Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
VictorF said:
Is it too much to expect 1000-2000 soldiers on the battlefield?
1000 soldier is good I think. If your pc can't handle it then reduce it as 500 or below. I hope TW can stabilize (optimize) this around 1000 soldier (500 v 500).
Armaury said:
PCs are getting more and more powerfull so it will maybe be possible :wink:
+1.

Re: Battanians and forest warfare

My speculation is that since they're said to have the best (or very good) archers in the game, forest warfare isn't an actual battle or world map specialization.  Its up to the player to utilize the superior archers in a tactically and strategically sensible way.  Strategically by trying to initiate engagements in forest areas on the world map.  Tactically by using trees to break down cavalry charges and manouver around the enemy or using groups of archers to leapfrop past eachother  in the forest during approaches / withdrawals to constantly have the enemy engaged.

Reus said:
Armaury said:
Well, my ****ty just-over-1-year-old laptop certainly isn't getting any more powerful.

if Bannerlord repeats the Warband cycle you can expect to be playing it years in the future, so eventually you will have a new computer that can handle bigger battles one way or the other

a top gaming computer today is the cheap old machine in 3-4 years  :mrgreen:

It is not like you need to play it at max graphics, 60 FPS, 4k, 2000 troops at day 1 as you will uninstall it in a week or two

Armaury said:
Yes you're kinda right but nowadays PC's are also getting old pretty fastly, compared to the non-stop developments in the hardware section.

So fast that video games are not optimised for new hardware :mrgreen: How many core will use Bannerlod, 4 probably, and just now Ryzen is out with 8 cores ? With 8 cores battle syze could be huge but if game not use them... :facepalm:

Crowcorrector said:
Re: Battanians and forest warfare

My speculation is that since they're said to have the best (or very good) archers in the game, forest warfare isn't an actual battle or world map specialization.  Its up to the player to utilize the superior archers in a tactically and strategically sensible way.  Strategically by trying to initiate engagements in forest areas on the world map.  Tactically by using trees to break down cavalry charges and manouver around the enemy or using groups of archers to leapfrop past eachother  in the forest during approaches / withdrawals to constantly have the enemy engaged.

I'm not sure about the strategic part. I think the improved character skills are likely to have an ambush skill that Battanians may be able to accumulate quicker/start with a higher number in, which can be used on the campaign map not unlike the Ambush stance on Total War games.

The article says-

Character creation is skipped in the demo - TaleWorlds has previously shown off the varied creation sliders, but isn't ready to detail the full extent of customisation. Needless to say, there should be plenty of options, including new builds that are part of an improved progression system. "Bannerlord's skill system builds upon what we had in Warband," says CEO Armagan Yavuz, "but it is vastly improved and in many ways much deeper and more fun. We have traits, skills and perks that work together in an interesting and unique way. Each skill has its own kind of XP category and is exercised individually. For example, you improve the Tracking skill by finding older and more difficult to find tracks."

Kinda like Morrowind.

Wulfburk said:
if total war you can get some battles with 20k men why cant we in this game?
Individual troop fighting dynamics are different. I believe that In total war the fight animations between 2 individual soldiers are scripted.    In MnB the fights between 2 NPC aren't scripted.

mcwiggum said:
UndeadDuke said:
aekilju said:
BANNERLORD WHEN?
13108449.png
They are confident. Should we be as well?
They were confident about the 2016 target, just find something else to pass the time with until something of note happens.
I think they said they were hoping for the game to be in player's hands in 2016, not confident.

Hello mr , sir , dear Gkx . What is this World Exclusive Access? Just access to blog ? We don't really need all this hype if its just going to be a video or something along those lines. I hope access is to the game tbh. I would be the most happy if that is the case ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom