Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
warpowerfull said:
I'm a bit worried about being able to defend your territory as it becomes bigger and bigger. Since you can't be everywhere at the same time the AI controlled armies that are in your kingdom need to be able to be smart enough and capable enough to defend your territories. Like if there is a huge enemy army coming controlled by a marshal, your AI lords need to get together and face them as a big army and not just run away from them individually, which happens in Warband a lot. I hate not having the abilities to adequately control my borders and just getting harassed by the AI in games. Recent example being in Total Warhammer where AI just raids and runs away without you being able to catch up to them.
I completely agree. I also hope the AI is coded to attack and fight at each other's borders rather than target settlements way too far away. It would be so annoying if the AI in BL go on and seige a town on the other side of the map and ignore the one on its border. I hated that so much in Warband.

Pilum said:
The September tradition died years ago.

not really. Every year we say that THIS is the year, this September is THE month of happiness. We were wrong so far, but that doesn't mean we won't get it right next year (2017), or the next next (201:cool:, or....

keep trying and eventually we will get it  right :mrgreen:

RoboSenshi said:
warpowerfull said:
I'm a bit worried about being able to defend your territory as it becomes bigger and bigger. Since you can't be everywhere at the same time the AI controlled armies that are in your kingdom need to be able to be smart enough and capable enough to defend your territories. Like if there is a huge enemy army coming controlled by a marshal, your AI lords need to get together and face them as a big army and not just run away from them individually, which happens in Warband a lot. I hate not having the abilities to adequately control my borders and just getting harassed by the AI in games. Recent example being in Total Warhammer where AI just raids and runs away without you being able to catch up to them.
I completely agree. I also hope the AI is coded to attack and fight at each other's borders rather than target settlements way too far away. It would be so annoying if the AI in BL go on and seige a town on the other side of the map and ignore the one on its border. I hated that so much in Warband.

A lot of rulers in the history also hopped that invaders would stick at the border fortified settlements instead of going into deep of the country to raid undefended ones. 
The only thing that can prevent an invader from bypassing border fortresses is a risk that supply to its army can be cut off. But many armies were able to operate quite long without direct supply for their metropolis.

Also, there were a lot of historical situations, when defenders failed to gather together to face joint enemy army.

But I can not disagree that history is annoying.  And in the game I would prefer to see valor battles instead of that realistic cheating.

kalarhan said:
Pilum said:
The September tradition died years ago.

not really. Every year we say that THIS is the year, this September is THE month of happiness. We were wrong so far, but that doesn't mean we won't get it right next year (2017), or the next next (201:cool:, or....

keep trying and eventually we will get it  right :mrgreen:

They showed us so much this year.... it would wonder me if we would not hold something in hand in september 2017.
if beta or release we will see.
but holy moly this game is in developement for more than 5 years now.....
they showed us sieging, defending, the map, towns, smithing, interaction with npcs, and a lot more.
i am really curious how far the game rellay is because for me it seems not so far away from a completed alpha or beta

What's Taleworlds usual announcement-to-release window?  If I'm not mistaken the recent warband update and warband console port were announced about a week or so before release?  Do you reckon Bannerlord will be similar, one day they'll just say it's ready and going to be released in a few days or will they make  a release date announcement a couple of months in advance like most other game developers?

It will be at least a couple of months in advance, probably a bit more. M&B was early access from 2005, and I can't remember when release date was announced. I can't remember when we were told of Warband release date either, but we knew about the game for about a year beforehand if I remember rightly, or a bit less. For most of that time there was a closed beta for multiplayer and a smaller one for single, and about three months from release multi beta went public.

In contrast, Bannerlord was announced in September 2012, so, er....yeah  :lol: Can't really draw any conclusions from past experience. They are a bigger and more experienced team now and Bannerlord is a project on a different scale to the previous games, so I don't think Warband or M&B can give us any clue as to how the run up to release will go. Also they are their own publisher now, so have full control over when they make release date announcements and when to start ramping up public relations.

well...
Merry chrismas ladies, gentlemen, peasants and persons who do not belong to any of these categories.

I believe that the ai should pick the settlement which seems to be the most profitable to him either because of the good of the nation or because of more personal reasons. At the same time armies should have detriments when marching far into foreign soil. I think this would actually be better to implement as a bonus when near cities. spending time far away, especially in winter should lead to attrition and demoralization.

I'd also like to have the ability to build watchposts to check the border and build border defences like palisades, fortified camps and entrenched positions or even walls and fortresses to ensure the safety of my nation.

On the other hand I would also like to see a bonus when a lord's fiefs are near or even bordering each other. This could be in the form of trade benefits, less administration, sheltering displaced villagers reducing the poverty level after a raid and a shared garrison. That is, other fiefs independently sending aid when a nearby fief is under siege (only if allowed by the lord off course).

I'm the worlds best armchair game dev :wink:

MERRY CHRISTMAS, BANNERLORD COMRADES! I MUST SAY I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY. It's great to be in touch with people who enjoy mount&blade games and knowledge of history to produce historically-accurate games. You're awesome, guys!

Merry Christmas, folks!

Have to say I've been lucky - I had no idea that Bannerlord was even being developed until like three monhts ago. Ignorance is bliss and all that crap. :p

VonTwat said:
Thank goodness almost none of us actually follows the Julian calendar. Merry Christmas, fellers!
Did you just assume my calendar? TRIGGERED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom