Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The architecture, weapons and clothing are based on the approximate real world period of 600-1100AD. The starting point in the Calradian calendar is 200 years before that of Warband, which was 1257. In screenshots I think the date on the world map has always been 1060.

MrMundy said:
How would Gladitorial Fights make sense then?

Because differently from the Western Roman Empire, the Calradian Empire is falling apart in the 11th century and not the 5th century, also Calradia is not Europe, it's based on RL cultures and not copy-paste, gladiatorial fights would be a fun addition to the tournament system.

vonbalt said:
MrMundy said:
How would Gladitorial Fights make sense then?

Because differently from the Western Roman Empire, the Calradian Empire is falling apart in the 11th century and not the 5th century, also Calradia is not Europe, it's based on RL cultures and not copy-paste, gladiatorial fights would be a fun addition to the tournament system.

Fictional world. Guess some players haven't figure out that part it  :smile:

And lets not forget about our friends from the East. Byzantium Empire lasted for another 1000 years (ish), and altho they stopped doing gladiator events early on (5-6th century), we could get the chariot races as another option too.

mmmmm....chariot race.....

5514414.jpg

I think there needs to be more significance to day and night apart from map speed. Give night some advantages or else everyone will just wait it out for daylight.
Maybe ambush battles? Would be cool. We need to see other lords and their parties camping too. They have to camp somewhere right?

How about Mount and Blade Bannerlord Go? You collect Mercenaries and gear in the real worlds and then fight in sieges instead of gyms! although this would require lugging around a pc... maybe you could just sit at your desk walking in google maps.

SenorZorros said:
that already exists. it's called reanactment
or larp
or other things
Although LARP is sorely lacking any "pay to win" or "cheat to win" options. Speaking of which there generally seems to be a lamentable lack of microtransactions in real life.
(EDIT: To boost your stats that is (although there is this thing called doping which even seems to be acceptable for the olympics now).

Replikant said:
SenorZorros said:
that already exists. it's called reanactment
or larp
or other things
Although LARP is sorely lacking any "pay to win" or "cheat to win" options. Speaking of which there generally seems to be a lamentable lack of microtransactions in real life.
(EDIT: To boost your stats that is (although there is this thing called doping which even seems to be acceptable for the olympics now).
last time I checked mount and blade lacked those too.

it is good that real life is made to be hard to hack but I think the admins should really step in and fix holes instead of simply placing long-term status effects on those who use them. community policing is fine and dandy but there are limits.

SenorZorros said:
I'd rather not have chariot races since it would require the implementation of chariots. I think it would be better to use the effort required for that on other things.

TW has become a decently sized studio, it's not like putting a few of their models and texture guys on making chariots is going to add a year to the dev cycle.

Sir_Newton said:
SenorZorros said:
I'd rather not have chariot races since it would require the implementation of chariots. I think it would be better to use the effort required for that on other things.

TW has become a decently sized studio, it's not like putting a few of their models and texture guys on making chariots is going to add a year to the dev cycle.

If they manage to add chariots it would be nice for historic mods.

Sir_Newton said:

I'd imagine it would be the coding (AI and destruction-physics) rather than art that would complicate things.

Brendan13 said:
How about Mount and Blade Bannerlord Go? You collect Mercenaries and gear in the real worlds and then fight in sieges instead of gyms! although this would require lugging around a pc... maybe you could just sit at your desk walking in google maps.
M&B Board Games Go would be ten times better.Speaking of which,i wanna be able to kill people with board game boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom