that still goes on today for Warband's online servers and competitive scene alike. I am pretty confident on Mordhau though (not that it will Mount and blade killer or anything close) because not only it reached the goal within a day on kickstarter but because Chivalry's devs are really close to releasing Mirage, and many chiv players simply dont care for it. Also it is developed by both Chivalry and warband players. The thing is that I believe it will be the 'counter strike' of medieval games in a sense. Jump in jump out and simplistic yet hard on higher tier play. Add full progression to it and customization + mod tools and you can get a game that for many is a dream coming true. I believe I still will like Bannerlord more because its a game that makes you feel like you're writing your own story into it even on multiplayer. Even at this time Warband's competitive and multiplayer scene has that 'underground' feel to it that people talk about players and their accomplishments which is a really good feeling. Given the fact that Captain Lust's involvement with the development, I believe bannerlord will have a really good and fleshed out multiplayer. Ranging from duels to massive wars. For me warband's main appeal, as mentioned, was its multiplayer. I played about 3 runs on single player for steam achievements because I just really wanted to get them all and never touched it again. All the mods seem like reskins to me personally.

Lord Brutus said:
I think it very likely that the majority of players awaiting Bannerlord are waiting for single player.

True, I might be a minority but I don't care for multiplayer or Co-op. I have around 1500 hours on Warband and I think I've only played like one match in Multi. I played Native to death and I'm still playing with Mods 5 years later.

I get that people enjoy multiplayer for Warband, but I don't really get how it can be the main appeal for the game, especially today, there are several other games that have the same type of multiplayer. The uniqueness of M&B for me is in its single player. I guess maybe when the game first came out there weren't a lot of multiplayer games of that sort, but now there seem to be a several.

cherac said:
we've waited 5years and endured a year of gameplay videos , another year won't be that bad...

The gameplay videos should have waited until they were almost ready to release. That's my biggest frustration. Posting long gameplay vids and setting up a steam page for purchasing the game 1 or 2 years before release?!?!  That's just cruel.

Yabloko said:
Warband's combat system is solid, intuitive and fun. It's not hard to imagine why it would be popular for multiplayer.

I find it that way in singleplayer. In multi it's a jankfest. Players spam block/attack and come at you feinting like they've got tourettes. I might find a fun match 1 in every 10 games, but most of the time I just wonder why I'm even bothering.

That said, I've never tried the Napoleon expansion.

Sasquatch_Punter said:
Yabloko said:
Warband's combat system is solid, intuitive and fun. It's not hard to imagine why it would be popular for multiplayer.

I find it that way in singleplayer. In multi it's a jankfest. Players spam block/attack and come at you feinting like they've got tourettes. I might find a fun match 1 in every 10 games, but most of the time I just wonder why I'm even bothering.

That said, I've never tried the Napoleon expansion.

So you like easy difficulty games, we get it. :wink:

Sasquatch_Punter said:
Yabloko said:
In multi it's a jankfest. Players spam block/attack and come at you feinting like they've got tourettes.
It's not a jankfest, that's what I call a solid, intuitive and fun fighting system.

Mount and Blade would be released by now were it not that meddling single player!

94cbeaf5e7f7bc55621f1034fd7badf2.png

CaptainLee said:
Mount and Blade would be released by now were it not that meddling single player!

I would be happy paying 50 bucks for SP and 20 bucks for MP (different games), or 60 for the combo, and OK if MP was released a year before SP too.

But right now the big titles are still using the old system of releasing both at the same time and as the same product for some reason. They didn't learn from GTA5  :mrgreen:

real talk:

has Taleworlds completely forgotten their community?

I feel like we get one update a year on M&B II and no alpha/beta...

Compared to other developers I feel like they have entirely lost touch with me as a fan. It's kind of disappointing.

Carlos_de_Tonkin said:
bravesirknight said:
Compared to other developers I feel like they have entirely lost touch with me as a fan. It's kind of disappointing.
Count me in too.

Yeah, compered to other small team indie studios, they don't even bother to interact with the community. I can put up with delays, and I will buy the game even if it releases in late 2018 (Probably) but it's ridiculous they are trying to keep us in the dark, like we are stupid.
Heck, they even compare badly to larger teams (That tend to be less communicative), like Paradox which releases regular devblogs.
I don't understand that PR strategy, it's like they think that if they won't tell us about the development process and it's issues we won't know they are having troubles, even though it's completely obvious. I think that the community is quite loyal and most of it will not abandon the game if they talk more about the issues and the development. I think that what really pisses people off (Including me) is that they show total disrespect for the fans and take the community and it's support for granted. That is why people say they won't buy the game, they are just trying to show TaleWorlds that they have something to lose if they don't improve their PR.

ido66667 said:
Carlos_de_Tonkin said:
bravesirknight said:
Count me in too.

Yeah, compered to other small team indie studios, they don't even bother to interact with the community. I can put up with delays, and I will buy the game even if it releases in late 2018 (Probably) but it's ridiculous they are trying to keep us in the dark, like we are stupid.
Heck, they even compare badly to larger teams (That tend to be less communicative), like Paradox which releases regular devblogs.
I don't understand that PR strategy, it's like they think that if they won't tell us about the development process and it's issues we won't know they are having troubles, even though it's completely obvious. I think that the community is quite loyal and most of it will not abandon the game if they talk more about the issues and the development. I think that what really pisses people off (Including me) is that they show total disrespect for the fans and take the community and it's support for granted. That is why people say they won't buy the game, they are just trying to show TaleWorlds that they have something to lose if they don't improve their PR.

I believe they're trying to keep our expectations low so that when the game releases in a clunky unpolished state (as gently hinted at by the PC Gamer article which said it "probably won't be the most polished game of 2017") it won't cause as much disappointment and forum rage as it would have if they'd pumped everyone up to think the game would be amazing.

They saw the backlash that No Man's Sky got, and they want to avoid that kind of situation at all costs.

Except the less they comment on things, the more rumors are born in this forum and steam one's... Since they don't comment on rumors, we WILL be disapointed for sure by some features we thought we would see in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom