Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asounder said:
Maybe we can sing it for someone  :fruity:
PS: This video sent me on a trip into the darkest corners of youtube... I just wasted my entire evening.

Hey now, it led me to more Jon Sudano videos and Bee Movie memes. Wherever you're being taken, I'm interested.

... not that Jon Sudano isn't good.

Taleworlds has a hit and miss history?

I have put more hours into MB and MB:WB each than any other game, I think the situation is similar for many others. I can pretty much count on Bannerlord being my main game to play for a couple years after its release.

SenorZorros said:
why are people so proud about not watching reviews? especially with a studio like taleworlds which has had a bit of a hit-and-miss history it's only common sense to do so.
Proud? Lol.
There will be bugs that's 100% sure. But the firm has a decade long reputation improving their game. This is not the case with other devs.

Lumos said:
Worry not, lads, we can always create some insane thing that spawns citizens (and buildings!!?!) only near the player, making everything manageable and still pulling off the illusion of a REALLY MASSIVE CITY that sprawls more than the entire Skyrim map.
Holy ****, what if we literally pull OpenStreetMap (or something else) data inside the game?! If we could generate procedural buildings as well... *starts drooling and slowly rocking in the chair, thinking about all the power of procedural generation*

8975020l.gif

8975019h.gif

I see the Medieval cities simulator mod from here  :lol:

Gaunt said:
Taleworlds has a hit and miss history?

I have put more hours into MB and MB:WB each than any other game, I think the situation is similar for many others. I can pretty much count on Bannerlord being my main game to play for a couple years after its release.
both the original and warband were very rough gems. furthermore Taleworlds licensed the engine to snowbird for fire and sword and caribbean. two games which were a resounding "meh". then we had viking conquest which was just a buggy mess. yeah, it was good that it got patched but that shouldn't have been necessary. I am aware that it was developed by modders but it had the mount and blade name and was published by Taleworlds. lastly the development for bannerlord took quite long and taleworlds themselves admitted that they had to scrap large parts at times.

I'm not saying that I expect a bad game but... it's good to be cautious. to be an informed customer and to at least wait for the reviews and to read them in order to be certain that they are good. don't try to confirm your bias but enter with an open mind. I hope the game will be good and I trust Taleworlds to deliver but there is a reason the saying goes "measure twice, cut once".

So less about memes, onto Bannerlord. There is a part of blog 14 where it states that there is a new type of damage, fire. We seen this been used in the form of clay pots or Seige equipment, but will this type of damage play a larger role? Will fire spread or is it static and always bound to burn out within a span of seconds, And will certain armor types be more resistant to flames, I certainly wouldn't want to be wearing my rawhide vest near them. Maybe I won't be able to survive a direct splash of burning oil poured over me, but since there's an area of effect to say oil pots, will I if wearing metal armor[shoes mostly] be able to briefly pass through the flames without too much harm?

Looter said:
So less about memes, onto Bannerlord. There is a part of blog 14 where it states that there is a new type of damage, fire. We seen this been used in the form of clay pots or Seige equipment, but will this type of damage play a larger role? Will fire spread or is it static and always bound to burn out within a span of seconds, And will certain armor types be more resistant to flames, I certainly wouldn't want to be wearing my rawhide vest near them. Maybe I won't be able to survive a direct splash of burning oil poured over me, but since there's an area of effect to say oil pots, will I if wearing metal armor[shoes mostly] be able to briefly pass through the flames without too much harm?
There were a few burning things in the first siege video.

I would have thought a rawhide garment would be marginally more protective against fire, since metal surely conducts heat faster, and of course there are more separate parts in a metal armour, meaning many gaps for boiling oil to seep through.

Eh, in the end boiling oil would kill you regardless of what you wore in the times pretty much. Though I was wondering on walking through fire on the floor not lit oil blazing across your flesh. In the Seige attack trailer the character stood away from the fire after the pot from dropped instead of moving forward to slash the gate, so I don't know if it was for cinematic reasons or practical ones.

Looter said:
Great username. That aside, if you wear metal, you'll end up with a high degree burn. But this is a detail that good part of the industry ignores, if not entirely.
From all the points you named, I believe the fire spreading will be on Bannerlord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom