Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's not dream too hard...

Character permadeath, faster passage of time, aging, "character traits" and "political factions"...
Note that the first Q&A implies that there'll be a battle time limit - LOL.
Q: What determines the General’s strategy?
A: Lords have their own skills like in the prevous games, but they also have their own personal attributes as well. So "X" character might be a lord who plays defensive so he could be more passive in battles. Also in a battle we might be the aggressor which means we would have to attack as well. So he could get away with playing defensive because if we do nothing then we will just lose the battle.

Q: How are the political options in the game?
A: We haven’t really expanded with options and we can’t talk about all of them right now. One new feature we have are clans within the factions so families that kind of group together -- as in the way that you have a relationship with a lord is going to affect how his brother in law thinks of you. We’ve really deepened and improved diplomacy.

Q: Does the feudal system in Mount and Blade 2 remain the same as Warband, which is the 2 tier (King and vassals) system or is that different?
A: Each faction has a monarchic ruler and then the vassals below that as well. They’re still ranked as vassal but the influence that different lords have in the kingdom is going to vary based on if their the owner of a town or just an owner of a village so different lords are going to have different amounts of power and sway in the faction but -- they’re all “Lords”, yeah.

From "The Passage of Time" blog
One major change from Warband is how time progresses; the yearly cycle has been shortened to twelve weeks, which adds more importance to the changing seasons and ageing of characters.

Note that the first Q&A implies that there'll be a battle time limit - LOL.

I'd be very surprised if that's the case. The AI already has infinite patience, there's no need to artificially force the player to be the aggressor. Presumably he just meant the player's choice is either attack or retreat from the field in this situation.

I too would be surprised and even disappointed if it were the case. Obviously they can't be going down that path.
But I wonder if it isn't possible to let very aggressive characters abandon their defensive positions. Would make the game a little more unpredictable and replayable if there were more variation in such AI behaviours.

I'm currently held in the dungeons of Ryibelet Castle owned by Count Delinard. Free me and I shall post to your content!

please I haven't eaten in three days

Looter said:
I'm currently held in the dungeons of Ryibelet Castle owned by Count Delinard. Free me and I shall post to your content!

please I haven't eaten in three days

*Infiltrates in pilgrim outfit and hood and frees the Looter*

"It's almost harvesting season!"

I shall have no ruffians escaping my dungeons.

*My guards knock you both out and lock you up in Uxkhal's dungeons*

anyway...

Let this thread sleep for a while indeed, remember we will get news before June as Lust confirmed + TW's will be there during the E3

Relax  :cool:

Skipped through the last 10 pages, roughly I gathered: One blog before E3, big reveal at E3, hopefully in our hands in some form by the end of the year?

Didn't think it was that far away!

Stan546 said:
Skipped through the last 10 pages, roughly I gathered: One blog before E3, big reveal at E3, hopefully in our hands in some form by the end of the year?

There's rumor that we get some information before E3 happens but in which form wasn't said. Might be a blog, might not be a blog. We also only know that Taleworlds will be at E3 but what they'll show there is something currently only Taleworlds knows.

Salmonsy said:
Stan546 said:

There's rumor that we get some information before E3 happens but in which form wasn't said. Might be a blog, might not be a blog. We also only know that Taleworlds will be at E3 but what they'll show there is something currently only Taleworlds knows.

ask.fm/captainoflust
Q: are we going to see anything related to bannerlord until e3 or gamescom 2017

A: Before then, yes

He said this 11 days ago

Edit: I misread some of your post, but there it is anyways.

Stan546 said:

Hopefully? In some form? By the end of the Year of our Lord Two Thousand and ****ing Seventeen?

*audible sigh*

Salmonsy said:
Stan546 said:

It'll will be a blog announcing they'll be at E3.

And uhhhh uhhhh ummm uhh THEY DON'T OWE YOU INFORMATION. How dare you speculate.

What is the most frustrating is reading Frank saying "a little while", "a little too early", "soon", "just needs some more polishing" when it's obviously far from finished. I was expecting something by the end of last year, and now, by the beggining of this year, but it's more and more obvious that they still have a lot of work to do, and it's not "soon" at all.

Hell, for me "a little more polishing" means  a month or 2 working on the animations and graphics, balancing stats, not core gameplay features left to be implemented.

I had money saved just for this game for more than 6 month now. I'm not really a rich guy, and I'm starting in life, preparing to have to pay the house, pay bills, pay the car, etc... all after I finish my studies. So 60€ takes some time for me to put on the side.
I decided I won't save the money anymore for this game, I'll buy something else in the meantime, and I'll buy bannerlord when I'd get enough saved money after it releases. It's sad, but this misleading words used during the hype train is really annoying, and I'm tired of waiting for this "soon" to happen, when it's obviously not going to happen soon :/

Not ranting, not whinning saying I won't buy the game (because I obviously will). I know it won't change a damn thing for them, but had to say it. The bright side is, I'm starting to save money on salt now.

Yah forget belatedlord... Checkout "Verdun" another indieish game.  I just bought it and it has more than quenched the need for bannerlord news.... Atleast for a couple of months

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom