Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are aware that this is the Bannerlord thread, right? Why the heck are you talking about what you are talking about?

Do we know if Bannerlord is going to be a DX12 game? Or, Vulkan? I NEED to know what hardware TW are using when they demo the game.... please?

cherac said:
Enough with the small talks , I used to really like seeing forum notifications in my mail box , because it was because someone had made a suggestion or a feature was being debated on ,the forum was very fun and interesting back then , and by that time we hadn't even seen a single gameplay video and no one was wasting thread space blabbing about release date like a kid am probably the biggest fan of this game and I am not even making noise about release, just relax and find an alternative ,anyway I guess its human nature, half a loaf is never enough
Me.
That is me.
You read my mind.
F*ck you for reading my mind.
I don't like people reading my mind.
But you were right when you read my mind.

joei160. said:
According to the the Immortal Science of Marxism-Leninism, there is no such thing as a trans-historical human nature.
It changes depending on the economic structure of a society. Human behavior changes drastically from a society whose work is based on slavery to  one where it is based on serfdom and again, to one whose work is based on salaried work, to exemplify the transition from Ancient Era to Medieval Era and from that to a capitalist society in the Modern Era.
Its either you are showing off , or you badly needed to write something on the thread for your own reasons ..... No one really cares about marxism or hitlerism or whatever  ,there is no need to lecture us on it here, the last time I heard democracy was ruling and that is to say every **** is accepted as fact or law, as long as it gets enough likes on social media .

joei160. said:
cherac said:
Enough with the small talks , I used to really like seeing forum notifications in my mail box , because it was because someone had made a suggestion or a feature was being debated on ,the forum was very fun and interesting back then , and by that time we hadn't even seen a single gameplay video and no one was wasting thread space blabbing about release date like a kid am probably the biggest fan of this game and I am not even making noise about release, just relax and find an alternative ,anyway I guess its human nature, half a loaf is never enough

According to the the Immortal Science of Marxism-Leninism, there is no such thing as a trans-historical human nature.
It changes depending on the economic structure of a society. Human behavior changes drastically from a society whose work is based on slavery to  one where it is based on serfdom and again, to one whose work is based on salaried work, to exemplify the transition from Ancient Era to Medieval Era and from that to a capitalist society in the Modern Era.
Will you stop with the communist thingy, nobody gives a sh!t really.

Will you be able to equip different items to your troops? Or refit them at a massive cost?

Would be nice to be able to customize your army. Perhaps not the original armies, but if you made your own you should be able to give them your own unique swords and armor mixes.

Exitialis said:
Will you be able to equip different items to your troops? Or refit them at a massive cost?

Would be nice to be able to customize your army. Perhaps not the original armies, but if you made your own you should be able to give them your own unique swords and armor mixes.
I'm sure mods would be made allowing that if its not in the game. Anyway there is one thing I don't get , with all the realism and historical accuracy being preached in this forum , has no one realized that its odd , that a random guy can recruit units and upgrade them through a faction's troop tree? I mean its like a random terrorist group recruiting US citizens , training them , giving them same uniform and equipment and calling them marines , its very unsettling if you look at that

Exitialis said:

When it comes to my own personal kingdom I could see the use of outfitting troops being an interesting thing. As a king you could dictate the types of armor/weapons your people use. Without requiring too much change to happen you could get options upon how your troop tree would work, or if they wanted to keep it a bit more balanced then have you select a faction for your kingdom to be based off of troop wise.

If they wanted to go full on customization you could designate specific weapon types or shields to certain troop types, but there would be restrictions and costs. Example: A t1 or t2 foot soldier could not have access to any plate mail variant but they could have access to some decent leather and maybe lower tier mail. On top of this weapons would be restricted so that you can't give them all masterwork greatswords at an early level. Only access to maybe an early tier 2hander or medium tier shields/1 handers. Then as they get into the higher tiers more options are available along with the ability to outfit with higher end gear per cost. Their stats would scale as they level up (of course). I could see the stats working two ways: Either you are given a series of base lines to choose from (similar to baselines seen within our factions to help keep balance) or you are given some set number of skill points/stats/proficienies to work with.

In that scenario you could create a t1 footman who specializes in sword/board combat with good proficiencies, but if you wanted him to also have some throwing proficiecny and stats you would have to use up some of the alotted points to do so. This could create drastically different kingdoms from a singleplayer standpoint as someone may want to min/max their infantry to be sword/board tiered units, while maybe having another tree specializing in heavy hitters.

You could then limit the weapon alotment for each unit to be 3 (or 4). I say 3 because that would allow the AI units a reasonable amount of weaponry without making every infantry unit a swiss army knife with sword/board, throwing weapon, and a two hander. This would help archers (bow/arrow/1hander or 2hander), knights could have lance/shield/1hander or 2hander to deal with when they are dehorsed or lance is not effective in close quarters, infantry could either keep sword/board/throwing - 2hander/throwing/throwing, or other similar combinations. The only problem I see with this is if you wanted archers to have a sword and small buckler as backup. Maybe have archers/xbowmen access to 4 items since they need to equip arrows as well?

In terms of balancing I could see people worried about the Min/maxing of certain troop types. Example: If my specialized kingdom infantry have some x alotted point value that I can distribute of my own choosing then how could that be anywhere near balanced to other similar tier units? Well when it comes to proficiencies while other kingdoms may have spread out values over 4-5 weapon proficiencies you could do so over 2 specifically or even 1. While you would have a higher proficiency it most likely would not be game breaking. You see the higher a proficiency goes the more it scales up and as such the more points required for an extra level in it. By this logic you would have someone at T1 or T2 who is adept at one or two weapon types, but is incompetent to the others LIMITING your equipment options and the way they act on the field / can be employed tactic wise. Maybe your units have a lot of their skill points stacked into iron flesh and power strike making them great heavy infantry, but they are exceptionally slow to move around because you did not take athletics. Because of this your infantry can go toe to toe with infantry a tier higher than them, but if they get flanked or your archers get flanked they have serious trouble moving around to assist or better position themselves.

In a similar vein this would apply to archers and knights. An archer that would be slightly higher archery proficiency because you pumped points would still only be moderately better than a similar tier from another faction, but would have serious downsides. After upping their power draw, athletics, and ranged proficiency you are left with weaker archers who, while mobile, if flanked are not even very competent with melee weapons. Or you could make a better rounded archer in case they get attacked, or they need to defend themselves in a siege defense scenario, even assault the walls if neccessary in siege offense.

Of course the numbers of how many alotted points would have to be tweaked and tested, but if given a similar number to other units of the same tier in other factions it could be a fantastic addition that adds serious depth to the kingdom level along with making your own kingdom actually feel unique. Not only this by setting up your units as you like you could reinforce your own battle tactics that you like, or make up for serious mistakes you are known to make. E.G. If I often leave my archers out in the open on accident making them pretty good at melee combat would help make up for my own weakness at handling archers. Then I can make my infantry battalions specialize in the type of battle tactics I like and use the most.

This is all interesting speculation of how we could better kingdom management, specifically of a player created kingdom's army.
For those who think TL;DR

EDIT: After thinking about skill point/stat point distrubition I could see some scaling being put on it to restrict people doing too much of the min/maxing to little cost. Example: Let's take a tier 1 infantry that is being player created. He is alotted about 15 skill point and 15 stat points. We'll say that is similar to all other aggregated points of other similar infantry in that tier in other factions. Now instead of doing a spread like 6 strength, 4 agility, 3 intelligence, 2 charisma like a similar level faction unit I do 15 strength 0 agility 0 intelligence 0 charisma. Then I could do 5 power strike, 5 ironflesh, and 5 power throw. To help keep extremes like this from happening we could take the median or average of all X stat from the other factions, then for every point above said average increase the amount that skill/stat will cost by two. By doing this we can prevent people from having crazy high stats on lower infantry, while also allowing specializations to still be viable.

Instead of 15 strength the person would be more likely inclined to better distribute the stats. By taking away 2 intelligence and 2 charisma he could change the points into increasing beyond the average, but suffer the loss of extra skill points from reducing intelligence. Again this kind of stuff would need testing to balance correctly, but it's an interesting concept that if done right could significantly expand the enjoyment and depth of a player kingdom's army.

Cpt. Nemo said:
Đяαкøℵ said:
It's called ****posting, Drakon. You should be quite familiar with it. :p
I am but I try not to get political, not to cling to any **** for too long (If i clinged to commie memes for more than a week at most it'd be stale so i'd have to cling on to nazi or isis memes), and I try not to do it for TOO much.
A ****poster must know his ways.

Đяαкøℵ said:
Cpt. Nemo said:
Đяαкøℵ said:
It's called ****posting, Drakon. You should be quite familiar with it. :p
I am but I try not to get political, not to cling to any **** for too long (If i clinged to commie memes for more than a week at most it'd be stale so i'd have to cling on to nazi or isis memes), and I try not to do it for TOO much.
A ****poster must know his ways.
@Drakon somehow I sensed some sarcasm in his post, too bad you missed it :grin:

Will the modding language be C+ or something? Did they mention anything about this?

CTCCoco said:
This, the last time they said it'll be C#. C++ is too complex for regular modding.
In terms of modding, C++ and C# aren't so different. Yet of course, in regular programming, C++ is way more complex than C#. But in modding, you are bounded by the game company's engine and source codes that provided to you.

Taleworlds aiming to support mods more than ever. Sometimes they are changing their -already finished- hardcode systems to make it mod-able, which also requires extra time and work. In recent years, many company turned their faces to mod communities, yet I really don't think they are trying hard like Taleworlds. So I have respect to their decisions and can't wait to see all those creative mods for Bannerlord.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom