Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
kraggrim said:
I hope the weapon crafting element allows us to add decorative elements to our weapons, like inlays/carvings.
10690115_763187790393640_5270097395527602565_n.jpg
Viking-exhibition-011.jpg

Though since the weapon elements can be stretched/compressed it might be difficult to keep these looking good (I wonder how they solved this stretching problem with the normal textures actually).

That would be awesome, I would like to add some runes to my sword. Even if its not in vanilla thats something that could (hopefully) be easily modded in and fairly popular.

Dest45 said:
kraggrim said:
I hope the weapon crafting element allows us to add decorative elements to our weapons, like inlays/carvings.
10690115_763187790393640_5270097395527602565_n.jpg
Viking-exhibition-011.jpg

Though since the weapon elements can be stretched/compressed it might be difficult to keep these looking good (I wonder how they solved this stretching problem with the normal textures actually).
That would be awesome, I would like to add some runes to my sword. Even if its not in vanilla thats something that could (hopefully) be easily modded in and fairly popular.
It would be nice to have something to spend all that late game money on.

Cpt. Nemo said:

it would be nicer to have a economy that always keeps you on your toes. Not matter if you are a lord or a great king. Too much money tends to make the game too easy at later stages.

kalarhan said:
Cpt. Nemo said:

it would be nicer to have a economy that always keeps you on your toes. Not matter if you are a lord or a great king. Too much money tends to make the game too easy at later stages.
While I agree, what would keep you worrying about money all the time? If you loot enough, trade enough, or have enough fiefs, you're going to have ludicrous amounts of income sooner or later.

Cpt. Nemo said:
If you loot enough, trade enough, or have enough fiefs

Loot enough: more enemies, more battles, more losses, more expenses to keep your army going
Trade enough: ... (I don't play merchant, so won't toss ideas here)
Enough fiefs: invest on upgrades, defense (troops to protect them), sickness (like a plague that could destroy a fief that you then needs to repopulate), battles against enemies trying to loot them

just a few examples. The richer you get the more aggressive the world can respond to you. Greed. They will want what is yours, the same you wanted stuff when you started as a small adventurer

Not saying it should be impossible. But shouldn't be easy like in Warband. Otherwise money loses meaning.

Oh and hopefully we won't have personal gear more expensive than entire armies  :smile:, just as a gimmick for RPG gear progression

True dat. If they could somehow make buying armour require more than just money (maybe you need access to an armourer via royal/lord relations), then they could finally reconcile the economic logic of the RTS and RPG elements.

Personally I'd also like to see more armies full of levies with a small contingent of expensive mercenaries or high tier units per army. It kind of cheapens the coolness of high tier troops if you can field an entire army or even garrison with them.

jacobhinds said:
Personally I'd also like to see more armies full of levies with a small contingent of expensive mercenaries or high tier units per army. It kind of cheapens the coolness of high tier troops if you can field an entire army or even garrison with them.

Viking Conquest does that very well, most armies are composed of low/medium tier troops with a small group of high tier troops that can butcher your army if you don't have your own high tier troops to counter them, hope bannerlord will follow the same pattern :smile:

vonbalt said:
Viking Conquest does that very well

VC had to force a few things to make this work with Warband logic:

- slow training (hard to get elite troops),
- elites are expensive (wages) and affect morale (in special on looting after a battle)
- removed the gimmick that allowed you to convert prisoners into free troops -> so you need to actually train them, instead of capturing elites from prisoners
- mercenaries are weak/medium troops (only elite mercenary is hard to find and recruit)

not saying Bannerlord needs to follow those steps. Just that balancing a army is not simple (VC tries to keep elites under 20% for player and npcs).

my favourite system is the one from 1257AD (Lances). I use a similar one (but based on manpower) on all my mods.

Do we know anything about height / size? It would be nice to see huge and weak soldiers making a difference in a battle not only by their skills but also visually. You could tell only by their looks if they are stronger.

CTCCoco said:
Do we know anything about height / size? It would be nice to see huge and weak soldiers making a difference in a battle not only by their skills but also visually. You could tell only by their looks if they are stronger.

There's weight and build sliders in character creation, no height. Presumably build could be tied to troop strength stat for NPCs, though dunno how visible it would be under armour.

CTCCoco said:

This is one of those fine details I hope are in the game. The longer you have certain troops, the more muscled and lean they should become. I wonder if each man in your army will be an individual, and not just randomly generated each battle.

kalarhan said:
Cpt. Nemo said:

Natural disasters and special events (like new inventions) like in Total War would be a good way.  Although it is nice to be the king of the dyeworks.

kalarhan said:

Rome Total War comes to mind. After a certain income threshold, tens of thousands of denarii per turn, a modifier takes place: governors (generals posted in cities) may acquire a corrupt trait, and if posted still, the trait worsens. Remedy? Take them to the field. Or pray for your empire to collapse lol

CTCCoco said:

Don't expect that to be in-game, might be too complicated to implement that. I'd be happy if you could distinguish strong from weak soldiers by their armor, perhaps each soldier can have their own level progression thus an armor unlock system...... or maybe even with scars or symbols on their armor or different shouts and weapon swinging animations/style.. hell, even with the way they run you can tell if someone is a badass or not.

Scully said:
Here's hoping to see catapult that you can load with anything, including other people and animals.

Realizing fully that this is a very old post from way back and apologies if I am going off topic, was searching for 'siege' and got this among results.

This suggestion from Scully can go this way - We can load rotten meat / rotten pork (examples of the things from inventory) and haul them over to the castle under siege. Doing this would reduce the health of the NPCs immediately around where this thing lands by say 'X' amount making them easier to kill.
Such kind of biological warfare isn't unheard of in history.

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/8/9/01-0536_article

msamm said:
We can load rotten meat / rotten pork (examples of the things from inventory) and haul them over to the castle under siege

if they add this as a option it will be something for the world map stage, not the battle.

Bombardment is done on that stage and take days/weeks, so it makes more sense to add a poison/plague option with it, as the effects of sickness would take several days to reduce the garrison strength.

It should have penalties too. You gain renown as a cruel lord, lower relation with the conquered center (unless you kill everyone in the town/village), risk of getting your own troops sick (when you invade/storm the wall), etc

Mamlaz said:
Even if that, bombardment with the sake of causing sickness was barely ever done.
Probably not with the intention of causing sickness, I guess more to reduce morale among the defenders. This article summarizes a few occurrences.  Biological warfare was not as advanced as today :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_biological_warfare#Middle_Ages

kalarhan said:
if they add this as a option it will be something for the world map stage, not the battle.

Bombardment is done on that stage and take days/weeks, so it makes more sense to add a poison/plague option with it, as the effects of sickness would take several days to reduce the garrison strength.

It should have penalties too. You gain renown as a cruel lord, lower relation with the conquered center (unless you kill everyone in the town/village), risk of getting your own troops sick (when you invade/storm the wall), etc
Yes. Totally agree. Good idea on the penalties part, loved that. It may make the game a bit more difficult but i guess some would love that..
Not sure how difficult would this be to implement in the game though... the basic logic can follow the area of damage part from cannon blasts or even the flaming boulders of the Fire Arrow Mod for M&B ( or was it for Warband?  :???: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom