Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Old Discussion Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meevar the Mighty said:
Peasants were "employed" to pay taxes. Generally, they would spend a lot of their free time working for their own upkeep, which wasn't covered by the work that they were officially required to do, so to say that they had so many "days off" is pretty misleading. They had to work much harder than modern workers in "the West" to survive. The fact that they weren't allowed to work on the Sabbath isn't really a mitigating factor.

You are so tedious;

13th century - Adult male peasant, U.K.: 1620 hours

Calculated from Gregory Clark's estimate ("Impatience, Poverty, and Open Field Agriculture", mimeo, 1986)

14th century - Casual laborer, U.K.: 1440 hours

Calculated from Nora Ritchie's estimate ("Labour conditions in Essex in the reign of Richard II", in E.M. Carus-Wilson, ed., Essays in Economic History, vol. II, London: Edward Arnold, 1962).

Middle ages - English worker: 2309 hours

Juliet Schor's estime of average medieval laborer working two-thirds of the year at 9.5 hours per day

1400-1600 - Farmer-miner, adult male, U.K.: 1980 hours

Calculated from Ian Blanchard's estimate ("Labour productivity and work psychology in the English mining industry, 1400-1600", Economic History Review 31, 23 (197:cool:.

Compared to;

1840 - Average worker, U.K.: 3105-3588 hours

Based on 69-hour week; hours from W.S. Woytinsky, "Hours of labor," in Encyclopedia of the Social Sciences, vol. III (New York: Macmillan, 1935). Low estimate assumes 45 week year, high one assumes 52 week year

1850 - Average worker, U.S.: 3150-3650 hours

Based on 70-hour week; hours from Joseph Zeisel, "The workweek in American industry, 1850-1956", Monthly Labor Review 81, 23-29 (195:cool:. Low estimate assumes 45 week year, high one assumes 52 week year

Meevar the Mighty said:
Of course they didn't have to; they had to not even think about it.

Yes, because the Medieval world was not Mad Max Fury Road.

Meevar the Mighty said:
If that's the criteria you question when you're accused of straw-manning, it's little wonder that you're guilty.

If that is your answer to a demand of actual proof or sources on basically anything you stated so far, it's a little wonder that you are not abandoning this baseless tirade of claims about medieval life.

http://history-world.org/peasant.htm

"The peasants' lot was hard, but most historians consider it little worse than that of peasants today. Because of the many holidays, or holy days, in the Middle Ages, peasants actually labored only about 260 days a year. They spent their holidays in church festivals, watching wandering troups of jongleurs, journeying to mystery or miracle plays, or engaging in wrestling, bowling, cockfights, apple bobs, or dancing."

EDIT: I don't know if this is a trustworthy source

This discussion is quite pointless unless you choose a region and a time period to talk about.

In some places the church and the king were more than happy to curb the nobility's power by upholding the peasant's rights, leading to a relatively acceptable standard of living.
In some other places the nobility was much more powerful and had no qualms when imposing strong taxes on the peasants, even if it meant starvation in times of famine.

And about christian lords raiding christian peasants, the same logic can be applied.

Đяαкøℵ said:
JESUS CHRIST I WILL NOT ALLOW A TEAM OF ISLAMIST F*CKHEAD MONKEY****S TO RUIN MY DREAM AND PROBABLY MASSACRE PEOPLE.
What we need to do is what America did to the Japanese. They deserved it and so does ISIS and all other similar groups. JUST NUKE THE MIDDLE EAST.

Considering many of these groups are based out of rural areas, what would we nuke? Mountains? Caves? Farmhouses?

I cringe hard enough to get whiplash when I hear people put "nuke" and "ISIS" in the same sentence.

Can we all just keep discussions about deploying nukes and medieval peasants on the Sage's or Anachronist's Guild?

Mamlaz said:

I find it difficult to believe that you're unaware that your arguments are all pitched against straw men, but the alternative is that you really can't read. Either way, it seems pretty pointless to try to enlighten you further.

Mamlaz said:
If that is your answer to a demand of actual proof or sources on basically anything you stated so far, it's a little wonder that you are not abandoning this baseless tirade of claims about medieval life.

Ok, just looking at that one example, try to find where I state that
those evil lords going about their average day raping people and pillaging their own property
and you might come a little closer to understanding why it might look like you're just unscrupulously and pathetically inventing straw men, in absence of any genuine argument. Then you can apply the same tactic to most of the things that you've said over the course of the conversation, if you can call it a conversation when you seem to uncomfortable diverging from your monologue.

Meevar the Mighty said:
Either way, it seems pretty pointless to try to enlighten you further.

OWiR3Md.gif

:lol:

Can you guys like, wake up? Really that's my opinion and I don't really give a sh*t on other's opinions about MY opinion.  :grin:

Guys don't wait for Bannerlord bloody days for Turkey coming... that coup was not fake neither meant to put down goverment NATO side commander's from low to high rank from air, marine and gendarmerie forces were checking how hot the water can be with that coup.. to see who choose side with who and who are their enemies to deal with anyway you think can a jet bomb the city without refueling for 9 hours ???? why do you think guys erdogan's first thing was the close incirlik airbase ? thats becouse nato's own assets (not turkey's) used for refueling on air why the hell erdogan didn't use his 20k troops to suppress couple dozen coup soldiers ? they were just outside the city thats because he coudn't he have to move troops from hundreds km away anyway right now Turkey's forces divided by three "nato side soldiers", "eurasian soldiers", and his newly created and used for syria "sadat forces" anyway right now Turkey's couple frigates, dozens f16's and again dozens blackhawks from nato side soldiers are in Greece those thousands ranked commanders arrested recently means nothing all key rank officers are in Greece right now you guys think couple dozen private soldiers can take hostige general staff of the republic of turkey aswell as other land, air, sea's general staffs all bull**** all of these guys are coup plotters and bloody days will come for innocents, islamists, leftiest, kurds and all people from Turkey but thats our sin to be so ignorant and choose that guys to lead us over and over again. he coudn't see that will come he thought coups will be blocked if he jailed some of our generals lol our Turkey's history all about military coups lol guys think like a northern korea but a nato member one thats how's gonna work if i were Taleworlds i immediately released my game with the lastest build xd and those f 16's that bombing İstanbul and ankara still not found with their pilots lolol

berkyx said:
Guys don't wait for Bannerlord bloody days for Turkey coming... that coup was not fake neither meant to put down goverment NATO side commander's from low to high rank from air, marine and gendarmerie forces were checking how hot the water can be with that coup.. to see who choose side with who and who are their enemies to deal with anyway you think can a jet bomb the city without refueling for 9 hours ???? why do you think guys erdogan's first thing was the close incirlik airbase ? thats becouse nato's own assets (not turkey's) used for refueling on air why the hell erdogan didn't use his 20k troops to suppress couple dozen coup soldiers ? they were just outside the city thats because he coudn't he have to move troops from hundreds km away anyway right now Turkey's forces divided by three "nato side soldiers", "eurasian soldiers", and his newly created and used for syria "sadat forces" anyway right now Turkey's couple frigates, dozens f16's and again dozens blackhawks from nato side soldiers are in Greece those thousands ranked commanders arrested recently means nothing all key rank officers are in Greece right now you guys think couple dozen private soldiers can take hostige general staff of the republic of turkey aswell as other land, air, sea's general staffs all bull**** all of these guys are coup plotters and bloody days will come for innocents, islamists, leftiest, kurds and all people from Turkey but thats our sin to be so ignorant and choose that guys to lead us over and over again. he coudn't see that will come he thought coups will be blocked if he jailed some of our generals lol our Turkey's history all about military coups lol guys think like a northern korea but a nato member one thats how's gonna work if i were Taleworlds i immediately released my game with the lastest build xd and those f 16's that bombing İstanbul and ankara still not found with their pilots lolol

So.... when is bannerlord going to release?

Dest45 said:
berkyx said:

So.... when is bannerlord going to release?

Prob you never see the full build

berkyx said:

How likely is it that Turkey will now start gowing into a full lockdown? 0.1%?
How is this ment to influence Developer Studios which dont even have anything related to nowerdays turkey?

so coups...

but let's bring ths discussion back to the start. whether pheasants were repressed or not I still don't believe lords tended to pillage a village the moment they lost the nearby city. it's just not a smart manouver. it would be interesting though if villages whose towns are taken over could remain loyal to the old faction either by resisting the takeover (generally only happening if they know they will be supported), harbouring enemies of the assailant or evacuating and joining a fief of their old faction or even their old lord (more probable if they liked heir lord).

MrMundy said:
berkyx said:

How is this ment to influence Developer Studios which dont even have anything related to nowerdays turkey?

%0.1 ?? Lol how about %100 and in these couple days.. right now in tv they talk about arming citizens for **** sake turkey is ****ed and that coup will be bloody, big and fast as hell my sources from military says stock food and find a shelter becausd turkish armed forces gonna blow the all **** up and take over 60 f16's missing couple frigates are missing **** dozens of black hawks missing thats gonna be full scale **** at istanbul and ankara all i can hope is innocent ones not gonna hurt becouse those islamists on streets prob ****ed after the coup's takeover thats when the real **** gonna start i dont think turkey became like syria but thats gonna be bloody as hell thats for sure 

berkyx said:
MrMundy said:
berkyx said:

%0.1 ?? Lol how about %100 and in these couple days.. right now in tv they talk about arming citizens for **** sake turkey is ****ed and that coup will be bloody, big and fast as hell my sources from military says stock food and find a shelter becausd turkish armed forces gonna blow the all **** up and take over 60 f16's missing couple frigates are missing **** dozens of black hawks missing thats gonna be full scale **** at istanbul and ankara all i can hope is innocent ones not gonna hurt becouse those islamists on streets prob ****ed after the coup's takeover thats when the real **** gonna start i dont think turkey became like syria but thats gonna be bloody as hell thats for sure

You do know what a complete lockdown is, right? Thats a death sentence for a countries economy.

berkyx said:
Alene said:
Alene said:
Let's keep the discussion of the coup on it's own thread, thank you.

Golradir said:
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,353208.msg8486001.html#msg8486001
^topic for the coup

Sorry but it was important i thought you guys wanna know how ****s are going here
That's why Alene is pointing towards the topic which has been made for info and discussion about the coup  ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom