Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mike56 said:
Anyway, they could still show us once a week a picture taken from their tests... I don't know, the player in full Vlandian armor fighting some looters... nohting too compromising. That would be enough to make most of us happy I think.

The problem with that is the high risk of showing something that won't make it into the final game. One of the few games I actually followed back in the day was Black and White 2. They released tons of screenshots over the years, and they all looked amazing, but almost none of the material made it into the final game. If you check the code, model and texture files, close to 2/3rds of the game was discarded completely, and even that's just an estimate based on what shipped with the game.

Hey thanks, I just have older card direct 10 only
Since watband supports direct x 7 I was hoping they add support for direct x 10 but your right the steam page forgot about that. Thanks.

jacobhinds said:
mike56 said:
Anyway, they could still show us once a week a picture taken from their tests... I don't know, the player in full Vlandian armor fighting some looters... nohting too compromising. That would be enough to make most of us happy I think.

The problem with that is the high risk of showing something that won't make it into the final game. One of the few games I actually followed back in the day was Black and White 2. They released tons of screenshots over the years, and they all looked amazing, but almost none of the material made it into the final game. If you check the code, model and texture files, close to 2/3rds of the game was discarded completely, and even that's just an estimate based on what shipped with the game.

Ah so many memories of Black and White . Such a great game before Peter Moly****head decided to **** it over along with Fable.

DanAngleland said:
If you want a reason for the long time since the last proper news, why not reflect on what we know- Lust told us he had been busy working on the update (Invasion mode for Warband) and that was why he hadn't had time to work on a new blog. We also know that he was busy post Gamescom with the Warband console release. Whereas I wouldn't have expected a new blog so soon anyway (going on the history of Bannerlord blogs), if one wants facts to cite as a reason for not having had a blog for ages, those two issues are the best candidates I know of.

There has not been this length of time between blogs since they began. The longest was four months gap, so we are two months overdue which is note worthy. Also the not having time to write is not at all convincing, it isn't a 2000 word essay and judging by some of the blogs, some of which simply reference wider info releases (like blog 13) they should not take a great deal of time. If a blog can't be written in six months then there is clearly no intention toward doing so.

Now I don't blame Lust at all; he can only put forward what he is allowed to... which calls into question how much of the game is actually there and what stage it is at. They say they are still working on it... okay, but how about showing a few screenshots of it? Will that take up so much time and effort? I don't think I've ever come across a dev as introverted as TW.

How dare anyone out there make fun of Taleworlds after all she has been through?

She lost her aunt, she went through a divorce. She had two ****in games.

Her husband turned out to be a user, a hacker, and now she's going through a custody battle. All you people care about is Bannerlord and making money off of her!

SHES A HUMAN! (ah! ooh!) What you dont realize is that Taleworlds is making you Bannerlord and all you do is write a bunch of crap about her.

She hasnt attended a stage in months. Her song is called ''give me more'' for a reason because all you people want is MORE! MORE-MORE, MORE: MORE!.

LEAVE HER ALONE! You are lucky she even made warband for you BASTARDS!
LEAVE TALEWORLDS ALONE!..Please.

Perez Hilton talked about professionalism and said if Taleworlds was a professional she wouldve pulled it off no matter what.

Speaking of professionalism, when is it professional to publicly bash someone who is going through a hard time.

Leave Taleworlds alone please !
Leave Taleworlds alone!right now! I mean it!

Anyone that has a problem with her you deal with me, because she is not well right now.

LEAVE HER ALONE!

jacobhinds said:
mike56 said:

if they're not far enough along into development to show a few pieces of armour and randomly generated terrain in a screenshot, I would be very, very concerned.

jacobhinds said:
mike56 said:

That's why I said that the pictures should be about nothing too compromising. For example about battles, the player walking on a city, a siege... all these things will for sure be in the final game, won't they?  :cool:

mike56 said:
jacobhinds said:
mike56 said:

That's why I said that the pictures should be about nothing too compromising. For example about battles, the player walking on a city, a siege... all these things will for sure be in the final game, won't they?  :cool:

no dude haven't you heard? Kagos or Kragos cant remember his name is the new messiah and he insists its vaporware. No game, rest in peaceroni. Or maybe TW can't press F12 (default).

y0b0ii said:
Hey thanks, I just have older card direct 10 only

visit the hardware subforum if you need help choosing a card. You can get a series 700 for $50 bucks, or upgrade to the newest series 1000 for ~$150 to ~$250 on the entry cards (more than plenty for Bannerlord)

or buy a used card for much less!

Cheers

CaptainLee said:
DanAngleland said:
If you want a reason for the long time since the last proper news, why not reflect on what we know- Lust told us he had been busy working on the update (Invasion mode for Warband) and that was why he hadn't had time to work on a new blog. We also know that he was busy post Gamescom with the Warband console release. Whereas I wouldn't have expected a new blog so soon anyway (going on the history of Bannerlord blogs), if one wants facts to cite as a reason for not having had a blog for ages, those two issues are the best candidates I know of.

There has not been this length of time between blogs since they began. The longest was four months gap, so we are two months overdue which is note worthy.

Longest gap between blogs was just shy of five months. March 20th 2015 blog 10, August 11th 2015 blog 11. Yes it has been longer than that since the last blog, but again, it has not been six months since the last news; it has been a shade under five months since Gamescom- just because there wasn't a blog it doesn't count? In your initial post on this matter that I picked up on, you referred not just to blogs but to "significant promotion material", but it seems now you are omitting that from the discussion for the sake of lengthening the period of no news. But in any case, would two months extra really be noteworthy, when there has never been any regularity in the gaps between blogs in the first place? If they had all been four months apart then a two month gap would be a true anomaly, but that hasn't been the case. You can't have an anomaly when there is no pattern in the first place. There is nothing new here; it is still frustrating that we're having these big, irregular gaps between blogs but that is the same old story.

I think there is a persistent feeling that the blogs are meant to have a more significant purpose for Taleworlds than an optional carrot to feed the fans on this forum. They have not been posted anywhere else than this forum and the main site, neither of which get huge traffic. Then there is the irregularity and infrequency in the posting schedule, which seems random. The blogs don't strike me as being as crucial a part of Taleworld's strategy as they might be for a company developing their first game or a game supported by crowd funding. Maybe it is a bad strategy, a lack of clear purpose for the blogs, but the point is I don't see them as having a strong correlation to the game's development.

578 said:
A post even worse than my GIF post

As you know, I made it very clear that I think criticism of Taleworlds is fine, yet here you disingenuously pretend that the issue is black and white- because the truth doesn't suit you. If one has a complaint, make it without inaccuracies and hyperbole, because they only undermine what one is saying.

DanAngleland said:
As you know, I made it very clear that I think criticism of Taleworlds is fine, yet here you disingenuously pretend that the issue is black and white- because the truth doesn't suit you. If one has a complaint, make it without inaccuracies and hyperbole, because they only undermine what one is saying.

To be quite honest I do not disagree with you, I just could not, I really could not, resist to post the gif. It is awesome.

DanAngleland said:
Longest gap between blogs was just shy of five months. March 20th 2015 blog 10, August 11th 2015 blog 11. Yes it has been longer than that since the last blog, but again, it has not been six months since the last news; it has been a shade under five months since Gamescom- just because there wasn't a blog it doesn't count? In your initial post on this matter that I picked up on, you referred not just to blogs but to "significant promotion material", but it seems now you are omitting that from the discussion for the sake of lengthening the period of no news. But in any case, would two months extra really be noteworthy, when there has never been any regularity in the gaps between blogs in the first place? If they had all been four months apart then a two month gap would be a true anomaly, but that hasn't been the case. You can't have an anomaly when there is no pattern in the first place. There is nothing new here; it is still frustrating that we're having these big, irregular gaps between blogs but that is the same old story.

And what significant information are you referring to? I use the blog examples as they are at the very least (or where) identified by some semi regularity. Gamescom was five months ago as you point out. The closer you are to release the more, not less, information should be released. Putting aside blogs, five months for the last sighting of the game is a long time. It's not at all unreasonable to question the release date and state of the game.

I think there is a persistent feeling that the blogs are meant to have a more significant purpose for Taleworlds than an optional carrot to feed the fans on this forum. They have not been posted anywhere else than this forum and the main site, neither of which get huge traffic. Then there is the irregularity and infrequency in the posting schedule, which seems random. The blogs don't strike me as being as crucial a part of Taleworld's strategy as they might be for a company developing their first game or a game supported by crowd funding. Maybe it is a bad strategy, a lack of clear purpose for the blogs, but the point is I don't see them as having a strong correlation to the game's development.

Maybe. I don't ever recall such a strategy used by other devs but I could be wrong. They have no publisher or parent company to answer to so maybe that's it. Given the lack of any video or picture material since Gamescom it's difficult to assess where they are in the dev cycle. It would be nice to have some idea given the Steam page is up and there is a community other than here that are also hungry for more info (and unlike here will end up making a decent size of the playerbase).

My overall impression is that they didn't have a very well planned PR campaign or that issues in the Dev cycle put it through the mangle.

Think about it.
If you was going to put a new game out this year you would be at all game shows to help sell your game like TW did last year they was hoping to get the game out late 2016 but they did not. why none of us no , but by not going to game shows this year means 2 things. we will see the game out in some form before PC gamer or the game will not be ready until next year.. that would be a shame back to playing MB mods..

Do not look here said:
Or maybe they don't have at hands build that upon pressing Fwhatever will look like devblogs and not more like those leaked shots.

Yeah because the latest devblogs were so insightful and serious, right? It must have taken them 1 month to write, right?

:shock:
And the Steam page, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting,
On the pallid bust of Gaben just above my wishlist page;
And its eyes have all the seeming of a demon’s that is dreaming,
And the lamp-light o’er him streaming throws his shadow on the floor;
And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor
Shall be lifted—nevermore!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom