Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pilum said:
Q: "A scene. But don't expect to see those in Native." Awesome! Not expecting it in Native, just salivating over the potential use in mods. Oh and this should be a question, uhh, cats or dogs?

A: Cats but also remember that there will be technical issues in getting a 225km2 scene working exactly as you might be imagining. Our engine isn't built to handle busy town scenes of that size etc.
:lol: Fortunately, we'll have a real programming language at our fingertips to (hopefully) make it work.

Alexander13 said:
Good afternoon!

1.Captain lust, you can upload one screenshot per day?

2.In Russia and Ukraine, a very high price of games.
  You can make a discount on Mount blade Bannerlord for us?

Thank you for everything.

The prices are the same everywhere, it's just us having a hard time earning money. Nevertheless, you could always wait for Steam sales, which offer quite a good deal.

Captain Lust said:
EDIT: Calling it a day there... time to focus on some work!

Isn't this kinda within the remit of your work? How about a screenshot per week at least.

I don't think I've ever known such a scopophobic dev as Taleworlds.

[quote author=Captain Lust]
Our engine isn't built to handle busy town scenes of that size etc.
[/quote]

Sad

edit : Wait, did he mean that "Engine cannot support 15km*15km city scenes"? Or "cannot handle any city props if scene is as big as 255km2". For example, can we have 1km*1km city in the middle of 255km2 scene?

MrMundy said:
He ment that their engine isn't build to handle busy town scenes of that size.
Its not that hard.  :iamamoron:

Strange.

It can handle hundreds of npcs battling it out on a field but cannot achieve similar numbers with npcs having much simpler pre-determined activities and pre-determined walking paths?

Mamlaz said:
MrMundy said:

Strange.

It can handle hundreds of npcs battling it out on a field but cannot achieve similar numbers with npcs having much simpler pre-determined activities and pre-determined walking paths?

"busy" is also relative thing. Maybe he meant something more than the npc number in last siege video.

Mamlaz said:
MrMundy said:

Strange.

:facepalm: He's saying it won't support a city that is 250 km^2. That would be an absolutely bonkers city size with hundreds of thousands of citizens. Google your home city for land area. Unless you're living somewhere on the order of New York City you probably won't even come close to something that massive.

Mamlaz said:
MrMundy said:

Strange.

Likely meant not as complex as something like Elder Scroll's "radiant AI". I think combat AI boils down to, kill closest enemy or shoot at enemy with best chance of hitting.

Varrak said:
Captain Lust] Our engine isn't built to handle busy town scenes of that size etc. [/quote] Sad edit : Wait said:
MrMundy said:

Strange.

I think CaptainLust was talking about an "extreme" case, with a huge city, fully fleshed out with lots of NPCs (maybe thousands) covering the whole of the map.
The Bannerlord engine won't be a professional city generator.

Like I said further above, you can probably still have your map with a couple cities on it and populated with NPCs.
It may also depend on the number of NPCs that can be placed simultaniously both in your army and as town folk.

And you will perhaps need a good modding team that knows what it is doing.  :smile:

Worry not, lads, we can always create some insane thing that spawns citizens (and buildings!!?!) only near the player, making everything manageable and still pulling off the illusion of a REALLY MASSIVE CITY that sprawls more than the entire Skyrim map.
Holy ****, what if we literally pull OpenStreetMap (or something else) data inside the game?! If we could generate procedural buildings as well... *starts drooling and slowly rocking in the chair, thinking about all the power of procedural generation*

Lumos said:
Worry not, lads, we can always create some insane thing that spawns citizens (and buildings!!?!) only near the player, making everything manageable and still pulling off the illusion of a REALLY MASSIVE CITY that sprawls more than the entire Skyrim map.
Holy ****, what if we literally pull OpenStreetMap (or something else) data inside the game?! If we could generate procedural buildings as well... *starts drooling and slowly rocking in the chair, thinking about all the power of procedural generation*

As long as the citizens dont spawn 2 meters infront of you  :mrgreen:
We need more information!! Its been a long time since Gamescom.

--
I read in this thread since post 649 but I think its the first time I actually wrote something :party:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom