Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chii said:
Was it confirmed that we won't be able to customize blunt weapons?  :sad:
kraggrim said:
There wasn't an option for them in the customisation video. We've not seen many of them used in general so they're maybe not prevalent enough to bother integrating into the system. Or just low priority for doing so.
I bet it just wasn't implemented yet. The game was/is still in alpha.

I would like to know if it is possible with the Bannerlord editor, to directly import and manipulate heightmaps (for example PNG grayscale images), or if an external heightmap viewer/generator is still required?

In the engine power video, they showed that RAW file formats are supported.

Additionally, I would like to know if TW has plans for releasing the tools together with the beta.

Do you guys think the game will be released in some form this year ? I know at Gamescon they seemed to evade answer but from the video the game looks pretty finished. And they even said in the start of it there was still some "polishing" to do, not the usual everything is subject to change :smile:

Rungsted93 said:
Do you guys think the game will be released in some form this year ? I know at Gamescon they seemed to evade answer but from the video the game looks pretty finished. And they even said in the start of it there was still some "polishing" to do, not the usual everything is subject to change :smile:
They have got 3 months , why not . Sounds like enough time to polish :smile: . Hopefully a beta. Who knows. Or a demo

Rungsted93 said:

I really really hope so.... but I fear the worst.... I don't think we'll see the game this year.... because they went from "we are aiming to get the game in the hands of the players this year" to *refuse to answer*

Rungsted93 said:
I don't think so. My bet is on one year from now.

I don't think it will be a year before release, Bannerlord has been long in development so i think TW wants to release it soon.
I have a theory that the cause of the potential delay is Co-op they seem like they really want to implement it, which i can understand. But i think they actually didn't mean to from the start/ or didn't know how to do it properly. For me i would be happy to just be a companion who could be assigned to command a certain troop type in the battles.

So i think a lot of the remaining dev time depends if they're satisfied with the co-op part :smile:

Rungsted93 said:
I think they are going to take their time. The teaser material released so far is very less (although it shows class!) and nowhere near what would be expected in case they were going to release this year.
But I seriously hope its not a year from now!!!  :sad: 
A bit of rewind - the first post in this thread was way back in 2012! How time has flown...

Armagan, Lust and comrades :smile:
We can build a village castles - it's good!
This is a typical building? Or we will be able to determine for themselves the appearance of castles and improve it?

Yaga said:
Armagan, Lust and comrades :smile:
We can build a village castles - it's good!
This is a typical building? Or we will be able to determine for themselves the appearance of castles and improve it?
I am sure we can upgrade and improve the castle. Tho I am not quite sure about the whole "determining the look" because then you can exploit it and make castles that are not conquerable.

He maybe just means the culture of it. So whether it follows the cultural aesthetic of the original faction or the currently owning one when building commences.

kraggrim said:
He maybe just means the culture of it. So whether it follows the cultural aesthetic of the original faction or the currently owning one when building commences.
It would be interesting of they had a mechanic like in EUIV where you could convert the culture of a province after a certain time.  The buildings' looks, and even population,  could change after a while.

I don't know if this will be possible at all, but would be pretty cool to start protecting your fiefdom with a wooden motte-and-bailey or even just a palisade and work your way up to a full blown stone castle.

Rungsted93 said:
I don't think it will be a year before release, Bannerlord has been long in development so i think TW wants to release it soon.
I have a theory that the cause of the potential delay is Co-op they seem like they really want to implement it, which i can understand. But i think they actually didn't mean to from the start/ or didn't know how to do it properly. For me i would be happy to just be a companion who could be assigned to command a certain troop type in the battles.

So i think a lot of the remaining dev time depends if they're satisfied with the co-op part :smile:

and what are you doin when the player is running in the worldmap? drinking coffee and waiting for him to get in a battle? would be pretty boring if the player is prefering a "merachant" playstyle and never fights battles.
coop should be more than fighting together in battles. otherwise it would get pretty boring.
both should be able to do somethin in the worldmap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom