Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pilum said:
I wonder what the latest tweet on TW twitter means  :shock: :

https://twitter.com/Mount_and_Blade ("World Exclusive Access incoming")
Not beta. Probably it is for this PC Gamer exclusive cover and content.
I think, they will just say that the April 303 issue of PCGamer will be the exclusive access to the Bannerlord.

The Battanians and Khuzaits look pretty cool, although for the latter ones I would have preferred a more Jurchen or Sarmatian look instead of the traditional leatherbound mongol.

You know it's like fighting games roster from game to game. There are returning characters, and there are new ones. The returning characters sometimes may have very little difference in their look from previous games, but fans are ok with that, because the less changes have been made, the more recognisable the returning characters are. Similar situation we have here - we got two completely new factions (Battanians and Empire), two mixed ones (Sturgians and Vlandians), and two returning factions (Khuzait and Aserai). We all knew from the very first faction reveal that the last two are not new nor mixed, they are the ancestors of two existing Warband factions so they're going to look similar in some ways.

I still don't see what can cause disappointment about this. :meh:

I'm excited to see if they do anything special with the Civil War, or if it's simply just three factions fighting. According to the Calradic Empire description, they're in a locked three-way civil war, so they will always be at war. I really hope they do something special with this, like in Skyrim, for example. Cool unique events with politics specifically for the civil war. Really hope it's not just "Hey, so those three factions are in a completely normal war with each other, but it's actually a civil war."

In terms of looks it can also depend on how much time there is between both games. Two soldiers born in the same region but say 300 years apart can look wildly different, compare for example a soldier in the 900s with a soldier in the 1200, or a soldier in the 1500s with a soldier in the 1800s.

It's interesting that the Vlandians are said to have been raiders of the Empire's western coast before settling on Imperial land, as if they came from across the sea. I hadn't thought of them coming from abroad, though it makes sense since the land ends at the sea in the west.

Reus said:
8c5d23dd48f24618ac38faad3a65ff18.png

Regarding the Khuzaits, I was expecting them to look broadly similar to the Khergits, though it would have been interesting for some of them to look less eastern- I think it was quite common for large confederations of steppe tribes, as major invading forces like the Huns and Mongols were, to have a variety of different people in their armies.

Something that irks me a little though is that all the riders in that Khuzait picture have the same posture and hold their bows in the same way; it would be nice to have some variation, such as some of them holding the bow at a slightly different angle, maybe slightly to one side of the rider, or some riders could be more upright in the saddle etc. Still, it looks very good. I'll be buying the magazine when it is in the shops in the UK this week (9th of March).

I'm really feeling the whole Robin Hood sort of deal right now, so I might go with Battania once it comes out. Really feeling the forest warfare and longbows. Sounds interesting. I wonder how they're specialized in forest warfare. Maybe they can be hidden in forests similarly to Total War. Would also love to see some sick infantry battles with the Sturgians. Would be awesome to see a ton of Sturgian infantry marching forward in shield formations. Vlandians also sound cool, but they just seem like the typical all around good faction with the lordly knights and such. Gets a big boring. I think the Calradic Empire is going to have some beautiful Roman-esque architecture.

But the cool spear cavalry in the desert is appealing as well. This is a tough choice.

Ki-Ok Khan said:
13121903.png

"Everything is tied more fully into the sandbox. That's important, because the simulation* is the story. The narrative emerges based around your actions. While these will be a more traditional xxxx it's mostly optional and designed properly to get new players familiar with Bannerlord's world and systems"
* = I am not su sure.
There's all I could add

argon45 said:
I expected something different from Khergits, not the same faction. It seems just their names different, thats all.

Well, they are the precedents of the Khergit, a mongol based faction. Altough it would be kinda cool to be Avars/Jurchen heavily influenced faction, it's better this way
edit: I'm back, I hope you lot stayed on topic

Louis said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
13121903.png

"Everything is tied more fully into the sandbox. That's important, because the simulation* is the story. The narrative emerges based around your actions. While these will be a more traditional way it's mostly optional and designed properly to get new players familiar with Bannerlord's world and systems"
* = I am not su sure.
There's all I could add
I'm almost sure the last word is "way". We have a full text now, many thanks to you guys for help.

UndeadDuke said:
Louis said:
Ki-Ok Khan said:
"Everything is tied more fully into the sandbox. That's important, because the simulation* is the story. The narrative emerges based around your actions. While these will be a more traditional way it's mostly optional and designed purely to get new players familiar with Bannerlord's world and systems"
* = I am not su sure.
There's all I could add
I'm almost sure the last word is "way". We have a full text now, many thanks to you guys for help.
well now I change "properly" with purely.  I guess its all correct now if i did not do more mistakes :razz:

I think this may be the answer:
9cXZ_.jpg
"TaleWorlds doesn't disappoint, and I get to watch as community manager Frank Elliott plays through an hour of a new campaign."
  They will probably be showing the footage that they showed to PC Gamer, and that is most likely what Ali Erkin meant in his Twitter message.

Johan_Stormcloak said:
9cXZ_.jpg
"TaleWorlds doesn't disappoint, and I get to watch as community manager Frank Elliott plays through an hour of a new campaign."
  They will probably be showing the footage that they showed to PC Gamer, and that is most likely what Ali Erkin meant in his Twitter message.
rnEqRLX.gif

oh god

Johan_Stormcloak said:
9cXZ_.jpg
If the information this month is a 1 hour long gameplay, then I'm very excited.

I think that a good equivalent to the Battanians are the Helvetii. As the description states, they were enclosed in the mountains as the Empire expanded. This is strikingly similar to the way the Romans expanded in the past.

AmateurHetman said:
If the information this month is a 1 hour long gameplay, then I'm very excited.

I would be surprised if they released the video BEFORE the magazine. So the question is: when is this magazine available for subscribers ?

I would have thought the empire would be the great allrounder faction. But they have good cav and archers. Would have expected a roman type faction have great infantry instead of cav and archers.

From the whole list if feels as if the Battanians are going to be the weakest, with only good archers (probably the best archers in the game) what are they going to do when every faction with good cav (all of them except the Battanians and Sturgians) come close...

Ofcourse this doesn't mean that they don't have any infantry or cav. but I assume that those units will be thorn to shreds by the other factions equivalent.

jackalj said:
Battanians are going to be the weakest, with only good archers

looks like they will be hard to invade and conquer with ambushes, good natural defensive position, etc, but won't focus on expansion (unless the player interferes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom