Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
honesty I don't think it is really worth to make a mount and blade collectors edition. I don't think the game will see a very widespread boxed release anyway so why bother with a collectors edition?

SenorZorros said:
honesty I don't think it is really worth to make a mount and blade collectors edition. I don't think the game will see a very widespread boxed release anyway so why bother with a collectors edition?

You don't need a boxed release for a collector's edition. As Dest45 said, its is 100% the customer's choice to buy it or not.

Personally, I would like to see a collector's edition. I would most likely buy it provided it has interesting content. The way I see it though is that collector's editions are more for supporting the developers than intriguing yourself. Especially digital ones.

if you mean with collector's edition some concept art and a soundtrack... why not. but I wouldn't call that a collectors edition. for those I expect a nice box and a large pile of useless and way overpriced garbage.

ToyBoat said:
Plovercrest said:
TheWarArmoury said:
It'd be nice to get a statement about it from Tale Worlds.

Can't be disappointed if they don't make any promises.

The only thing I really am looking forward to at this point are system specs, a release date, a demo, and a collector's edition.

collector's edition? I love Mount & Blade but those always seem like bad practice since no one knows if the game is going to be good or not. all faith in taleworlds here but let's please not forget that this is an indie company that has only produced Mount & Blade so far...

Yeah, I've never actually bought a collectors edition of a game. I've never seen one that had anything good in it, that you couldn't buy several months later off ebay. It's not the highest priority on my list.

Got the fallout 3 collectors edition. came with lunchbox bobble head vault boy, making of fallout 3 and a concept art book. was worth it imo as it was same price in the shop as the game at £20 xD

I wouldn't mind a digital special edition thats a little bit more, I love the bannerlord concept art and use the forest bandit one as my Desktop backround. Soundtracks are nice too but don't know if I would like that yet, I played soundtracks from other movies/games while playing Warband lol.

EDIT: I sincerely hope that Bannerlord fixes the autoblock hack. A lot of NA players use it and its very frustrating to play anymore.

they are easy to spot because they block down when nobody charged an attack and they cant block for **** if you charge an attack behind the person they are fighting, it messes with their autoblock. There are plenty of NA players using it and I downloaded it and tested it to see if it worked and it does and its bull****. its got over 5400 DLs and thats just the most recent one, they also share the file on a TeamSpeak, I would love to name players that I know use this hack, many of them in the prominent NA clans but thats probably not allowed. Just hope Bannerlord has some kind of anti-cheat for multiplayer.

They can also disable and enable it with the press of a button so asking them to block up or in another direction doesn't work and they can also block teammates. It severely unbalances the game when you have an already good player and they are using auto-block.

SenorZorros said:
is it possible to disable autoblock in multiplayer games?
most servers have it disabled, all competitive modes are played with manual blocking, it doesn't stop people from downloading the auto block hack though and getting a significant edge on manual blockers.

Dest45 said:
SenorZorros said:
is it possible to disable autoblock in multiplayer games?
most servers have it disabled, all competitive modes are played with manual blocking, it doesn't stop people from downloading the auto block hack though and getting a significant edge on manual blockers.
I know nothing about multiplayer but this sounds like something which is stupidly easy to prevent unless the client is modified which should be quite easy to detect. why is this possible in the first place?

In my experience, the best auto-blocker is like the best bot ai, but with the human error of some mentally disabled person who can't block for themself thrown in. You always pity them even before you find out. :mrgreen:

I guess it's bad for newbies having auto-blockers around, since hackers tend to be bullies.

I've seen server admins ban people for auto-blocking, so I assume that's who it's generally left up to.

by the way, how does the auto-blocking hack work? does it modify the client? if not, how does it gather the required information to function?

I hope you understand this is not because I'm planning on using it or making one myself. I don't even play multiplayer.

TW allways just promissing and there is still no devblog.
they are promissing more frequently devblogs a year but nothing happens

They are not 'always just promising'. Yes, Armagan said last year that they would try and do more blogs, and they didn't. That happened- over a year ago. Yet your post makes it sound as if it is something they have done repeatedly and recenttly, which it isn't.

It is fine to post a criticism, but to avoid being tedious make it an honest one- say 'I am still frustrated about the long established policy of Taleworlds to post blogs very infrequently, which I invariably refer to whenever I post in a Bannerlord thread, and remember the promise in March 2015 to try to release them more frequently:

"Red_Lancer,  mike56:
You are right. We'll try to release blogs much more often from now on.  :oops:"

which they failed to fulfil'.

hirovard said:
basically a marco that detects incoming attack direction and hold rmb for you blocking in that direction

really sad the people who use it.
yeah but how do they detect the incoming attack? I wouldn't expect the game to give out any data that could be used.  they should have to crack something.

SenorZorros said:
hirovard said:
basically a marco that detects incoming attack direction and hold rmb for you blocking in that direction

yeah but how do they detect the incoming attack? I wouldn't expect the game to give out any data that could be used.  they should have to crack something.
the one Im talking about the player themselves has to click rmb. And its a dll file thats injected into the exe after its launched.

creuzet said:
RoboSenshi said:
My thoughts exactly. The great thing about mount and blade is that undoubtedly naval features will be modded in regardless of if the devs run with the idea. Modders can be extremely talented. The Pirates and Fishmod is a prime example. Some very special people just have a way of turning the mount and blade engine into their *****.

Let's not forget about Nova Aetas
Exactly.

Dest45 said:
SenorZorros said:
hirovard said:

the one Im talking about the player themselves has to click rmb. And its a dll file thats injected into the exe after its launched.
yeah, that would work. I don't see how you could fix that while keeping the autoblocker intact. still a shame nothing has been done about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom