Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
LittleLegionaire said:
the game does appear to be suffering from feature creep because before the game wasn't set to have any indepth siege weapons and destruction, or crafting - and now it does. What do you base this statement on? Siege was always set for big improvements, they acknowledged that it was a weak point of the series and players were clamouring for siege engines. It was specifically noted as one of the areas that we most wanted to be improved on the suggestions site that was around years ago. We saw new siege towers and ladder climbing screenshots back in 2013. You don't know what features they had planned from the very beginning.

I would buy Bannerlord six months before it's release.

Honestly I think Taleworlds should be thinking about pre-sales. Probably everyone here in the forums would do as me and buy it even before being released.

But what I don't understand is: why there's not even a release date? What in the heavens is Taleworlds doing right now? Is there too many difficult stuff to implement yet? The game already looks beautiful, combat is fine... I see that some things still need to be polished, but will this take so long that they can't even suppose when the game will be launched?

PS: I trust Taleworlds and do not want them to release a broken game. I understand they must take their time to make a well-done game. I just don't understand why is this taking so long.

Ki-Ok Khan said:

wow dude triggered much?

All of the things they've talked about are subject to change, they preface every gameplay video with that statement. Along with need for polishing etc etc so all those texture and placement "bugs" you are talking about; calm down. They are still developing and polishing, hence no announced release date.

The game isn't even in beta phase and you're freaking out about what is or isn't in the game.

I think you spend too much time looking for things like that because a couple of this pictures it took me a while to find the issue, so your really hyper-analyzing things. So when you say major bugs that's obvious hyperbole, especially considered you haven't been able to play and all you can point to are textures and shaders.

You act like they owe you anything, you haven't paid for the game or pre-ordered have you?

Again; 5 years is a normal development cycle and what people seem to forget is when they first announced, that's when development began. As in concept and planning, not coding/world building.

Skyrim took about 5 years and had a massive budget and team compared to taleworlds.

If there is one thing I can fault them for doing, it's announcing that they were beginning development at all. Because of people like yourself that want to pound the drum for release and then be the first to criticize when something goes wrong.

They are doing it the right way, taking their time and not rushing, something every game studio gets criticized for not doing after releasing a buggy unfinished day 1 patch ****fest.

joei160. said:
PS: I trust Taleworlds and do not want them to release a broken game. I understand they must take their time to make a well-done game. I just don't understand why is this taking so long.

In taleworlds time they've just begun working on this game like a year ago.

AmateurHetman said:
All these people saying they probably won't buy the game at release now... spoilt much?

I'm not. I always wait for benchmarks (because system requirements are meaningless) and maybe a review or two.

SirMairaki said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
"And yeah theyve been developing for about 5 years, pretty standard development time. Or would you rather them take the skyrim route and promise a bunch of features that never make it into the game?"
No . I expect to see no major bugs in the screenshots

Sorry, but what are these major bugs you're seeing? I don't remember seeing anything other than a few graphical glitches and unfinished textures. And from the gameplay videos they have released, there weren't any glaring issues as far as I can remember. Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't think we've seen any evidence of any major bugs. That being said, yeah, you can tell that the game is still in development based on the videos and screenshots, but I still see no glaring issues.
https://youtu.be/iObwq1WaxQ8?t=368 That is the most major bug I've seen. I don't see a problem with seeing it at that stage of development. But it would be pretty annoying seeing it after release, so they can take all the time they need.

I think what makes the forum that shall not be named such an angst-filled cesspool is the lack of information that has been publicly released.

Keeping the public wanting more is a good thing from a sales standpoint but they need to "tease" folks instead of pissing them off with 1 "blog" post in 6 months and 1 article in a magazine.

A few screen shots every week (or two) and a few words about them would be enough to mollify most folks,  generate positive discussion and  "hoopla" needed to create the proper buzz so that initial sales aren't limited to the old-hands who have been waiting for it since they got tired of VC.

They need someone in charge of community relations and empowered to do this. The impression is they are playing it by ear, or even worse taking the community (which is pretty loyal and loves the game) for granted.

FWIW, I can't wait for it to come out and I'm sure I'll enjoy it immensely. Warband is one of the best bang-for the buck games I can recall since maybe Diablo (the original one) in terms of amount of gameplay for me. Just please, for all that is holy, quit treating the fans as mushrooms......

Again; 5 years is a normal development cycle and what people seem to forget is when they first announced, that's when development began.

How do you know that ? Taleworlds never said it to my knowledge, some people said that it was start 7 years before, so who is right ?

Armaury said:
Again; 5 years is a normal development cycle and what people seem to forget is when they first announced, that's when development began.

How do you know that ? Taleworlds never said it to my knowledge, some people said that it was start 7 years before, so who is right ?

In 2012 they made the official announcement that Bannerlord was in development, and if I recall correctly, someone from TW said the actual development had started not too long before that.

The game has been in development since the release of Warband in 2010 and features an all new engine, developed specifically for the game, by developers TaleWorlds. 

Of course it depends on what is defined as development, which may mean a lot of initial artistic concept work and planning. Presumably they had started the actual coding by the teaser's release.

As for the comparison to Skyrim, Bethesda had a fairly small size of 100 people working on it. Taleworlds have likely had half that number (they have roughly 100 employees now I think across the board). Also there's the Engine built from scratch element. Bethesda had the pre-existing Gamebryo engine to build the Creation engine with.

kuwhar said:

"wow dude triggered much?"

Yeah , by your lack of understanding what I really am trying to say.

-

"Because of people like yourself that want to pound the drum for release and then be the first to criticize when something goes wrong."

You are mistaking me with other people.I never did something like that nor doing atm.

-

"If there is one thing I can fault them for doing, it's announcing that they were beginning development at all."

No ****! Who would have ever said that? its not like people have been saying it over and over again.Not like Taleworlds even admitted to it. You are so original , coming with your own perspective and ****.

-

"The game isn't even in beta phase "

How would you know that?Did they say something like this? I really want to know.

-

"You act like they owe you anything, you haven't paid for the game or pre-ordered have you? "

Again , I am not.

-

"They are doing it the right way, taking their time and not rushing, something every game studio gets criticized for not doing after releasing a buggy unfinished day 1 patch ****fest."

I am not saying they should release the game here and now. Your inability to understand/process things in your brain really , really triggers me.

-

"Skyrim took about 5 years"

My quick google search tells me that it took about 3,5 - 4 years to develop.

-

"All of the things they've talked about are subject to change, they preface every gameplay video with that statement. Along with need for polishing etc etc so all those texture and placement "bugs" you are talking about; calm down. They are still developing and polishing, hence no announced release date. "

Where was I not calm again?No ****?! They are still polishing the game you say! It is not like I understand that! It is not like I was not trying to **** on the company or anything am I right?!

-

You are just so entitled to protect Taleworlds that you do not understand a word of what I am saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom