Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rungsted93 said:
Wtf is this... Seriously what's happening with Bannerlord ? Stop keeping us in the dark, we're your customers!

They aren't keeping us in the dark; Lust posted three days ago in this thread and told us that: "The game is coming along and we're particularly focused on combat right now, working towards putting together something that we can start using for external testing".

Besides which, you told us a number of times last year that beta testing had begun- why don't you fill us in on how that went?

I'd like several fighting styles but I do want realistic ones. that video was preposterous. not only because the horsemen should be thrown out of the salld but because they had no defense.

So saying they're aiming for getting the game in our hands before the end of last year and then not saying anything.. But sure Lust say 2 lines that they're working on combat then everything is fine!

My point is game developers are acting so unprofesionel these days! You don't see any of these behaviors in any other kind of businesses!

And yes yes make fun of me all you want, my point still stands. I don't mind them not releasing the game "last" year, what annoys me are the keeping us in the dark part. And seriously if it takes 6-7 years to develop a game with 80 people, a good economy and gouverment funding and meanwhile all you do is keeping your customers in the dark. Next thing it will probably release on consoles at launch too and become a ****ty PC port...

Rungsted93 said:
My point is game developers are acting so unprofesionel these days! You don't see any of these behaviors in any other kind of businesses!

And yes yes make fun of me all you want, my point still stands. I don't mind them not releasing the game "last" year, what annoys me are the keeping us in the dark part. And seriously if it takes 6-7 years to develop a game with 80 people, a good economy and gouverment funding and meanwhile all you do is keeping your customers in the dark. Next thing it will probably release on consoles at launch too and become a **** PC port...

Consoles are not even on the near-future-after-release plan of TW. Also, regarding the behavior that we dont see from other businesses. Do you also know what else we do not see from other developers? Quality games.  Of kings and men constantly release dev blogs, one every week at the very least and their game sucks major ass and is dying already.  My point is, I am pissed off too, but we dont even know of what 20% of Bannerlord is, except from the combat that we already have in warband. They cook something big obviously, I hate waiting and I agree they seem to forget us at times but we will get quality. Also, its really ****ing stupid and I think that everyone agrees, the fact that they go MONTHS of total nothingness news-wise but they also deny to release even 1-2 pictures every month. We need something.

I hope there will be proper ddos protection. These continuous attacks against servers are getting ridiculous

Harmi said:
I hope there will be proper ddos protection. These continuous attacks against servers are getting ridiculous

Hopefully there will be official servers like in many steam games with the option to have custom servers. Also the warband servers are most likely hosted by a user-pc that lags, have connection issues, slow downs etc. There is currently someone in warband who DDOS servers in hopes to gather people to his server. Dont let him ruin your fun though.

578 said:
Harmi said:

Hopefully there will be official servers like in many steam games with the option to have custom servers. Also the warband servers are most likely hosted by a user-pc that lags, have connection issues, slow downs etc. There is currently someone in warband who DDOS servers in hopes to gather people to his server. Dont let him ruin your fun though.

I believe Troll-game servers are hosted with some paid gear. (correct me if i am wrong) But you can still make them down by ddos attacking them.

TheWarArmoury said:
Rungsted93 said:
Next thing it will probably release on consoles at launch too and become a **** PC port...
How is them trying to make the best game they can turning into a PC port?

578 said:
Rungsted93 said:

And yes yes make fun of me all you want, my point still stands. I don't mind them not releasing the game "last" year, what annoys me are the keeping us in the dark part. And seriously if it takes 6-7 years to develop a game with 80 people, a good economy and gouverment funding and meanwhile all you do is keeping your customers in the dark. Next thing it will probably release on consoles at launch too and become a **** PC port...

Consoles are not even on the near-future-after-release plan of TW. Also, regarding the behavior that we dont see from other businesses. Do you also know what else we do not see from other developers? Quality games.  Of kings and men constantly release dev blogs, one every week at the very least and their game sucks major ass and is dying already.  My point is, I am pissed off too, but we dont even know of what 20% of Bannerlord is, except from the combat that we already have in warband. They cook something big obviously, I hate waiting and I agree they seem to forget us at times but we will get quality. Also, its really **** stupid and I think that everyone agrees, the fact that they go MONTHS of total nothingness news-wise but they also deny to release even 1-2 pictures every month. We need something.

They might not say it (obviously they don't because they never say anything) but i'm 100% sure they're working or atleast having in mind to at some point releasing console versions... And yes obviously they're trying to make the best game posible but that's still not an excuse to keep silent. Actually by saying nothing we expect so much great stuff that most people are bound to be dissapointed because of raised expectations... And i wasn't talking about other game companies but other businesses in general, you never see companies not responding people on their social medias like with gaming companies... Go to a clothing store, brand, convinience store, super market etc. They will on their facebook pages respond to your questions. I don't know why there's this habit with game developers... Or atleast a lot of them!

But Taleworlds are some of the worst regarding their marketing/pr... What is it they fear will happen by giving a few screenshots or giving some info as you say... It would even give a lot more of understanding if they went out and said stuff like "Okay for 2 years we wanted co-op but it turned out it didn't work out, hence why we had to redo the engine"... And what's the point of having a full time community manager if he makes a blog every 4 month and otherwise is pretty silent ? I'm not blaming Lust he's probably not the one making the calls, but it just doesn't make much sense to me... And then by not giving any Bannerlord info at all for long time and still letting us think there's a chance of a soon release suddenly new game modes and high rez resolution textures for Warband releases... That's really like arrogant against your fans and customers... Atleast give out a statement that Bannerlord has been delayed but to keep us occupied they will do the new textures.

There is many many good mods on Warband to wait but sadly Warband engine is limited and many awesome mods with too high graphics or models
or bad opitmisation can't be played with large battles scales, a kind of new base Warband (could be called Warband Epic) which would be like Silverstag mod and with an engine that gives possibility of 500 units (or more) battles could be an interesting thing to do ! Maybe Warband will be modded for a long time because many people in the world got crappy computers !

Blessed are those who don't know the exsistence of this game yet !!! They don't have to wait ... amen

Rungsted93 said:
They might not say it (obviously they don't because they never say anything) but i'm 100% sure they're working or atleast having in mind to at some point releasing console versions... And yes obviously they're trying to make the best game posible but that's still not an excuse to keep silent. Actually by saying nothing we expect so much great stuff that most people are bound to be dissapointed because of raised expectations...
Of course they're thinking about making a console port. Why wouldn't they? "an excuse to keep silent" they don't need an excuse to do anything, they owe you nothing. And it is quite the opposite about the raised expectations,  games like No Man's Sky built hype and disappointing people. When Taleworlds says they will do one thing by releasing and sharing information but can't in the end is when people's expectations are not met.

I am not understanding the politics here either. i fear we will not face a release in 2017.....
i would be more satisfied if taleworlds would just give some hints how far they are in the developement and why they need so much time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom