Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hidde112 said:
Mamlaz said:

If only the ladder was bigger...

In a siege, the attackers most usually must compensate the defender's advantage with numbers. In warband many castles/towns are assaulted with only one single ladder, making it ridiculously easy to defend, while extremely hard for the attackers to protect themselves from enemy archers and effectively reach the enemy's walls beyond the infantry.

I'm happy to see that Bannerlord's sieges will be more dynamic. Players will have much more possibilities, making defense less overpowered.

Isn't it concerning TW have done nothing to promote this game? Assuming it releases  around February, it will have to compete with "For Honor". The multiplayer player base isn't going to be very big, considering not many people even know this game is being made.

AmateurHetman said:
JC LEON said:
i simply hope bannerlord will be released some day...
Um, you can sleep soundly knowing that it will. There's been no indication to suggest otherwise. Many games' release dates are delayed, but still end up being released (better delayed and well finished/executed).

yes  but i hope it will be released before i have 40 (now Iìm 36 with wife and doughter and was it was announced i was 32 and single..LOL)

Plovercrest said:
The multiplayer player base isn't going to be very big, considering not many people even know this game is being made.

I see people talking about bannerlord everywhere. Basically the entirety of 4chan is aware of mount and blade and anyone who's subscribed to any of the big strategy gaming youtube channels (several million people) is going to have seen gameplay videos. This isn't even counting the current multiplayer community which is still fairly active compared to a lot of PC multiplayer games.

And then you have its current and future competition, which brings M&B to the scene while standing themselves in a spotlight, by sheer fact of being compared to Mount&Blade franchise.

To be honest, TaleWorlds PR team shouldn't have it hard when the right time comes. With Warband they started not a niche, but a game genre. Now the devs 'just' have to make a game that could be crowned as its king :razz:

jacobhinds said:
Plovercrest said:
The multiplayer player base isn't going to be very big, considering not many people even know this game is being made.

I see people talking about bannerlord everywhere. Basically the entirety of 4chan is aware of mount and blade and anyone who's subscribed to any of the big strategy gaming youtube channels (several million people) is going to have seen gameplay videos. This isn't even counting the current multiplayer community which is still fairly active compared to a lot of PC multiplayer games.
What about the average consumer who didn't play Warband? Unless you actively search out info on Bannerlord, there is nothing. They could let Bannerlord be played by various YouTubers, which works pretty well, or release more info on Steam.

I also hope Bannerlord gets new players. I never player Warband MP in my 600+ hours because I've heard the community is toxic and nasty. If it's just the same people in BL, then no thanks. They need to actively reach out to new customers, which they are not doing. The game won't sell itself, I guarantee it. TW aren't Rockstar and Bannerlord isn't Battlefield (I know R* didn't make BF).

Yeah, they're not doing that, because they have nothing to offer to those new customers. That's why you start marketing campaigns for your product when you can actually plan it across few months with grande finale at its end. How do you even start advertising for a game that has no release date yet?

Do not look here said:
Yeah, they're not doing that, because they have nothing to offer to those new customers. That's why you start marketing campaigns for your product when you can actually plan it across few months with grande finale at its end. How do you even start advertising for a game that has no release date yet?

And on top of that, only the biggest AAA studios bother with advertising their games. Taleworlds is still a fairly small developer compared to the companies which actually have the spare money to put adverts on the sides of buses.

Plovercrest said:
jacobhinds said:
Plovercrest said:

What about the average consumer who didn't play Warband? Unless you actively search out info on Bannerlord, there is nothing. They could let Bannerlord be played by various YouTubers, which works pretty well, or release more info on Steam.

I also hope Bannerlord gets new players. I never player Warband MP in my 600+ hours because I've heard the community is toxic and nasty. If it's just the same people in BL, then no thanks. They need to actively reach out to new customers, which they are not doing. The game won't sell itself, I guarantee it. TW aren't Rockstar and Bannerlord isn't Battlefield (I know R* didn't make BF).

Bannerlord advertises itself. The siege videos themselves have over 1.5 million views each. The game will spread through word of mouth as Warband did.
And not playing MP because of what you've heard is silly, there's plenty of decent people in multiplayer just as there are plenty of asshats and idiots as in any game.

JC LEON said:
AmateurHetman said:
JC LEON said:
i simply hope bannerlord will be released some day...
Um, you can sleep soundly knowing that it will. There's been no indication to suggest otherwise. Many games' release dates are delayed, but still end up being released (better delayed and well finished/executed).

yes  but i hope it will be released before i have 40 (now Iìm 36 with wife and doughter and was it was announced i was 32 and single..LOL)

i hope for a release when i am still a student and have time. the game was announced when i started at the university. now i am close to finish my final exam and get thrown in the job..... AND NO BANNERLORD so far

TheGreatGold said:
Sir Mordred said:
aekilju said:
The siege videos themselves have over 1.5 million views each.
500 of those views are mine  :wink: .
Too bad you can only 'give' one view per video.

Everytime the page is refreshed/loaded its 1 view. Can be done multiple times by one person.

I believe they may have updated it to where you need to watch a certain amount of it for the view to count but don't quote that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom